Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    oQueue anti ninja update 1.9.1

    So, Noticed oQueue has added a feature that will popup a warning when you enter an instance or when loot rules are changed,



    If you accept, it will say in chat "I accept the rules: Whatever"
    If you do not accept, it will say "I do not accept the rules: Whatever"
    And if you hit Reject and leave, it will say "I'm leaving due to loot method: Whatever" and will remove you from the group.

    What do people think about this?

  2. #2
    I don't use the addon myself, but it looks like a nice touch to combat the shady dealing of certain raid leaders that have been going on since before lfr and crossrealm anything existed. It looks like it brings a bit of transparency which in my opinion is a good thing.

  3. #3
    What is good, is when you hit one of them and it sends a message, you or the raid leader has proof that you accepted/rejected the rules.

  4. #4
    As much as I dislike oQueue because the mod is almost literally updated every 6 hours and each update makes the older versions unusable, this is a nice touch.

    Although I do not think the second option should be there. It just feels, well, useless. Not many loot masters will change loot rules back to what they were because a bunch of people said they didn't like it.
    WoW Warlock | D3 Monk | Twitter: @NeryssaBH

    <Did it for Whitney> 14/14H recruiting exceptional players for WoD!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    As much as I dislike oQueue because the mod is almost literally updated every 6 hours and each update makes the older versions unusable, this is a nice touch.

    Although I do not think the second option should be there. It just feels, well, useless. Not many loot masters will change loot rules back to what they were because a bunch of people said they didn't like it.
    People can change loot rules before a pull (Not sure if mid fight works) This allows people to say they do not accept it and dispute it with blizzard.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    People can change loot rules before a pull (Not sure if mid fight works) This allows people to say they do not accept it and dispute it with blizzard.
    Hmm, completely forgot about midpull rule changes (yes it is possible). Well, I'll be damned.
    WoW Warlock | D3 Monk | Twitter: @NeryssaBH

    <Did it for Whitney> 14/14H recruiting exceptional players for WoD!

  7. #7
    Its a step in the right direction and probably the only thing they can do given the access the addon has.

    Unfortunately it will do 0 to stop ninjas. You can change the loot rules mid fight, and 99% of the time on bosses that drop a mount. Perhaps oQueue is collecting data on the group leader when they do this, I don't know. If abuse results in a ban from the addon, that would be great. i am not holding my breath though.

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Nivis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    4,903
    I don't know how useful it will be in the end, but it certainly can't hurt.

  9. #9
    Is there a way to turn this off?

  10. #10
    Brewmaster Lei Shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Terrace of Endless Spring
    Posts
    1,454
    What's with oQueue's obsession to have texts in all lower-case? Makes the whole thing look cheap tbh.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    What's with oQueue's obsession to have texts in all lower-case? Makes the whole thing look cheap tbh.
    Glad I am not the only one. I think its a coder thing, no offence to any software engineers but UI design isn't usually their strong suit.

  12. #12
    Epic! Doctor Blithe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Throne of the Elements
    Posts
    1,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Its a step in the right direction and probably the only thing they can do given the access the addon has.

    Unfortunately it will do 0 to stop ninjas. You can change the loot rules mid fight, and 99% of the time on bosses that drop a mount. Perhaps oQueue is collecting data on the group leader when they do this, I don't know. If abuse results in a ban from the addon, that would be great. i am not holding my breath though.
    In light of this, I don't think a ban from the add-on would be enough to deter someone from switching the loot mid-fight.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    In light of this, I don't think a ban from the add-on would be enough to deter someone from switching the loot mid-fight.
    Not at first, but it would be one less ninja if nothing else. And eventually, word would get around. If anything, I'd expect there to be less groups formed, but at least the ones that form will have a better chance of being on the up-and-up.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    Is there a way to turn this off?
    This. I've just updated add-on and went to guild SoO run. First thing after joining group was me announcing that I accept loot rules. This is a guild run, such announcements have no place there.

    I think there should be another button to just close that overlay without saying anything in raid chat.
    Skinning a bear should aggro every bears in a 40 yard radius. It makes sense, you are actually skinning their best friend.

  15. #15
    Just what Oqueue needed... more invasive bullshit.

    Motivation aside, this is the last straw for me. This addon is permanently gone from my game.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2014-06-17 at 07:28 PM.

  16. #16
    I really, really hate this, and want a way to turn it off, and is about to drive me away from this addon for good. Its more than annoying already when it does the /hail bullshit when it updates every 5 fucking days, but this is it for me. Fuck this addon and its invasive bullshit. I want something to help me find groups, and NOTHING else.

    If im going into an LFR, WHY does this have to appear? Same for flex, or guild runs. Theres no goddamn reason.
    Last edited by Killgraft; 2014-06-17 at 08:06 PM.

  17. #17
    Greater visibility of the change is a good thing, though perhaps less of the UI fluff and a short description of what the change actually means I think would be more helpful.
    I suspect many won't have had reason to experience the loot settings prior to such groups, and so might not be aware exactly what that means and might just click accept out of habit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  18. #18
    what i think is the 1.9.1 version is launching a dos console command when launching the game and i wont use that ever again

  19. #19
    To prevent messages from showing upon clicking accept/decline:

    For OQueue version 1.9.1 delete the lines: 693, 703, and 711, in oqueue.lua.
    Last edited by Rulebender; 2014-06-18 at 08:32 PM.

  20. #20
    Honestly, i always felt like oQueue was a pretty bad designed addon... it should stick to helping you find crossrealm groups. It's laggy, has tons of shit in it.. it's trying to be more than what it should be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •