The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Don't worry, Edge who I used to be cool with slapped me with the white knight infraction. It's been years since I've had one and to get one for a joke that's not even about someone on this forum is fucking ridiculous. Go fuck yourself bro.
    lol he infracts that but lets people openly troll threads.... ahh classy mmo champ mods....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    What the actual fuck....

Why, just why, would a tiny indie developer would not just consider a MMORPG, but a subscription based MMORPG in the first place?

Pretty much everyone with a subscription model in the market (besides World of Warcraft & Final Fantasy 14) either shut down or were forced to change the business model, even Star Wars that's like one of the biggest franchises on the planet, what is exactly the thought process behind the "Oh that multi-million dollar company with decades if experience couldn't do it, but me and my buddy here with our 10,000$ Kickstarter will certainly manage it!", my god, this one will certainly end brilliantly as well.
    But...they're not? They're making it B2P, not subscription based.

Yeah, now... they are changing it cuz "feedback", thus why I said "in the first place".
    But this is a new team that "bought" the IP, no? So this would be them starting to make changes?

Best thing about this game is this legendary thread
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Man, I was just randomly browsing kickstarter and saw ToA. I could for the life of me swear I had heard that name before, turns out it's this shit game. Lmao.

Hey, at least they'll give you earlier (burned) backers some special cosmetics they've said.

Good. It deserves to never get a dime let alone some stupid people tossing up to 3700 bucks. I'm sure some of that money is by the people behind the project to try and get it closer so they can scoop up a bit of money. Too bad it doesn't work.

Welp, little update on it ~ 7 days to go and it's at $3,693 pledged of $9,381 goal.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...of-ascension-0

... what a surprise.
    Not to mention, that over 60% of their current pledging, is from 3 people.

hey, is this still the place to post about crowdfunding MMO scams? If so, have y'all heard about Chronicles of Elyria?

It brings me an almost perverse pleasure every time I see this thread is bumped, I know Ill be treated to quality entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    It brings me an almost perverse pleasure every time I see this thread is bumped, I know Ill be treated to quality entertainment.
    haha yeah, same here.

anyway in this case, with the Chronicles of Elyria, it was particularly egregious because they made off with EIGHT MILLION dollars, and were still trying to raise money by selling ingame items and land just fourteen days before canceling the whole thing and blaming it on COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by lettersandpunctuation View Post
    haha yeah, same here.

anyway in this case, with the Chronicles of Elyria, it was particularly egregious because they made off with EIGHT MILLION dollars, and were still trying to raise money by selling ingame items and land just fourteen days before canceling the whole thing and blaming it on COVID.
    Yup and most of that money would likely never be seen again, they got a huge chunk of cash and I'm sure a select few are set for many years with their lifestyle now. Really awful.

If they put as much time and effort into making an actual game instead of scamming people,. they could have had a proper working product by now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully when it fails again someone can buy the ip so it will fucking die already