Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BM hunter alt having problems with beast cleave on Immerseus?

I switched to hunter in our raids and have finally got to a decent item level to start trying to rank on fights rather than just go through the motions of the weekly 14H farm. I am not too far off of our main hunter (I just hit 581) but my dps on Immerseus was incredibly low. My beast cleave total was around 16m less than him and I found out that my blink strikes was pushing my pet way behind the boss and I'd have to wait for it to reach the adds before it would even start attacking.

Is there a method around this so my pet will always be in range? I am standing on the left center platform (right is reserved for tanks / melee only.)

You can use Dash manually when the adds spawn to get it over there ASAP, but no other way to fix it. BM just sucks huge cock for this fight.

He wrote in the OP he's trying to rank so he kinds needs to Beast Cleave to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    He wrote in the OP he's trying to rank so he kinds needs to Beast Cleave to make that happen.
    Idd, and he needs to kick them locks. Raping everything on the planet in a few swoops.

OR, he could roll a high number.

To rank you need to have all the adds to yourself or get really lucky and get some good RNG to squeeze in that extra bit of DPS for a rank 100. Immerseus is really one of those fights now where even getting a top 150 rank is difficult without tailoring the fight in a specific way.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    To rank you need to have all the adds to yourself or get really lucky and get some good RNG to squeeze in that extra bit of DPS for a rank 100. Immerseus is really one of those fights now where even getting a top 150 rank is difficult without tailoring the fight in a specific way.
    I got #21 with average uptime because our demo (yes demo) lock sat out one evening. About a month ago now, still #41 or so.

Thanks all for the replies. I'll probably just wait for a week when our warriors and locks don't decimate the adds before my pet can reach them with dash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilgaktroop View Post
    Thanks all for the replies. I'll probably just wait for a week when our warriors and locks don't decimate the adds before my pet can reach them with dash.
    Dont take blink strike for that fight. its a source of great pain for that fight. take AMoC instead and keep that on boss. now u can beast cleave the adds as much u like with the help of ToTH. u wont be competing with ele shamns or locks though. Chain lighting can be kept up forever, regardless the number of adds. Locks cant keep up fire and brimstoned incinerate unless there are 3+ adds.

Also, that varies on which strat u r using. in 10 man, u will get plenty time to chew on adds. on 25m, if u get the stack and burn adds strat, where all raiders just stack on a point and cleave, the adds will die so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    Dont take blink strike for that fight. its a source of great pain for that fight. take AMoC instead and keep that on boss. now u can beast cleave the adds as much u like with the help of ToTH. u wont be competing with ele shamns or locks though. Chain lighting can be kept up forever, regardless the number of adds. Locks cant keep up fire and brimstoned incinerate unless there are 3+ adds.

Also, that varies on which strat u r using. in 10 man, u will get plenty time to chew on adds. on 25m, if u get the stack and burn adds strat, where all raiders just stack on a point and cleave, the adds will die so fast.
    This is wrong.

Blink Strikes is a HUGE DPS increase for adds, and is strong on the boss as well, I got absolutely no idea why you'd recommend AMOC as BM for Immerseus when he's trying to rank..

I've been a bit out of the game, but what about MC it in? I can't remember the range on MC.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

You could try...

- Set your focus to the add tank
    - Position yourself between your pet and where the adds are if there's a large gap
    - Use Master's Call + Dash to get the pet to you as the adds come out if needed
    - Create/Use the below macro as an extra Multi-Shot macro purely for the adds once your pet is in range

#showtooltip Multi-Shot
    /cast [pet:Tallstrider] Dust Cloud
    /cast Multi-Shot
    /targetenemy [noexists][noharm][dead]
    /petattack [@focustarget,help][@pettarget,noexists]
    /startattack

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares about immers ranks lets be real here. If you want it that bad then just ask your guild to solo aoe stuff. Paragon hunters are pro at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Who cares about immers ranks lets be real here. If you want it that bad then just ask your guild to solo aoe stuff. Paragon hunters are pro at that.
    Points for Proraiders bro.

This is wrong.

Blink Strikes is a HUGE DPS increase for adds, and is strong on the boss as well, I got absolutely no idea why you'd recommend AMOC as BM for Immerseus when he's trying to rank..
    BS is strong, but it doesnt help much when pet goes behind boss and de-spawns. Its totally based on the strat ur team follows though. My team requires ranged to be back of the room, so melee can have a bit more space for movement, so i have to face with pet disappear issues.

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    BS is strong, but it doesnt help much when pet goes behind boss and de-spawns. Its totally based on the strat ur team follows though. My team requires ranged to be back of the room, so melee can have a bit more space for movement, so i have to face with pet disappear issues.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

But pet despawning isn't even a problem if you just stand the right place? He didn't even say this was an issue because he's got it figured out one way or another which makes this completely irrelevant. He's trying to RANK.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

But pet despawning isn't even a problem if you just stand the right place? He didn't even say this was an issue because he's got it figured out one way or another which makes this completely irrelevant. He's trying to RANK.
    Ranking on Immersius with Blink Strike on? then thats what he gets As he mentioned pet takes time running back, that cant be prevented unless on add phase he keeps pet solely on adds and call pet just before adds starts spawning.

Blink Strikes will still give him waaay more damage than Crows will be able to even if he fucks it up.

You could probably sit your pet by your side then send it at the adds with BS+ Beast cleave and do more DPS than you would with pet on boss + crows.

Masters Call underrated ability for getting pet around
    Quote Originally Posted by Azabondiia View Post
    Anyone who has not done heroic raiding, is John Snow - and knows nothing. It's the most unforgiving gaming experience you can imagine

Master's Call has been broken for white a while in that your pet actually won't move anywhere half the time.