Okay, something i've noticed as im sure many of you have is that Blizzard has a known history to rehash much of the content they previously worked on. Some notable examples:
- Dragon Soul (almost entire instance was a rehash)
- Zul'Gurub (rehash of the 20 man raid)
- Zul'Aman (rehash of the 10 man raid)
- Naxxaramus 2.0 (a literal copy and paste from vanilla naxx for wrath progression content)
- Scholomance (rehash of the classic dungeon)
- Shadowfang keep (rehash of the classic dungeon)
- Deadmines (rehash of the classic dungeon)
- Seige of Orgrimmar (literally 50% of the raid was previous out door world environments)
- Scenarios (many of them a rehash of an already outdoor open environment)
- Onyxia (a copy and paste to Wrath updated to 80)
- Black wing descent (rehashed Nefarian, Re-Rehashed Onyxia)
Now this list even surprises me as a long time fan of the franchise. It looks like a whole expansion could have been made from this. At what point does the rehashing become unacceptable to you? Or, is it okay that they continue this trend, and will likely continue it even into WoD?
Will we see original content for the end raid of WoD?
I feel that they definately have the resources to be able to come up with original ideas that a) stick to the lore and cannon of warcraft, and b) are new and feel fresh and fun.