Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    No, I don't. You said communism is a belief that everyone is equal, when in reality it is predicated on that assumption.
    I said at its core.

They're not forced.
    But you'd force them right?

I believe in Affirmative Action, yes. The bit about qualifications is a non sequitur though.
    Making racism illegal is one thing. Forcing people to hire minorities just because they are minorities is another.

If there's a lack of jobs in the country then the solution is to create more jobs that are suited for everyone, not force people to hire someone or accept a university application with Affirmative Action. Why don't we choose the best person for the job instead?

AA forces equality that either doesn't exist or could exist if people succeeded based on merit alone.

The fact that we have a community organizer in the White House instead of someone who actually understands economics like Romney is a testament to how far the U.S. has fallen.

Despite Democratic policies almost always benefitting the middle class more.
    The Democrats want to tax the wealthy more but they won't really touch the biggest earners because that's where they receive most of their funding.

Creating a poor underclass benefits the Democrats more than a strong Middle Class because it means more voters who are dependent on the government. The end result will be more gated communities where anyone who can succeed will concentrate in states with sane economic policies.

The alternative was voting for a Republican.
    You could have done far worse than Romney. Even many Conservatives didn't like him because he wasn't right wing enough, but you and other Democrats see him as some kind of ultra right wing demon god who wants to burn homosexuals alive.

When in reality all Romney wanted to do was create a better economy.

Business people do not make good economic policy for governments. I don't even know why you consider 'businessman' to be a qualification.
    A government cannot exist without taxes which come from private sector jobs.

You have your priorities in the wrong order. More full time jobs should be the government's main priority. Instead electing a black president was more important.

Nothing that they didn't do last time. This is why the Republican attacks on Obama were so weak, because all the good material had already been exploited during Democratic primaries.
    Obama had almost the entire media covering him merely because he was a black Democrat. That's a great reason to elect a politician.

I see far more disagreement among Republicans than Democrats. Democrats eat their own alive if someone steps out of line. They are like a hive mind.
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2014-06-17 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    All the kindness!

To not allow people to sell products as they wish prior to entering the war would be a gross violation of economic liberty (thank you for letting me bring liberty into this somehow, I was worried I wouldn't get to this thread). As for how much was sold to them, it was a pittance compared to sales to France and Britain due to Germany’s absolute failure of any adequate shipping.

But he also poisoned his dog immediately prior to killing himself. According to the majority of the internet, even killing Hitler isn't anywhere near good enough to make up for killing a dog.
    Helping both the ally and the enemy equally cancels out the amoutn of help provided!

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    How do you feel about vigilante cops?
    depends on the circumstance if it was to defend ones self or another from bodily harm then im for taking the law into your own hands

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Helping both the ally and the enemy equally cancels out the amoutn of help provided!
    they were neutral, the US technically had no allies or enemies
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    But he also poisoned his dog immediately prior to killing himself. According to the majority of the internet, even killing Hitler isn't anywhere near good enough to make up for killing a dog.
    It was a German Shepherd too, wasn't it? What an ass hole...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    they were neutral, the US technically had no allies or enemies
    Well its stil pretty silly to say "we were helping you survive" when you were also helping their enemy to commit war against them.

So she did her job as a defense attorney?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    depends on the circumstance if it was to defend ones self or another from bodily harm then im for taking the law into your own hands
    Just scream 'I am the law!!!'...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with poser on this.

If Hillary was the acting defense attorney, then she was doing her job. Like her or not, like what she did or not, it was still her job.
    If your job is to make sure a raped 12-year old never sees justice and suffers for the rest of her life by saying the rape was her fault, I understand you make a good lawyer.

I don't want someone that amoral as President.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well its stil pretty silly to say "we were helping you survive" when you were also helping their enemy to commit war against them.
    the amount of help they gave the allies/Britian was a hell of a lot more than they gave the Germans.
    Hell they even shot at and killed Germans even though they were 'technically' neutral at times
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is it? The problem is most people try to debate ethics from very narrow views. Is it ethical to deny the best possible defense to the accused? Under what ethical construct are we making judgements here? I'd assume we would have to interpret the event at the very least through ethical egoism, utilitarianism and deontology (and I expect the teleological points of view would both come in favor of Hilary's actions as ethical).
    it makes it unethical when it forces other women not to come forward to report or testify in rape cases out of fear of being intimidated attacked and or slut shamed

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully the amounts weren't equal. Russia and Britain ended up getting way more stuff for free (not even counting what was even paid for) than we sold to Germany prior to entering.

