Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    You don't HAVE to pay anything to play wow. You can find a way to trade gold for game-time if you can't afford the 15$.
    This would violate the ToS.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    seems like a lot of opinion in that statement.

You don't HAVE to pay anything to play wow. You can find a way to trade gold for game-time if you can't afford the 15$. Nothing in the cash shop offers you even the slightest advantage over anyone else. The cash shop is purely cosmetic and just about every game there is offers some way to pay for similar things. Blizzards simply offering something for a determined amount of money, you are more than welcome to ignore it and have no affect on your game-play at all. That is unless you';re trying to argue that people are to dumb to decide what to do with their own money, and that they need to be monitored by the government on every transaction.

I'm also not sure if you're aware of the whole DLC scam EA has been running either. Half the time you know about a games DLC before it's even released with them.
    Actually I did that A guildie payed my sub for 100k gold/month. Still I think Blizzard has disgusting, greedy business practices. When I buy a game from EA I get a game.. just like from any other company. If I dont like the game, Im not gonna bother with DLC.. but if I do, at least I get additional content! Unlike Blizzard that just sells crap like mounts, pets and character rerolls.. thats not content!

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This would violate the ToS.

yeah directly saying "i want to trade you my gold for gametime" is against tos.

However gifting someone gametime and taking a donation of gold for no real reason isn't. Loopholes man, loopholes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Actually I did that A guildie payed my sub for 100k gold/month. Still I think Blizzard has disgusting, greedy business practices. When I buy a game from EA I get a game.. just like from any other company. If I dont like the game, Im not gonna bother with DLC.. but if I do, at least I get additional content! Unlike Blizzard that just sells crap like mounts, pets and character rerolls.. thats not content!
    100k gold a month? i hope that was 1 to many zeros lol.

Also, I don't know what you play wow for, but WoWs version of DLC is technically free. And usually includes a new raid tier and several other perks.
    Last edited by Vishiz; 2014-06-23 at 04:27 PM.

Deleted
    yeah directly saying "i want to trade you my gold for gametime" is against tos.

However gifting someone gametime and taking a donation of gold for no real reason isn't. Loopholes man, loopholes.

- - - Updated - - -

100k gold a month? i hope that was 1 to many zeros lol.
    Nah it was 200k at first.. back in Cata. But I found another who was ok with paying my sub for 100k later.

Nah it was 200k at first.. back in Cata. But I found another who was ok with paying my sub for 100k later.
    your guildy scammed the hell out of you lol. you can get 2 months just about anywhere for less than 40k. Which is surprising because it seems odd to me that someone who would pay 100k gold for a month of gametime would feel scammed by a company who isn't requiring you to buy anything other than game.
    Last edited by Vishiz; 2014-06-23 at 04:32 PM.

Deleted
    your guildy scammed the hell out of you lol.
    How come? I could easily make at least 500k-mil per month..so not having to pay sub was way worth it. I used to dominate the glyph market so it didnt matter.. I guess I could have sold the gold for cash but didnt want to break the rules.

How come? I could easily make at least 500k-mil per month..so not having to pay sub was way worth it. I used to dominate the glyph market so it didnt matter.. I guess I could have sold the gold for cash but didnt want to break the rules.
    selling gold for cash is no different than trading it for gametime...

and if you view the edited portion of my post, you would see i said that you can get almost 5 months for what you were paying for 1.

Deleted
    selling gold for cash is no different than trading it for gametime...

and if you view the edited portion of my post, you would see i said that you can get almost 5 months for what you were paying for 1.
    Well it is actually.. RWT is against the game rules but a guildie gifting me game cards while I give him some gold really isn't.

Well it is actually.. RWT is against the game rules but a guildie gifting me game cards while I give him some gold really isn't.
    no really it isn't. cause the person could simply donate to your paypal for the kind words you said to them that one day.

At the end of the day, It's still currency for gold. That game time card wasn't free.

Deleted
    no really it isn't. cause the person could simply donate to your paypal for the kind words you said to them that one day.

At the end of the day, It's still currency for gold. That game time card wasn't free.
    Well I play RS now and its completely legal there while selling gold isnt. Blizzard is just living in the past.. lots of MMOs allow buying membership for gold these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I play RS now and its completely legal there while selling gold isnt. Blizzard is just living in the past.. lots of MMOs allow buying membership for gold these days.
    Do any of those mmo's have 7 million subs after 10 years? Living in the past... wtf? This is the present. This is the reality. If any other mmo could do it the way Blizz does it they would.

So Blizz is trolling you by not letting you buy subs with gold. Those bastards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Do any of those mmo's have 7 million subs after 10 years? Living in the past... this is the present. Here we are. And in the present, Blizz is trolling you by not letting you play for free. Those bastards.
    Yeah them bastards suck.. EVE and RS are pretty popular too and let me do that though

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah them bastards suck.. EVE and RS are pretty popular too and let me do that though
    Well, that's a knock on those games for me then, not that I'm saying I wouldn't play them, but buying subs with gold is not something I want in my game. Gold sellers would love that one. It's funny because we went from those guys suck for having a store, to let's have more stuff in the store.

I've been subbed for 8 years, only unsubbed once. I don't think I deserve free game time. I don't think anyone does. Would I like a few ingame perks? Sure, I'm a loyal customer, I deserve it. But the thing is, free game time is not the answer. When the free week email went out a few days ago I went straight to my account to check my old accounts (I have 4 total, only subbed on one), and not one of them had the free week, and I felt relieved. Yes relieved! Why? I don't like the idea of the game being flooded with people back for one week, when they really don't want to be there. If they really wanted to be there, they would pay, because it really is a tiny amount, the same price as a movie.
    Last edited by finskee; 2014-06-23 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    It's a subscription based game period they should be ZERO microtransactions infact they shouldn't even be a cash shop.. thats what paying a sub per month should entitle you to, those mounts that they created should of been available ingame.

It's pure greed and reeks of Activi$ion.
    As customers, we don't get to decide what value-added services Blizzard can offer in their store. We just get to decide whether to spend our money on it. When you grow up, you may begin to understand this basic principle of capitalism.

Well, that's a knock on those games for me then, not that I'm saying I wouldn't play them, but buying subs with gold is not something I want in my game. Gold sellers would love that one.
    Why would gold sellers love being able to pay for sub with gold?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Why would gold sellers love being able to pay for sub with gold?
    I'm just going to let you figure that one out on your own pann.

I'm just going to let you figure that one out on your own pann.
    No, no, please I would be ever so grateful if you could impart your, obviously, superior knowledge of the subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no, please I would be ever so grateful if you could impart your, obviously, superior knowledge of the subject.
    Not this time. It's too obvious.

Not this time. It's too obvious.
    Oh, c'mon I need a good laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, c'mon I need a good laugh.
    Pann you're still my favorite. I promise you there will be many laughs to come.