Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How to save your hair???

Experiencing some thinning and wondering what all of you do to keep your hair healthy and full. What products or regime do you have/use to care for your hair? Are there any products you can't do without for your hair that you would recommend?

Deleted
    I don't particularly care much for my hair. I just slap some shampoo in it from time to time.

Genetics. Beyond that it is a crap shoot in a vain attempt to delay the inevitable.

Deleted
    Hair loss is genetic, the best thing to do is shave it real close and embrace the new look, not much is funnier than a balding man that tries to hide it.

Loreal Kids for life.

If you're talking about male hair loss (hormonal causes), then try Finasteride
    Life is short Glory is eternal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Loreal Kids for life.
    i like those fish bottles. they look so cute.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Genetics. Beyond that it is a crap shoot in a vain attempt to delay the inevitable.
    And I lost. Tried the usual big 3 (rogaine, fin, and niz) this past year... was hell for me considering it was a big part of who I was and my style, but eventually I came to terms with it. Got VERY depressed...but, it just gets old. Didn't see any results, shaved it all off, got bigger, got a tan, kicked ass, and it was the biggest relief i've had in a long time, if not one of the biggest in my life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Hair loss is genetic, the best thing to do is shave it real close and embrace the new look, not much is funnier than a balding man that tries to hide it.
    That is pretty much true. Get hair implants or shave it, or just deal with the hair loss as it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    And I lost. Tried the usual big 3 (rogaine, fin, and niz) this past year... was hell for me considering it was a big part of who I was and my style, but eventually I came to terms with it. Got VERY depressed...but, it just gets old. Didn't see any results, shaved it all off, got bigger, got a tan, kicked ass, and it was the biggest relief i've had in a long time, if not one of the biggest in my life.
    Yep finding confidence in yourself will do you much better than trying to fight a loosing battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a person suffering from thinning hair i feel your pain. my front hair is slowly thinning away. my luxurious brown hair. all at the young tender age of 27. /cry
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Lol baldies....

10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend keeping it short and tidy, that's about the best you can do.

I wouldn't waste any money on hair loss concoctions. My theory has always been that if any of them actually worked it would be big enough news that we would have heard about it by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayla Speight View Post
    Experiencing some thinning and wondering what all of you do to keep your hair healthy and full. What products or regime do you have/use to care for your hair? Are there any products you can't do without for your hair that you would recommend?
    My hair Regime

Once you go smooth, you dont look back. Seriously, Shaving my head is one of the best feelings. No need to worry about loss of hair, head is a LOT cooler in summer, and best of all, there is very little after care needed. If your loosing hair, then embrace your baldness!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    How to save your hair.

1. Don't stress - Kids, wife, job, or gf can cause massive amounts of stress.
    2. Don't wear baseball caps.
    3. Don't treat your hair like an alchemy experiment.

That is all.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    This 100 times over. Own the hair loss and don't let it own you. Self-confidence is far more attractive than a nice haircut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baldness on mother's side - grandad was a proper slaphead.

Baldness on father's side - more thinning than slaphead.

Brothers all thinning, and have been for years.

Me...full head of hair.

Sometimes you win the lottery of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    A confident man is attractive, with hair or without! ;3...although you sig is a tad bit scary. Cool, but scary!

My cousin got the gene that makes you bald, and he went the same route. Tried a wig, tried a comb over but in the end he simply went with it. Now he looks like Walter White...figures, seeing how he loves the show. ^^. His girlfriend at the time didn't wanna have it, she spent money on treatments but it was a lost cause. If you have the gene, then it's just how it is. They didn't split up over the hair though, might add that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends really, are you a lady or a man @ OP?
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Baldness on mother's side - grandad was a proper slaphead.

Baldness on father's side - more thinning than slaphead.

Brothers all thinning, and have been for years.

Me...full head of hair.

Sometimes you win the lottery of life.
    My dad is the same. All his male siblings = blonde hair that has grown thinner through the years, and now they are all bald with just a few silky thin hairs up top. Dad? Jet black, thick hair with almost no grey in it at the age of 56. He suffered for his hair color as a young boy though in a small-minded community in the Swedish countryside, so...he paid for having no slaphead!