Deleted
    He's already testing bro!

So last weekend we announced a scaled back version of Greed Monger called Project Reality. The beginning of the week we made our first public release of Project Reality and through out the week I’ve released a couple updates. Development is coming along nicely and people are getting in and playing what we currently have available which isn’t much but it’s still early days.
    People are already playing the game, and it looks amazing. Just a pity he downgraded to ''A Host Your Own Multi-Player Fantasy Sandbox Game''

And predecessor to the MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Oh dear lord, dat frame rate >.<

I mean, I understand this is supposed to be "alpha" and shit, but let's face it, there is nothing in the bloody screen besides awful looking terrain, why does it looks like his playing it on power point? ._.

Edited: Also, how long as been ToA under development since they started over? Shouldn’t they have something besides textures and icons to show by now?
    From my experience, you can add about 10FPS just from recording. But his framerate looked to about about 15 or so, which still would only put the game at 25. That is with no AI and nothing running except the character.

And I don´t know.. I never thought i could see a worse beach than the noodle beach ToA had.. but Proctor almost did worse.

Overall, I just question his intelligence. Why in the world would you show this stuff? It is beyond horrible to look at and nothing he is describing sounds even remotely fun, they are all basic features found in a million better looking games already on steam. You are not going to build a community.. you are just going to get laughed at and at the end of the day have a ton of horrible videos. The funny thing is the whole right side of my youtube was filled with the other failed James Proctor games, that all looked equally horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Overall, I just question his intelligence. Why in the world would you show this stuff? It is beyond horrible to look at and nothing he is describing sounds even remotely fun, they are all basic features found in a million better looking games already on steam. You are not going to build a community.. you are just going to get laughed at and at the end of the day have a ton of horrible videos. The funny thing is the whole right side of my youtube was filled with the other failed James Proctor games, that all looked equally horrible.
    They(ToA and GM)think that establishing an ongoing log of their development is how they'll build brand loyalty and community in the face the way they squandered money and goodwill with their past blunders. And maybe it works on some people. But to me it's just enshrining a train wreck.

When someone tries this hard to convince you of something…
    I'm put in mind of juggling. What he's doing is tossing a single object back and forth between his hands, not even up into the air to catch it, and calling himself a juggler. Not to say you can't build upon that, but it won't happen as quickly or as easily as he seems to think it will. He'll soon learn that as complexity increases, the chance of something going wrong increases right alongside it.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I'm put in mind of juggling. What he's doing is tossing a single object back and forth between his hands, not even up into the air to catch it, and calling himself a juggler. Not to say you can't build upon that, but it won't happen as quickly or as easily as he seems to think it will. He'll soon learn that as complexity increases, the chance of something going wrong increases right alongside it.
    Or in the case of GM and most of the life of ToA, holding said object in their hand and not even starting to toss that one item back and forth.

Deleted
    http://trialsofascension.com/news/ar...s#.VtxsL-bLrmE

It'll be fun to see when there's gonna be more 'devs' online than actual testers. I can't wait for some footage

Severe years indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

... and yet he attempts to do a Pokemon MMO without their permission, gg =P
    But once Nintendo sees all the peoples out there just dying for one, they'll realize the genius of these people who saw what a multibillion dollar game company that can afford market researchers out the wazoo are just too blind to see!

It's true, people start up businesses to fill niches others don't see and in many cases become quite successful. But I think in this industry, in this niche, there have been explorations made by most existing IP's that people actually give a damn about to see if they're MMO-viable or not. Generally speaking, multiplayer handles the demand well enough that trying to push it into some persistent game server doesn't justify the extra cost and upkeep against what revenue it might add.

Oh also, someone just shared this gem with me: http://minger-josh.blogspot.pt/
    I'm not sure what to make of that blog; is it the actual person showcasing his own severe negative traits or is it (more likely) done by someone else with an axe to grind?

Yeah, it's someone throwing up a big red flag to anyone who might consider working with the guy in question. Speaking of, came across this:
    Quote Originally Posted by James Proctor
    So It's come to our attention that Jason is now involved with the EVE: Online community... I want to make something perfectly clear. What Jason does and what he is involved in has nothing to do with Greed Monger. He removed him self from GM's Development back last year and nothing has changed with that. He does not represent Greed Monger and has nothing to do with MMO Interactive.
    Which makes me wonder what sort of bumblefuck Appleton's gone and stumbled into? I swear, these two should give up game development and get a reality TV show.

Damn, you went all out with that there.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    Has tomorrow arrived today yet?

heh, sorry about that. The website isn't mine and isn't me whos writting the 3th and apparently 4th part, it was supposed be out already, but I guess some shit happened. I'll throw it here as soon as they take care of it.

Part 3: http://rrvs.blogspot.pt/2016/03/the-...k-part_12.html
    Very nice. I was waiting until this was posted to comment. Excellent job summarizing all of GM's bullshit, calling out all the flaws and errors as well as their past mistakes. I wonder if James will be around soon to call it all unfounded and spout off about all his custom code and how happy he is with the state of development? Cos I particularly like this quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zola
    What's for sure is, there is no game. There never will be.
    Only lies to kindle the fire of your heart, to take your money away from you, and freeze the assets.
    All promises given by the author are false promises. Lies which in his mind become truths, truths that become bigger lies.
    QFMFT.

Deleted
    heh, sorry about that. The website isn't mine and isn't me whos writting the 3th and apparently 4th part, it was supposed be out already, but I guess some shit happened. I'll throw it here as soon as they take care of it.

Part 3: http://rrvs.blogspot.pt/2016/03/the-...k-part_12.html
    Awesome, I greatly enjoyed reading it. Good dose of humor mixed into it makes it read very easy.

I wonder if he's finally learned his lesson like the Stooges did, to shut up and produce instead of spending all his time chasing down detractors on the Internet? Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I wonder if he's finally learned his lesson like the Stooges did, to shut up and produce instead of spending all his time chasing down detractors on the Internet? Time will tell.
    I doubt that considering he was in this thread not long ago spouting off stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I haven't followed this thread in a long while. Almost at 400 pages folks! Here's another bump to help it along!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korlok View Post
    Wow, I haven't followed this thread in a long while. Almost at 400 pages folks! Here's another bump to help it along!
    It's worth it to come back every now and then

New dev blog:

http://trialsofascension.com/news/ar...2#.VucqKkLhCM8

I like how there's some sort of cracked clay cup being shown off. Seems impressive.

That’s the issue with Trials of Ascension at this point, this far they haven’t shown anything else besides superficial stuff… terrain, items and menus =/ But at least, it isn’t shit directly imported from the Unity Asset Store, got to give them that much.
    It still amuses me at how little response/hype/anything goes on at their forums now. That community is dead as hell and all ToA does is very small progress reports with a picture here and there. Yeah at least it is not Unity but for people that were given $64,000 to put out this kinda shit is laughable to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course on that dev blog there are still posts like these "wow its hard to believe that is is pre alpha. i have seen worse in ready to play games. I want to tell the whole team congrats on doing a well done job and keep up the good work. I cant wait to see the finished game and cant wait to see more of your work.

with that i do have a question do you plan on getting some youtubers and stuff or releasing videos for people to see your progress?"

and "From the outside, looking in, it seems more like progress than lack thereof." and that is from suckers that gave these people money.