Also, aren’t you American? STOP PLAYING FOR THE OTHER TEAM!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    It was a German Shepherd too, wasn't it? What an ass hole...
    We even have pictures of him to make the internet even angrier. Just look at him! The poor puppy!

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    If your job is to make sure a raped 12-year old never sees justice and suffers for the rest of her life by saying the rape was her fault, I understand you make a good lawyer.

I don't want someone that amoral as President.
    Spaghetti, meet wall.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully the amounts weren't equal. Russia and Britain ended up getting way more stuff for free (not even counting what was even paid for) than we sold to Germany prior to entering.

Also, aren’t you American? STOP PLAYING FOR THE OTHER TEAM!!!!

We even have pictures of him to make the internet even angrier. Just look at him! The poor puppy!

As a lover of history, I love knowing both sides! so neener neener!

it makes it unethical when it forces other women not to come forward to report or testify in rape cases out of fear of being intimidated attacked and or slut shamed
    Ah, that concern for women.

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE VICTIMS?
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

it is not her duty to be unethical immoral and have no principals in her defense

and how can you argue that attacking and slut shamming a 12 year old is ethical moral and shows principals
    It's not "slut-shaming". You keep using that term incorrectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    To not allow people to sell products as they wish prior to entering the war would be a gross violation of economic liberty (thank you for letting me bring liberty into this somehow, I was worried I wouldn't get to this thread). As for how much was sold to them, it was a pittance compared to sales to France and Britain due to Germany’s absolute failure of any adequate shipping.
    Selling more stuff to Britain, due to them being richer and having control of the shipping channels, was hardly an act of nobleness or something to which we should be grateful to anybody other than the Royal Navy and Britain's commerce.

To be fair, your President at the time wanted to help us. We like him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    I said at its core.
    Stating a core assumption of an ideology is not the same as stating what the ideology is about.

But you'd force them right?
    I'd rather incentivize them with tax deductions.

Making racism illegal is one thing. Forcing people to hire minorities just because they are minorities is another.

If there's a lack of jobs in the country then the solution is to create more jobs that are suited to everyone, not force people to hire someone or accept a university application with Affirmative Action. Why don't we choose the best person for the job instead?

AA forces equality that either doesn't exist or could exist if people succeeded based on merit alone.

The fact that we have a community organizer in the White House instead of someone who actually understands economics like Romney is a testament to how far the U.S. has fallen.
    Romney doesn't understand economics.

The Democrats want to tax the wealthy more but they won't really touch the biggest earners because that's where they receive most of their funding.
    I said almost always, please note the qualifiers.

Creating a poor underclass benefits the Democrats more than a strong Middle Class because it means more voters who are dependent on the government. The end result will be more gated communities where anyone who can succeed will concentrate in states with sane economic policies.
    Because Republican voters aren't dependent on the government. Right.

You could have done far worse than Romney. Even many Conservatives didn't like him because he wasn't right wing enough, but you and other Democrats see him as some kind of ultra right wing demon god who wants to burn homosexuals alive.

When in reality all Romney wanted to do was create a better economy.
    Good for him. Doesn't mean his policies carried a milliliter of merit.

A government cannot exist without taxes which come from private sector jobs.

You have your priorities in the wrong order. More full time jobs should be the government's main priority. Instead electing a black president was more important.
    And the only reason the money with which that labor is remunerated exists is because of the government.

Government is not a business, nor should it be treated as such.

Obama had almost the entire media covering him just because he was a black Democrat. That's a great reason to elect a politician.

I see far more disagreement among Republicans than Democrats. Democrats eat their own alive if someone steps out of line. They are like a hive mind.
    What does this have to do with anything?

Also, welcome to bipartisan politics. I don't see you proposing electoral reforms to fix the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, this started bad and got worse. Locking this thread.