Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

The Gaze of the Black Prince Be Upon You - Legendary Quest Rep and Drop Rate Buff

The Gaze of the Black Prince Be Upon You
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The gaze of the Black Prince had been both blessing and curse to her once upon a time. Her journey long and arduous, the blood of the enemy stained her boots. Now she stood on the corpse of the vanquished Fire God – Ordos – her cloak whipping about her frame and victory beating within her heart. Her journey was at an end. But as with any end, there is always another beginning ‘round the bend.

To be legendary, one must obtain– a truly legendary cloak. What hero is hero without one? To help you on your danger fraught quest, the infamous Black Prince would grant you a boon to help make the journey toward adorning your own cloak a little easier. Will you follow in the footsteps of heroes that have come before and brave the challenge?

Beginning Tuesday, June 17 at 9:00 a.m. PDT, through Monday, June 30 at 9:00 a.m. PDT, we’ll be applying the Gaze of the Black Prince buff which will increase the reputation gained with the Black Prince by 100%. It will also increase the chance of obtaining items from his foes needed as a part of the Legendary Cloak quest line including: the Secrets of the Empire, Sigil of Wisdom, Sigil of Power, or Titan Runestone.
    Last edited by chaud; 2014-06-16 at 04:10 PM.

What's with these limited time buffs?

15+ Year Old Account
    awesomesauce!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice!!!!! time to get my legendary!

Deleted
    Conveniently comes when Im stuck farming 3000 valor on my toons

That person who just started a Test of Valor this week is going to be REALLY mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Guuggel View Post
    To encourage people to play and take advantage of them while they exist.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    yet early on they said they were ok with a few people getting to obtain the cloak. Had feeling that way hardly going to stay that way. I am also sure they did not envision the cloak to used as a tool to further gate people from content either. The thing is so OP, not sure how they did not see the gating coming. Anyway good luck to those that don't have it yet.

Deleted
    YES!!! got 9 of my 20 secrets, with any luck I'll have finished the titanstones in 3 weeks, hoooray!!

Quote Originally Posted by Faos View Post
    Conveniently comes when Im stuck farming 3000 valor on my toons
    The most ridiculous quest/gating requirement ever put in WoW. At this point they should remove it outright or move it down to 1 week.

Quote Originally Posted by Guuggel View Post
    Blizz trying desperately to prevent people unsubbing from this dead expansion in their droves between now and WoD.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should have just put this buff in the game for 2-3 months, and not added the stupid Deeds of Valor.

10+ Year Old Account
    welp. guess ill be making the last push on my mage after all.

Wow 2 weeks? So lets have rng just super screw people this time around. I feel sorry for those doing the Valor cap quest. they will completely miss out on this.

With every random shit buff they add to the game, WoD is postponed by 1 month. The 'you can now upgrade items 4 times' crap even added 3 months. Could we please have the game you promised us to come "sooner than we'd think" like a year ago?

Ha, just started Titan Runestone quest. Thanks Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    That person who just started a Test of Valor this week is going to be REALLY mad.
    I was thinking the same thing lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it only 2 weeks? What the fuck blizzard, stop playing these games. Just give us the buff permanently for everyone's alts who already have the cloak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently 5/12 on runestones. At least I can be in relief knowing I'll be guaranteed to finish it by next reset since usually runestones take 3 weeks unless one has the best RNG.
    After that, I can stop thinking about working on these cloaks.

its not playing encouragement or desperation.

it's simply catch up mechanics for those who ahvent done it yet or for alts to catch up.