Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarawa View Post
    Thing is your girlfriend has you to bounce stuff off of when she might need a bit of help. Most people that I have seen in the last year when asking for help in either trade or general chat get treat like absolute crap when they ask a simple question about something. Cruel reality is some veteran players think it perfectly fine to treat new people like shit. I tend to wonder how many of these people just up and quit because of the way they are being treated.
    Yeah, she tries to find out all of it by herself, which I commend though.
    But I agree, if she were to ask something in chat, it would most likely be ignored or responded to by an elitist dickhole.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is that a boss in LBRS, such as Drakkisath (Vanilla dungeon) has 91k HP, and a Burning Crusade boss, like The Maker has about that much HP in heroic level 70 dungeon, and about 30k in the normal version.

Seems like the forgot to buff TBC instances when they buffed vanilla instances.

Can barely cast a single spell before a TBC boss is dead if there's people with looms in the group. Lol.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

RE New Players

I recently introduced my girlfriend to the game, who is playing as a completely brand new player on a brand new account. She's played video games but is by no means an expert, and let me tell you, she struggled with some of the quests in the game and some mobs

If you're over 25 days played, you have absolutely no concept of how easy / difficult the game is to someone with 30 mins played, and are merely throwing out your own perception, which is skewed by your own experience and competence.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Who cares about levelling content? It's such a minor part of the overall game.
    Well the bulk of people that never raid or never wanted to raid in the first place, RP's, the list is endless. This is what they lost after Vanilla, it was no longer about the journey getting to the endgame, but the endgame itself. WoW has always had raiding, but it used to be the leveling was the true journey to get to the end. Now all it is is about getting to the endgame content, which there is far less of unless you raid. Blizzard cares to some degree, because they get most of there cash flow from the people that live out in the world constantly they are the most reliable sub they have. They remained subbed even when the content get old and outdated, they are not like the various raiders that come and go like the wind, you can't make a steady flow of money with people like that.

One would think Blizzard would understand that after all this time. They actually give far less content to the bulk of the people never leave and remain subbed forever. I am one of those people, I been subbed since I started back in the middle of BC. I did not always raid and really did not start to raid until a friend asked me to fill in one night for a person. That is when I caught the bug, but I always and foremost was a person that enjoyed the world and I was always exploring and doing various things. I stopped raiding altogether at the beginning of MoP, because I want to enjoy the journey through the content once again, it was not the fragmented content of Cata, it was its own world. I found it to be a fascinating journey that I repeat 10 times over.

I am hoping the Blizzard learned their lessons from the past and are making the WoD content about the journey more than the endgame to get back to the roots of what make WoW, WoW in the first place. If it is as good as I hope, I might actually transfer to an RP realm. Raiding is fun, but it should not be the centerpiece of the game, the content should.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helwinter View Post
    RE New Players

I recently introduced my girlfriend to the game, who is playing as a completely brand new player on a brand new account. She's played video games but is by no means an expert, and let me tell you, she struggled with some of the quests in the game and some mobs

If you're over 25 days played, you have absolutely no concept of how easy / difficult the game is to someone with 30 mins played, and are merely throwing out your own perception, which is skewed by your own experience and competence.
    Even after more than 8 years, I leveled a warrior recently, have never played one since I started playing. I decide not to use heirloom and levels BS along with leveling the character. I only used what I got from quest or could craft, did not running any dungeons at all to 90. I found some of the stuff fairly difficult, even after leveling 9 other characters through the same content in the past. I think that was more to do with no knowing what I was doing on the warrior, than anything else. I got it to 90 and ran it through some LFR content, I still was having difficult playing it but at least I stuck it out to the end. I recently deleted it, simply because I was wasting my time and others by not knowing what I doing. If I can't play a class to a level where I am at least holding my own it gets scrapped. Only two classes I do not play well are a rogue and warrior. I have level both more than a few times since I started playing.

Anyway I can see someone with only 30 mins of playing time having a moderately difficult time. I remember my own struggles when I started, I sucked so bad and got yelled at by so many people for sucking that they far and exceed the number of fingers and toes I have. I stuck with and got better over time, did a lot of reading, as well as a lot of practice. I got decent enough to hold my own and not be a burden to a group whether in a dungeon or a raid. I am far from being a expert, but I put the time to least understand how to play the class and the content to the best of my ability. If that is still not good to some, well that is ok, I feel comfortable in how I play. I am having fun and that is all that matters. It is a game after all, some I think actually forget that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Yeah, she tries to find out all of it by herself, which I commend though.
    But I agree, if she were to ask something in chat, it would most likely be ignored or responded to by an elitist dickhole.
    Which is very sad, given this is an MMO and is a game for the masses, not a few. Some of these people want the game to cater to them and not to the masses, that it suppose too, go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kezmaefele View Post
    Not to mention the fact that this same subject of difficulty has been discussed since the games inception.

