Thread: new to iphone

10+ Year Old Account

new to iphone

i know this section is about computers but i didnt find anything better that fits mobile phones.

i want to do two very important things for me to personalize my phone.
    first one: how to transfer a wallpaper/picture to my iphone ? on previous phone with android i had a wallpaper with picture and my surname below it. i love it and must have it here.
    i cant just drag and drop it into iphone memory card.

second one: how exactly (step by step) do i cut song to make it available as ringtone ? all i can do is create copy of a song in AAC in itunes with full duration, nothing more.

i would like to befriend someone using iphone that knows this kind of stuff, in case for future questions.

thanks in advance

Transfering Photos can be done a Few ways, If you Load the Photos onto a computer, under iTunes Syncing, theres a Tab for Photos, you can Sync a certain photo folder, and just point to where you stored your photos and Viola, but make sure to have them in those folders when you sync or when it syncs it will sync them off, 2nd is you can Email or Text the photos to yourself however you wish, then Press and hold on the picture in your email and Save, they will drop into your photos.

Edit: Sometimes your Wireless Carrier has a little Thingymajig (Technical I know) to transfer them for you... Depending on how old your Android is, that might be an option too.

2nd for Ringtones, The only way i have found to do partial songs is either an App, which there are many free ones, or Some sort of audio Editing program, Audacity maybe, but i havent used an Audio editor in forever so i dont konw if it'll be able to convert to ringtone files. I myself just use an App...
    Last edited by Kananga; 2014-06-16 at 08:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    another option is to use icloud, when i switched from android to iOS, i logged into me.com with my apple id and manually entered things like contacts, and i have full icloud sync enabled on my phone

transferring photos is another thing that there are tons of options, you can use itunes, or you can post the images to imgur, and then go download it with your phone, or use icloud, or google drive, or dropbox etc

idk about ringtones, i just bought the one i wanted

what i would suggest though is that you don't put facebook on your phone

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    second one: how exactly (step by step) do i cut song to make it available as ringtone ? all i can do is create copy of a song in AAC in itunes with full duration, nothing more.

i would like to befriend someone using iphone that knows this kind of stuff, in case for future questions.

thanks in advance
    Go into Itunes
    Pick the song you want to cut
    Right click it and click on get info
    In options, there will be start time and stop time
    Choose the times you want the ringtone to start and end
    Make sure both are checked and the times are what you want them to be, then press OK
    Right click on the same file, and click "Create AAC Version"
    After it's been created, go back to the original song and uncheck start/stop
    Go to songs/albums/artists, and find the new clip of the song
    Right click it, and click "Show in Windows Explorer"
    Open the start menu and type in "folder options" Click on it, click view, uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"
    The file extension should say .m4a, replace that with .m4r
    Drag and drop it into the iTunes while your own the songs/albums/artists window and it should find it's way into "Tones"
    Click the box to the left of the cloud icon, right under File Edit View, and select Tones
    After that, all you have to do is plug your phone in, click on Tones, and sync them.
    Go to Settings>Sounds on your phone, then touch Ringtone, and it should be there in "Custom"

For pictures, all you have to do is either create a folder specifically for pictures, then go to iTunes>iPhone and Sync Photos from that folder. Or, you use a third party program where you can just drag and drop pictures from your comp to your phone, I use CopyTrans or Dropbox. Dropbox is probably going to be the best method for you, just download it on your computer, and download the app. After that, you can just drag things into the Dropbox folder on your PC, and it'll be there on your iPhone, all you have to do then is just touch them and save them if you want to save them to the phone.

Deleted
    Yes unlike Smartphones that "Just work", iPhones pretty much need a pc and itunes dragged everywhere with them if you want to make changes to even the most basic features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    Yes unlike Smartphones that "Just work", iPhones pretty much need a pc and itunes dragged everywhere with them if you want to make changes to even the most basic features.
    this is not only plain wrong, it's so far wrong that it's the complete opposite of the truth, quit being a sheep spreading lies

You can transfer iphone data via iCloud ,then move them again to computer.
    Sign in the iCloud with the Apple ID on the laptop, and you can to control your iPhone data files at this point. Transfer videos in your iPhone and sync them in your Computer's iCloud

Deleted
    Neeeeeeeeeeecccccccrrrrrrrrooooowwwwwwwww!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    This made me LOL

You dont have a clue, stop spreading false rumors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    This made me LOL

You dont have a clue, stop spreading false rumors.
    But he has a point. A lot of the things you want done revolve around iTunes. Where on Android I just drag files over and play it via VLC or whatever. No special software required.

Wtf?! This thread is 1.3 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, it is 1.3 years old!