Will the twilight ever disappear?

Lately i've been running around in lowbie areas and and some of em I had never seen that there's twilight camps around the world, I thought we got rid of em?

Twilight's Hammer is like the Scarlet Crusade. Over done and dull. They need to stop recycling them.

Just my thoughts, don't get huffy.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Until the Cata revamp there were older Twilight camps in a lot of those areas anyway, they never went away.

The old zones are frozen in time. Though the revamp made that timeline... odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

We got rid of the leaders, doesn't mean the whole Twilight's Hammer is gone, it still has it's crazies. Plus low level zones are still in "Cata" time period, kinda like how Northrend is still WotLK and Outland is still BC.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    Twilight's Hammer is like the Scarlet Crusade. Over done and dull. They need to stop recycling them.

Just my thoughts, don't get huffy.
    They could take a break from them for a bit, but I don't think they're dull yet.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Twilights will disappear when the old gods do, well maybe not even then but they wouldn't have ancient supreme evil backup.

10+ Year Old Account
    It works just like how you quest through Northrend as of today, and from time to time get interrupted by The Lich King, even though he was killed in ICC years ago. It's just you experiencing something from the past.

T.H more relevant in WoD than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Twilights will disappear when the old gods do, well maybe not even then but they wouldn't have ancient supreme evil backup.
    this ^
    ALSO, if I can refer all to the WoWwiki page on the Twilight Hammer (would post links but I don't have full posting permission yet)
    there is a lot of reference to the orcish clans of Draenor being linked to T.H and Cho'gall.
    So, my opinion is that the Twilight Hammer will be more relevant next expansion then ever before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of all the story stuff that we don't follow up, you're complaining about Twilight Cult camps?
    Azeroth is in the Cata timeline, while it's likely (if it was real life instant) that some of the cults would be gone now, some would stay, and some would have moved. But because it's a game, the timeline is still in a point prior to you defeating 4.0 raids, etc.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think some factions will always be around.

As long as the Old Gods are around to influence them, the Twilight Cult is here to stay I'm afraid.

Expect to see even more of the Twlight's Hammer when we get around to dealing with Azshara.
    Quote Originally Posted by pilates View Post
    this ^
    ALSO, if I can refer all to the WoWwiki page on the Twilight Hammer (would post links but I don't have full posting permission yet)
    there is a lot of reference to the orcish clans of Draenor being linked to T.H and Cho'gall.
    So, my opinion is that the Twilight Hammer will be more relevant next expansion then ever before.
    The Twilight's Hammer Clan was the clan lead by Cho'Gall. During the second war when Gul'dan raised the Tomb of Sargeras it was his own clan, the Stormreavers, and the Twilight's Hammer that tried to take it. Gu;'dan was killed within the tomb by demons and when the rest of the Horde showed up to wipe them out Cho'Gall and some of his forces fled. They eventually wound up on Kalimdor, and took refuge in the ruins of Ahn'Qiraj. C'thun began whispering to them and that was when they became the cult we know them as now. And it spread like wildfire too, because they recruited all races and made connections with many old allies of the old gods.

So no, I find it unlikely WoD will have much to do with the old god serving Twilight's Hammer, unless some of the modern ones sneak through the portal somehow and contact Cho'gall and/or Gul'dan.

Also, stop using WoWwiki. Use WoWpedia.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2014-06-17 at 06:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if they are all wiped out, blizzard can't just get rid of them in game Gameplay > lore :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a wonder they have any members left to be honest, they're constantly getting their collective asses beat into the ground, so membership must be on a heavy decline.

And why would anyone join them? The Alliance and Horde easily outnumber them, and opportunities in both factions have been sky-high since the end of Cata since both factions needed boots in Pandaria, and even Garrosh didn't put recruits through such stringent and cruel trials. At least the Cult of the Damned has the whole "live forever in undeath" thing going on for it, so it kinda made sense that impoverished peasants/power-hungry magi would continue to join up.

Not to mention every Old God we have met gets "killed" (usually along with a crap-load of Cultists), if they weren't so crazy I'd imagine their morale would be be pretty low right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    They're back in a minor capacity in WoD, retreating to Blackfathom and licking their wounds. Something will come from it but not in the WoD cycle. Same with the Scarlet's revamp in MoP.
    The thing with the Scarlet Crusade is that they seem to have been deposed in MoP, and are on the decline thanks to Lilian Voss.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    Its a wonder they have any members left to be honest, they're constantly getting their collective asses beat into the ground, so membership must be on a heavy decline.

And why would anyone join them? The Alliance and Horde easily outnumber them, and opportunities in both factions have been sky-high since the end of Cata since both factions needed boots in Pandaria, and even Garrosh didn't put recruits through such stringent and cruel trials. At least the Cult of the Damned has the whole "live forever in undeath" thing going on for it, so it kinda made sense that impoverished peasants/power-hungry magi would continue to join up.

Not to mention every Old God we have met gets "killed" (usually along with a crap-load of Cultists), if they weren't so crazy I'd imagine their morale would be be pretty low right now.
    You're applying reason and logic to a bunch of people actively trying to destroy the world with exploding fire-dragons and worshiping giant cancer-tumor gods of chaos that cause their worshipers to go insane.

Screwed on straight, their heads ain't.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Earth has been proven that it's a sphere, yet there are plenty of people willing to believe it's still flat.

Even in the face of being proven wrong time and time again there's always going to be the people who don't want to be told they're wrong.

That's why the Scarlet Crusade and the Twilight cults will forever exist in WoW.
    Response printed on recycled electrons.

As long as Old God's exist and people going mad, I don't think the cult will ever die out.

I read somewhere before that the people in the cult are usually randomly chosen.

As long as it's remembered and supported, the idea will never disappear. The Twilight will always be there, but the individuals involved can be replaced.