10+ Year Old Account
    Another dew spaming my youtube video with comments....already deleted like 14 of them.

Here is the 15th:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Another dew spaming my youtube video with comments....already deleted like 14 of them.

Here is the 15th:
    Censorship! Egads!

Seriously, though, I hope they don't expect that poor excuse for an argument to accomplish anything. Highly doubting something isn't exactly an argument, and everything else on there is a big question mark wrapped in other, smaller question marks.

Just like I said, falling back to that 'a really reals game site said we're legit' argument, when it should be 'a game site with about as much street cred as Milli Vanilli posted our copypasta we wrote claiming we're legit'.

But but...tentonhammer has such well written articles about this legit things they have seen! Oh wait...nevermind, its just a site made by suckers, to be read by suckers. Maybe in the past it was legit, but it sure as hell isn't anymore.

I find it funny that youtube poster tried to use the "journalists interview" crap. I'm as much a journalist as those tentonhammer hacks are.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    "ToA is a real game and is going to be great. Its not a scam and you cant prove that it is."

"But we can prove that it is a scam."

"[Sticks fingers in ears] NANANA CANT HEAR YOU. NOT A SCAM. LEGIT GAME."

Deleted
    I just found this "not-a-dev-post", on a WC3 site of all places:
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/g...ension-250353/
    WTF? Anyway, some nice gems in there. They even got Brax to post:
    Almost without exception, those that do take the time to learn all the ins and outs of the design, come to realize the potential our game has.
    None?

Damn, their 5 dedicated social media employees are fast to spot and report that kind of stuff! : 3

Hahah that was a fun read, and never forget how potent that social media team is! Though I get the feeling that 'team' has been trimmed back quite a bit since last year when that post happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Reliefpfeiler View Post
    I just found this "not-a-dev-post", on a WC3 site of all places:
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/g...ension-250353/
    WTF? Anyway, some nice gems in there. They even got Brax to post:

None?
    The lack of English skills of the o.p. make my eyes bleed. =(

That guy posted in here too, good shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Just a tip. MMO searchs don't really link very well.

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Meh, the team, a bunch of fan boys that were promissed shit in-game if they advertise it.
    When people start suspecting about it Brax pops out of nowhere saying whatever the shit they are doing is not any how connected to the team and bla bla bla, yet allows them to keep it up.
    Years of volunteer work and fanatic zealotry for worthless pixels in a worthless project. Hahahahahahahahahaha!

I'm surprised it's been so quiet on this thread lately. They did a whole post about resource gathering and in their most recent newsletter announced that the Kickstarter will start on the 19th!

But about dem resources. Prepare to have a game where even if you can play, you can't actually craft shit. Because they're doing possibly the dumbest thing I've heard with resources.

"That being said, some plants will regrow faster than others. Trees will take a relatively long amount of game time to grow to a useful size compared to say, a dandelion. You will want to be responsible in your gathering, for once all of a resource has been gathered from a spawning node, the node will die and the resource will be gone from the area. There are not currently any plans to allow players to regenerate a lost or dwindling resource, so take care!"

So let's say you have that one dick who is greedy as hell. He goes and picks all of a certain flower, one that's needed for a potion or something. Yeah, now you can't make that potion anymore. Ever. Sounds like a great plan to me!

Deleted
    Ah, so the perma-death in that game refers to the resources? Who'd have thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaman199 View Post
    "That being said, some plants will regrow faster than others. Trees will take a relatively long amount of game time to grow to a useful size compared to say, a dandelion. You will want to be responsible in your gathering, for once all of a resource has been gathered from a spawning node, the node will die and the resource will be gone from the area. There are not currently any plans to allow players to regenerate a lost or dwindling resource, so take care!"

So let's say you have that one dick who is greedy as hell. He goes and picks all of a certain flower, one that's needed for a potion or something. Yeah, now you can't make that potion anymore. Ever. Sounds like a great plan to me!
    Just another example of how they throw out all these great-sounding 'on paper' ideas that are completely impractical from a gameplay standpoint and insure that even if somehow they magically got an MMO handed to them fully built and ready to go it would STILL be unplayable because their ideas and concepts would ruin it in function.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised it's been so quiet on this thread lately. They did a whole post about resource gathering and in their most recent newsletter announced that the Kickstarter will start on the 19th!

But about dem resources. Prepare to have a game where even if you can play, you can't actually craft shit. Because they're doing possibly the dumbest thing I've heard with resources.

Sounds like Wakfu. You can exterminate any plant, animal or tree in the area and it wont come back.
    However its posible to get it back, but its not easy. (there is some kind of token machine for that)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted

If the game and this concept truly came to pass (they won't), there's bound to be players that just create accounts to run through all areas to devoid them of any resource forever. Yea, that sounds like it cannot backfire in any possible way.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaith View Post
    If the game and this concept truly came to pass (they won't), there's bound to be players that just create accounts to run through all areas to devoid them of any resource forever. Yea, that sounds like it cannot backfire in any possible way.
    It makes me wonder. If they really, actually think this could ever be a game, do they even realize the level of griefing made possible by their proposed systems? Do they even care? Or do they like the idea that other players can force that kind of interaction?

As Yunru said, it's the same sort of system that Wakfu uses. However, from everything I've heard about that game, it's relatively easy to replant/regrow things because you tend to build up a store of the seeds to grow said things. And in one of their earlier videos for ToA didn't they say that trees had 3-4 stages to grow through? So that means that they'll take quit some time to come back. In Wakfu they take around half an hour or less if you're paying attention. So it's the same system but it seems that one will be much quicker than the other and much easier to recover from so called 'eco-terrorism'.

Hahah good lord they really think they are ready to do a Kickstarter in a week? They are fucking doomed.

- - - Updated - - -

I also find this line quite funny from the Kickstarter is coming thread over there: "We've completed all tasks on the roadmap with the exception of one - missile combat. I made the decision early on to commit those resources to other features such as lag compensation and the scalable server regioning system so that the foundations we were building would be as solid as possible early as possible, and to allow a seamless continuation of progress when our Kickstarter succeeds."

I love the lag compensation and 'scalable server regioning system'. What the fuck is a scalable server regioning system? Like their game is going to have stuff that sounds that fancy. And lag compensation? So have less players on?

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhh and some of their fanboy's in that thread "*transfers all available funds to my card* guess ill get broke again....
    .... Worth it."

Really? Give them tons of money on Kickstarter so this 'game' can be made? Lol. Yeah I totally am going to throw all my money at them and be broke! derp!

- - - Updated - - -

Another post "I just jumped up, whooped, ran up and down and around my house, called everyone I knew who plays videogames, and spun in circles in my chair and I'M STILL EXCITED! So it begins!"

Are these people on drugs? I mean I've NEVER EVER been that excited for ANY game that has EVER been released or is going to be released. Even when I knew WoW was going to destroy EQ I was calm about it. Even when I fondly remember EQ at no point would I do something like that guy. How 'odd' these people are.

- - - Updated - - -

heh heh "It's going to be killer, those other mmo's better look out ToA is coming back with a vengeance."

These guys have such great quotable lines.