Do several stormlash totems stack or should you chain them?

I always thought you should chain the stormlash totems to get the most out of them, but tonight I was told that they stack so you might as well just pop them all at the same time? Is that true? Couldn't find any existing threads about it.

Deleted
    They dont stack. But seriously, this information is like all over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    They dont stack. But seriously, this information is like all over the internet.
    and that's why he's here, on the internet getting the information
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I'm the only shaman in our raid group so I've never gotten the opportunity to see this but... If more than 1 Stormlash is dropped do you see the Stormlash buff icon more than once in the buffs panel? If so I'd go with it stacking. If only 1 appears then I'd go with no.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to chain them, they do NOT stack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

If three shamans pop their stormlashes at the same time you will see 3 stormlash buff icons, which is the confusing part. But ye I also always thought that you had to chain them. Is there anyway to prove this to those ppl claiming that they stack?

Deleted
    They do not stack. If you use 3 stormlash totems at the same time, the chance of dealing nature damage is not increased, it's the same as if you were using one totem.
    It's hard to prove this, as the extra nature damage is a chance, so the outcome of triggered attacks could vary a lot.

WA2 String if you'd like to track Stormlashes with duration + source: http://pastebin.com/7Fp7t4C1

10+ Year Old Account
    I was the only Shaman in my group actually using Stormlash but as far as I know it doesn't stack at all, no. Try to time it with the Warrior's banner (if you have one) if you can, that seems to give me the most damage out of it.

I wonder why they allow multiple Stormlash totem buff icons then. Seems misleading.

Deleted
    As others have mentioned, they do NOT stack. The totem gives a raidwide buff that gives every member a chance on attack to deal additional nature damage. This chance is not increased for additional instances of the stormlash totem buff. It was tested a long time ago, and this hasn't changed. You should have every shaman use some kind of tracking mechanism to chain the stormlashes during hero/warrior banner.

Well on the plus size, this totem is going the way of the dino's come next expansion, so at least then we wont have to worry about it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddahpal View Post
    Well on the plus size, this totem is going the way of the dino's come next expansion, so at least then we wont have to worry about it anymore.
    I was gonna say, discussing this is kind of pointless. It's like talking about how Stoneskin Totem doesn't give enough Armor.
    Do not underestimate us.

The last time I ended up testing this was before they changed the proc chance/damage and at that point they most certainly did not stack. I would imagine that hasn't changed.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com