How to create graphic art

So theres a few people in my area that do this. Create custom made logo's, fronts, and art. For tshirts & Cd covers and ect.

Here is an example.

Now I know I can probably write this off as good photoshop skills but maybe you guys can lead me in the right direction & know some programs you all use to create work such as this.

I'd say that looks great.

Photoshop is a good bet though, maybe paint shop pro - though since corel got their hands on it, it's been sucky.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    I'd say that looks great.

Photoshop is a good bet though, maybe paint shop pro - though since corel got their hands on it, it's been sucky.
    This guy charges $300-500 for a design. Id rather just learn how to do it myself than pay someone that for some photoshop layers. Thanks though Ill check out paintshop pro.

Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    This guy charges $300-500 for a design. Id rather just learn how to do it myself than pay someone that for some photoshop layers. Thanks though Ill check out paintshop pro.
    Youtube is full of tutorials other than that, just as with any skill you can read the entire library about it, when it comes down to it, all that matters is practice practice practice.
    you will take time to get good at it :P

Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    That guy spent years, perhaps even decades, practicing and training. It's not a skill you can reliably reproduce without that kind of time investment. The best you could hope to do is copy someone else's work and make a few tweaks so that it feels individualized.

You have every right to refuse to pay him to do a job for you, but don't fool yourself into thinking it's "some photoshop layers" or that you have any practical chance of competing with him for quality and originality.

P.S. Be careful about copying someone else's work if you plan to make money off it. That's an excellent way to get screwed over if you're caught.

I think GIMP is better than paint shop pro and its free. Photoshop is best though imo.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.