WOW has always been the MMO that opened the genre up to "casuals". For many, WOW leveling has always been thought of as amazingly easy.

I would be willing to bet you could find at least 1 forum thread just like the OPs on the WOW forums everyday for as long as the game has existed. Despite the constant outcry by some that the game is too easy WOW just keeps on somehow managing to be the most popular subscription based MMO ever.

Blizzard is like, "If I had a $1000 for every 'QQ teh gaim iz 2 ez' thread... Oh wait! I do...lawl!!!1"

As far as current leveling goes, I believe if they made it harder/longer/grindier right now we would see an outcry on the forums that EVIL-ACTI-BLI$$ORD is just trying to make everyone buy level 90s.
    I still think for a lot people WoD is going just that harder/longer/grindier. I actually want it to be all three, but I do realize, if they made it that way they would see more than are probably going to leave, unsub on a massive scale. I am sure more than a few people would actually like that, because we don't need the filthy casuals stink up the place any longer. Well that might be good for them, but not for the game. There are already not enough of these people not going out in the world as it is, so why bother having leveling content at all, just keep adding raid content. Blizzard needs to stop think that everyone wants to raid, they have probably lost more people to that than anything else. Not having enough content outside of raiding is not going to keep those sub numbers rising. They simply can't bank on the raiders to remained subbed when the have cleared the content and have no new content to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    Here's what the real deal is with why people want WoW to be "hard." Because (1) after playing it for X years they are quite good at it and (2) it is gratifying to see newbies fail at something that you personally consider trivially easy, because see (1).

If WoW is too easy, go find a game that (1) you suck at where (2) you are surrounded by other people who find it trivially easy and (3) who constantly ridicule you for your ineptitude, and give yourself that awesome experience that you think other people should be having.
    This is a crock. Not only a generalization, but totally untrue. Your logic doesn't make sense. If I wanted to see people fail at something I find easy, I'd keep WoW just how it is. Who gets happy when they see newbies fail? Why would a thought like that even enter your mind?

I played FFXI for years, and I got better, but the game never got easy. It was challenging every time I leveled a new job (I hear it's changed today, though). WoW was more difficult back in Vanilla (though not as difficult as FFXI ever was) and I know this because as an experienced player, via unspeakable methods, I went back to find out. Sure, it was a little easier than I remember, but it wasn't a total joke that you just roflstomp through. I've never once bashed somebody for finding it a challenge and failing a few times, because I can acknowledge that it was difficult and I'm not a jerk.

I like a challenge. This isn't an outrageous concept. I like something to maybe take a few failures to overcome. But I want this challenge in all of the game, not just 1% of the game called heroic raiding. Why would I want to have a game that I only enjoy 1%? Look, I understand why Blizzard chose this path - they opened the MMO market to everybody, gamers and non-gamers alike. I know a lot of people who pretty much hated video games (or were terrible at them) but played WoW at some point. It appeals to almost everybody. But this has been their mentality from the beginning. Even if Vanilla was harder, it was still easier than all of the competition. Access to all has always been their goal, and who can blame them? I just wish there was something for me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarawa View Post
    Even after more than 8 years, I leveled a warrior recently, have never played one since I started playing. I decide not to use heirloom and levels BS along with leveling the character. I only used what I got from quest or could craft, did not running any dungeons at all to 90. I found some of the stuff fairly difficult, even after leveling 9 other characters through the same content in the past. I think that was more to do with no knowing what I was doing on the warrior, than anything else. I got it to 90 and ran it through some LFR content, I still was having difficult playing it but at least I stuck it out to the end. I recently deleted it, simply because I was wasting my time and others by not knowing what I doing.
    So, you got a character to level 90, without being able to play it properly. Or to put it another way, going through the entire levelling process of this game didn't teach you how to play the class. Despite this, you still managed to get to 90.

Despite what anyone is trying to claim, levelling is a joke. It teaches nothing, it requires no skill. It is completely broken, in gameplay terms. But never mind, you can always pay extra to skip it, can't you?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.