Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still won't save you from the dick master looter who happens to have a lowbie guild member or friend siphon loot regardless of rolls.

That's been my experience with Kardris' Toxic Totem two of three times anyway.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    No need to disable popup. Here is fix that adds 4th option: "close": http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...67828?page=1#0

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    No need to disable popup. Here is fix that adds 4th option: "close": http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...67828?page=1#0

http://i.imgur.com/gfZ30Tu.png
    That doesn't fix the issue which is having it pop up to begin with.

Sounds pretty cool
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Uninstalled OQ after I hit 1.8 in RBGs last season, not planning on ever reinstalling it, sorry developer(s), I love you and everything, but its just too much of a clusterfuck, but this is indeed a step in the correct direction.

everyone complaining about the popup but not one person mentioning the ninja install of icebox and all of its external connectivity to wowhead/amr/skype/etc? hmm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    everyone complaining about the popup but not one person mentioning the ninja install of icebox and all of its external connectivity to wowhead/amr/skype/etc? hmm
    I don't see anything like that. What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    I don't see anything like that. What are you talking about?
    Scaremongering I bet.
    Notice the lack of evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by jsrfuture View Post
    what i think is the 1.9.1 version is launching a dos console command when launching the game and i wont use that ever again
    Don't make claims like this without proof. Pretty sure addons can not do that, unless you downloaded an .exe somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Scaremongering I bet.
    Notice the lack of evidence.
    Id love to post links, and screenshots. But MMO-Champ wont allw me to with my low post count. Dont be lazy and search.

Solidice's (oQueue developer) client for updating oqueue, omouse, omail, etc. Says nothing about installing an addon (also called icebox) in WoW, yet it does. This addon has many tools and features for getting to information outside of the game - click here, be taken to AMR, search that, be taken to a wowhead page specific to your search, etc.

From Tiny on SOLIDICE

if you're on Windows, dnload and run icebox.... then log into game.

once in game, you get many different capabilities:

1. if you click on the dice, you'll see a popup that shows the raffle page
    2. if you click a group in the find-premade list, you'll see the group leader's armory
    3. anyone you target will also pop up their armory
    4. clicking the eyes on the character pane would pop up your AskMrRobot page
    5. clicking the wowhead icon on the quest description will pop up the wowhead page for the quest
    6. if you click any of the link on the info panel, it'll jump to that page
    7. if you use the icebox addon panel, you can shift click items to be looked up on wowhead or undermine journal
    8. if you select skype in the icebox addon panel and type in the skype address, skype will dial it when you hit enter

etc

it's all dependent on icebox running in the background

Deleted
    solidice is independant of OQueue and you can install oQueue without installing solidice AFAIK.

I assume you mean icebox, same developer. My point was more along the lines of "why is everyone so concerned with fishy behavior from "addon A", but not with fishy behavior from "addon B" from the same place.
    Last edited by Qlix; 2014-06-18 at 06:45 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use oQueue but I swear it's the most bloated addon in history, and the guy that updates it is pretty much the biggest snob I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I've been in a few of his runs and I've seen him kick people just for asking questions. Heh. Useful too, but very very bloated.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deleted
    I assume you mean icebox, same developer. My point was more along the lines of "why is everyone so concerned with fishy behavior from "addon A", but not with fishy behavior from "addon B" from the same place.
    How is that related to oQueue? It doesn't download with oQueue, there is no mention of it anywhere on oQueue page.

Icebox is not simply an add-on, its a full blown app for updating add-ons. I don't see anything fishy about it at first glance and no complaints from anyone that I can see.

oQueue does have bugs (most annoying one is disabling reporting option in chat) and developer is not the most friendly person, but stop with fear mongering and blatant misinformation. You got kicked from his group and feel butthurt or something? Did he insult you on forum? Get over it.

An addon is not capable of that on its own, and therefore is being done by an external application.
    IF the addon is only copying information to the clipboard then that is acceptable, and has been done by others before.
    I apologise for my lack of knowledge in this case, but the addon is certainly not reliant on it for the functionality that drives most to use it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-06-19 at 12:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

OQ is pretty useful for finding heroic scenarios on dead servers and finding flex runs. That said its becomming the biggest pain in the ass. First I get two splash screens when I sign into WoW. Then there's the random battletag friends that show up. Then the whole annoying point system with its extra little window that shows up randomly even after I close it. Now the insane loot change spam which I doubt will help with anything as Bliz probably wants actual consent not an addon speaking for you.

Only thing worse is DBM which updates ever 12 seconds to a new version and ElvUI which both pop up the cut/paste update windows when someone joins your group with a new version.

It's true. The icebox app used to conveniently download an updated version of oQueue for you (like Curse Client), and that's it. Now if you try to use it to update oQueue, it updates it and installs another addon called icebox into your wow folder without your knowledge or consent.

It threw me for a loop too that all of these buttons and frames started appearing in my game with oQueue disabled and took some detective work as to what the hell it came from.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

The popup is a bit annoying, especially in LFR, LFD and guild runs.

What I find more annoying is the auto-accept of invites.

I had forgotten to drop some groups I'd wait listed on like an hour earlier, and was in an LFR.

Got invited, OQ automatically accepted. Somehow led to me being in two raid groups at once (both sets of raid chat), and when the OQ group leader kicked me (as I was in another raid, and had even declined the invite), it booted me from LFR too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait till WoD where oqueue will be useless due to blizz adding their own version

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Killgraft View Post
    Fuck this addon and its invasive bullshit. I want something to help me find groups, and NOTHING else.
    This is how I feel as well. I am not asking oQueue to put up "tips" or announce anything to group, or worry about my own loot. I can take care of that myself.

(More than that, this shit's buggy -- the "don't accept" option does nothing.)

I used to be very happy with this addon when it first came out -- a simple feature that people needed to find groups cross realm. Now it's almost entirely pure bloat. It's a piece of crap that I will be removing from my computer.