Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Resident Evil 4 Remake HAPPENING!!

videogameschronicle.com/news/resident-evil-4-remake/

Following its reimaginings of Resident Evil 2 and 3, multiple development sources have told VGC that the Resident Evil 4 remake has now entered full production with an estimated release window in 2022.

YES OMG. The best Resident Evil game ever dude yall.

Leon S Kennedy is a badass American legend.

I'm kinda impressed. I never thought about this game needing a re/make because it still looks good. The idea of making it 'look' better is uh... intriguing.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Maybe I'll try it again. When it came out, I got it and really didn't enjoy it at all, even though I really wanted to. It felt... clunky? Maybe I'll appreciate it more now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    what does this have to do with wow?
    This is the video game discussion forum.

i don't go on the mmochamp forums often. i saw the wow logo and thought this was a wow forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    I'm kinda impressed. I never thought about this game needing a re/make because it still looks good. The idea of making it 'look' better is uh... intriguing.
    A graphical update would be fine. Bump up those resomolutions. It's the gameplay that I think probably doesn't need to be touched. The earlier remakes all sort've seem like they were being turned into RE4-type games anyway.

Maybe they could add yet more stuff to do, but I already remembering that game being massive. And it was all fun too. Best RE.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never played 4 and was told by RE fans to stay away from it. From what I read it really was the beginning of the end for good RE games. I would hope they would remake 0,1,Code Veronica first.

This is stupid as hell. What kind of dumbass story changes and character redesign and characterization changes will they be changing this time around?

RE2 remake and RE3 remake aren't canon. They're some dumbass AU timeline because they do not fit with the rest of the franchise. We can roll RE7 into that with its ugly ass Chris Redfield that works for "good guy" Umbrella.

Not sure why though id rather see a Dino crisis remaster first before any other RE game :/

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a great action/horror game, with emphasis on the action. Lots of people who like this game like it because it's the first real mainstream Resident Evil. There's hardly any puzzles, backtracking and with that, the emphasis on inventory management or hoarding items for when you need them are notably absent. That doesn't make it a bad game, but it's a massive departure from the original games. It's the first Resident Evil game that introduced (and popularized) the amazing industry standard known as QTEs (or quick time events) and with the removal of all the things I mentioned before being replaced by a collect-o-thon game where you sell things to a 'mysterious' merchant to buy weapons and obtain upgrades on those items. While cool, it doesn't replace the oomph of finding those items or backtracking to get some of those items in the original game when you just shoot some crows or pendants off of trees and sell them to a merchant. That feels cheap to me, at least.

This game is a tipping point in my opinion. It absolutely set an industry standard on how to make good ACTION games, and this can be seen by every major action game adopting RE4 to this very day for how action games actually play (look at Gears of War, and many other games). That's the issue though if you missed it. It's an action game at heart with a sprinkling of horror. It appeals to a broad spectrum of people who don't necessarily like horror game by keeping the horror to a minimum, but at the same time starts alienating fans of the series because it moved away from it's roots. Capcom LITERALLY made RE7 and then proceeded to Remake 2 & 3 because they wanted to return to the true roots of the series, so it would be illogical in my eyes for them to simply move back towards a direction that made later entries fall flat to traditional fans of the series.

RE4 Remake can be a fantastic game. I'll maintain that Code Veronica should've been picked first, but alas, we aren't getting that. RE4 Remake needs a heavy emphasis on the word REMAKE, otherwise I'd be pretty upset with the title. QTEs suck, the merchant sucks, zero puzzles suck, zero backtracking sucks, ammunition not mattering sucks, and some of the areas in the game are just massive action set pieces meant to fuel a high octane shooter style of game, completely devoid of any horror. A great example of this is a boss fight that's purely done with QTEs as you fight with a fucking knife.

RE4 (to me) needs to emphasize areas of the game that are faithful to the original games (the village section is a good example of this) and focus on those parts of the game while incorporating aspects of the original game into these areas. Imagine a village and castle section that behaved more like the RPD in RE2, streets in RE3, or the mansion in RE1?

Despite it being such a good game, I might actually pass on a Remake of this one if it's literally just a carbon copy of the original with spruced up graphics. As Leon says in RE4 "No thanks, BRO!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Code Veronica gets a remake
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

7+ Year Old Account
    This is the best release ever made and today evening tested it on my VR nad it was one of the best experiences I've ever gotten... Really-really-really-reallly f**cking amazing! N

Ah, the remake I needed in the series. I guess Code Veronica would be swell.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think RE4 needs a remake
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Agreed, it’s too soon if you ask me, Code Veronica and maybe 0 and 1 needs it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I never played 4 and was told by RE fans to stay away from it. From what I read it really was the beginning of the end for good RE games. I would hope they would remake 0,1,Code Veronica first.
    and they are right
    RE4 is an amazing action game, RE is horror series
    RE remake, RE2, RE3, RE zero, all have horror in them, Nemesis made me scared, RE2 the investigation room literally made me throw the controller and run to street from the shock (i was 12 back then), 4 has some disfigured enemies, but they are nowhere as horrifying as even Code Veronica
    RE 1 remake is best classic RE, RE4 is a sh8t horror game

RE2 remake tbh surprised me that u can use RE4 style and still make it horror game, it made me hate RE4 even more (already hate it most for the start of f8cking horror from RE, again it is great action game, but bad horror game)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Since the remake turn them gameplay to be above shoulder, what exactly can they do in RE4 for remake? Actually make it scary? will need a massive revamp, maybe use one of the older versions that used ghost and armored knights that never made it to live, then again that version was even more action heavy and was changed to DMC
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    This is true, it's in RE4 that the story telling really went of the rails the games are now known for. As well as the game moving away from horror to pure action.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The graphics are fine IMO, it still holds up well, it could use a REMASTER though to fix the damn controls.

Won't be a purchase from me though, RE4 doesn't have zombies.

I never really got the hype of this game. I didn't really think it was all that. RE2 and RE3 were my favorites, but when I played RE7 that all changed. That game to me was a masterpiece. I'm looking forward to the RE8 reveal if it's like what the leaks suggest.

These games as action games just don't make a ton of sense IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I never really got the hype of this game. I didn't really think it was all that. RE2 and RE3 were my favorites, but when I played RE7 that all changed. That game to me was a masterpiece. I'm looking forward to the RE8 reveal if it's like what the leaks suggest.

These games as action games just don't make a ton of sense IMO.
    It gets hyped for the same reason as FF7, it was a huge leap forward for the series and introduced a lot of new players to the franchise. However, unlike FF7 I'd argue that RE4 is as close to perfect as the franchise ever got, later games may have done certain elements better but they never managed to recapture that same magic that RE4 had.