Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Pfft look at you! Already hungering for their amazing code! Admit it! It was your master plan all along!
    I didn't become your alt account for this shit mate! >:3
    I will never be able to convince their fans this. But the truth is that for anyone but Teddy, most of what is on that server is useless. It would take longer to backtrack and figure crap out then to just start over. There wasn´t enough done to bother trying to salvage it. And like that survivor island tutorial showed, nothing they did was difficult. Dealing with the MMO-kit they used is going to be a huge headache for anyone, with or without what is on the server now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricYouth View Post
    FC just needs to quit now. This is just getting ridiculous. They have comically botched this up so badly that its almost like watching someone attempt drill through a mountain with a single, cooked piece of spaghetti. Perhaps that's where the noodle beach came from.

Either way, I'm just sick and tired of this now. I saw another forum member quit and someone else turn round and say "they won't be missed because when ToA is released they'll be back"....these people need a serious reality check. The devs are seemingly beyond measure...but at least if nobody believes in their game they won't still try to make it...right?
    They have figured out a method for safely scamming idiots out of money, don't expect them to stop coming to that well anytime soon. They WILL try to profit from this scam or a similar scam again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    I have issues with FC selling physical merchandise that it used fundraising monies intended for game development to purchase.
    I agree to some extent.

If they were only selling physical stuff from day 1 in the shop (T-shirts and crap like the map and coin) I honestly see no problem. Virtual goods were also being sold. We all knew that crap would never make it into the real game. That is what ticks me off. And perhaps the 'shut up and give me all your money' banner :P

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    I agree to some extent.

If they were only selling physical stuff from day 1 in the shop (T-shirts and crap like the map and coin) I honestly see no problem. Virtual goods were also being sold. We all knew that crap would never make it into the real game. That is what ticks me off. And perhaps the 'shut up and give me all your money' banner :P
    Don't misunderstand me; I completely disagree as well with their virtual goods selling-for-a-non-existent-game. However, selling virtual goods does have one positive aspect: it didn't cost FC money to offer (at least I'm assuming it didn't).

Physical goods though, did cost money, and I'm fairly confident in betting that it wasn't FC's own funds that were used (especially since Brax stated that part of the $67k went towards this). Maybe I'm an outlier in feeling this way, but if I'd donated $1000 to FC for their stated purpose of developing a game and they used that money to merchandise a game that doesn't even exist for profit...well, I'd be pissed.

Had FC used their own, non-donated, money to merchandise physical goods then my objections, much like ToA, would be non-existent.

Don't misunderstand me; I completely disagree as well with their virtual goods selling-for-a-non-existent-game. However, selling virtual goods does have one positive aspect: it didn't cost FC money to offer (at least I'm assuming it didn't).

Physical goods though, did cost money, and I'm fairly confident in betting that it wasn't FC's own funds that were used (especially since Brax stated that part of the $67k went towards this). Maybe I'm an outlier in feeling this way, but if I'd donated $1000 to FC for their stated purpose of developing a game and they used that money to merchandise a game that doesn't even exist for profit...well, I'd be pissed.

Had FC used their own, non-donated, money to merchandise physical goods then my objections, much like ToA, would be non-existent.
    Then that money should've been used for development.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Then that money should've been used for development.
    It was used for development. They probably spent many long hours in front of the TV in development meetings over take-out talking about all the awesome stuff they're totally gonna put in their game which will completely revolutionize the MMO industry. For reals. Hey, pass me another Buffalo Wing, there, willya?

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    It was used for development. They probably spent many long hours in front of the TV in development meetings over take-out talking about all the awesome stuff they're totally gonna put in their game which will completely revolutionize the MMO industry. For reals. Hey, pass me another Buffalo Wing, there, willya?
    So that justifies the beer, can hookers program?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    So that justifies the beer, can hookers program?
    Now see, if they'd offered beer and hookers as Kickstarter rewards maybe it would've gotten somewhere.

Another guy jumped in and admitted he donated $250.

Honest to god, as much as we joke about Nigerian princes... there are obviously people who fall for it.

This is like the first time you see in the inside of an insane asylum. Talon scares me, he really does. With 67k and a programmer, they built the tiniest portion of a game.. but now with no money and no programmers, he is being arrogant about it´s future?

Also, their biggest hope is that some magical developers will suddenly jump on board in exchange for a majority of the company. Why? If you were able to make a MMORPG and had the skills, why would you come to a project with such tarnished and scammy background. If I had a team that could build an MMO, and you gave me 100% of Forged Chaos, I wouldn´t take the company, the name of the game, the fans, or anything. Any no-name developer could put up a website and some design notes and instantly be better off than taking over FC. They would have to change the company name, game name, and then force Brax to sign an NDA to shut the fuck up and never talk again... just to get back to 0. What FC is, and what they have, is less than 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Honest to god, as much as we joke about Nigerian princes... there are obviously people who fall for it.
    It's one of humanity's more interesting traits, people want to believe the best in others, and they want to believe they are special, or just lucky. Someone really is just offering them a great deal, someone really does just need this little bit of help and you'll get back a hundredfold what you put in. It's much like how war brings out the best and worst in people, because we do the most horrible things for the noblest of reasons.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Yawwwn, 1 month went by and still nothing ~ this plan is starting to sound as good as Azrile evidence already xD

What evidence
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    What evidence
    That was the joke Baar. FC hasn't released any details about this "plan" of theirs, much like Azrile's evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was the joke Baar. FC hasn't released any details about this "plan" of theirs, much like Azrile's evidence.

I know... Thats why I have the :O instead of a question mark.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I know... Thats why I have the :O instead of a question mark.
    Oh. I just figured it meant you chewed with your mouth open or were propositioning Myobi and I was opting for politeness in not bringing either up.

But seriously, I misinterpreted your statement. My bad.

Oh. I just figured it meant you chewed with your mouth open or were propositioning Myobi and I was opting for politeness in not bringing either up.
    Can't it be both?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But seriously, I misinterpreted your statement. My bad.
    I took it the same way. It's a little redundant so one would assume it should be interpreted differently. Bad furry spider, bad!
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I took it the same way. It's a little redundant so one would assume it should be interpreted differently. Bad furry spider, bad!

Yeah, these kind of jokes don't work on a forum where you can't here the tone behind it

I like how they talk about playing other games as 'training' for ToA. They'll get playable dragons about the same time Neverwinter does.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, these kind of jokes don't work on a forum where you can't here the tone behind it
    It's ok, I step on toes all the time here because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I like how they talk about playing other games as 'training' for ToA. They'll get playable dragons about the same time Neverwinter does.
    I'm can't guess what that video is, but NWO already has a dragon humanoid race. So...Idk. They fail again? Lol.

Anyone else see that one of the sections of Pillars of Eternity is called Trials of Ascension? I wonder if their next revenue generating move is to try and sue Obsidian for using 'their name'. I'd love to see how that goes down in court....because then they'd likely get hammered for their scam.
    BAD WOLF