Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Is it possible he took money and invested it in all sorts of things and barely used any money to try and make this 'game'? It is quite likely based on how this all turned out.
    There was talk back in the day about it being used to pay bills/rent and buy computers/software licenses, IIRC. How much I can't recall. It's possible it got sunk into some other schemes.

Meantime the ToA team continues to turtle-plod along towards some kind of Steam Early Access. One of these days they may actually release something. I expect it'll get panned hard by the Steam community at large.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Meantime the ToA team continues to turtle-plod along towards some kind of Steam Early Access. One of these days they may actually release something. I expect it'll get panned hard by the Steam community at large.
    It is kind of sad that they still do these dev blogs where they show jack shit but they love to talk about the things they are doing. You just have to believe it is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    It is kind of sad that they still do these dev blogs where they show jack shit but they love to talk about the things they are doing. You just have to believe it is happening.
    They're doing things, it's just really slow. I think the latest one was all 'we won't have this for Early Access and we won't have that for Early Access'. I don't doubt they'll have something playable, it's just probably not going to be very good or stand-out from everyone else basically following the same concept of survival/sandbox/host-your-own game with PvP and whatnot.

If you're not already drinking their Kool-Aid, I doubt many people are gonna wander by and purchase any.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    What a fucking surprise...
    Ooh, ooh, can I buy some of that Internet stock? On margin???

"Take this small bundle of twigs. They may not be worth anything now, but one day I assure this will be high-value currency exchangeable anywhere in the world!"

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "Take this small bundle of twigs. They may not be worth anything now, but one day I assure this will be high-value currency exchangeable anywhere in the world!"
    Well, not quite -anywhere-: http://www.businessinsider.com/bitco...-china-ico-ban

Bad time to get into cryptocurrencies, it seems. Values of stocks all across the board fell pretty sharply after the news: https://coinmarketcap.com/

So...in one fell swoop, Appleton attempts to turn his GM investors into quasi-employees and advocates for his crypto project with the promise of future gains if all goes well, all while trying to paint himself as the victim even as he seeks to profit from their efforts.

And the award for Most Ironic Statement of the Month:
    Instead of buying into Kickstarter campaigns that may let you down
    I have to admit, the man clearly suffered untreated mumps when he was in his twenties.
    Last edited by Taojnhy; 2017-11-04 at 08:19 AM.

Hmm well this seems a bit awkward:

source: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2109326.msg24520608#msg24520608

Its been on there, called Zempa Coin. But for right now the Zempa project has been cancelled. We just didn't have the seed money to build enough hype around the project and those who felt it was a great project didn't actually support it.

I am instead working on MoonRunner.io and once that is off the ground (much easier project to develop than the ZUWP) it will help me generate interest in getting everything situated to revisit the Zempa Wallet project in the future and integrate it into Moonrunner.

Anyone who purchases the Zempa Coins on the WAVES DEX now will still be able to transfer them into Zempa later if we in fact get it off the ground but right now its just a token sitting on the WAVES DEX, unloved and untouched. hah

I've been caught in a situation with having two great ideas but no backing in place to support them. $500k and I'll set the world of crypto on fire. But, that wont happen so I have to do things the slow way. Smiley

I do have two developers working on Moonrunner now, so expect some big things soon. Join the newsletter for updates as they come at: moonrunner.io

I really can't imagine why people won't support his random project. People just don't recognize his genius or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

$500k and I'll set the world of crypto on fire.
    It's deja vu; "$30k and I'll set the world of MMOs on fire".

Same situation too: with Bitcoin making multi-millionaires overnight, along comes Appleton and seriously thinks a comparative pittance is going to change the landscape somehow.

It's now blaming Kickstarter;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2033492

Crypto Coin Distribution Redacted - KS Doesn't Allow It
    Sadly I can't read it because I wasn't foolish enough to back such a stupid endeavour (incoming "ehmagerd you have been stalking me forever! you are like bi-polar and from the UK!" )

For those that don't get that one, some gems of his;

Do you think because you're "anonymous" I dont know who you are? Could you the be self admitted bi-polar guy who has called, messaged and stalked me for the last 5 years perhaps? Could you be the nutcase in the UK who tried to sabotage the games progress from before the Kickstarter ever even finished due to sheer jealously? I mean, you're one of maybe 3 people who have such a hardon for me and obviously no life of your own whatsoever. You think you are creating problems for me? You're not.
    Shortly after? You call 3 solid years of dealing with crazy people like yourself from the MMORPG community "shortly after"? 3 of the longest, hardest and most stressful years of my life were spent dealing with the craziest, mode rude, web stalking, harassing community I've ever seen. Yes, I had had enough. And you haven't stopped yet.
    Think about it, after almost 6 years, you're still stalking everything I do, bad mouthing me everywhere I go. What did you pledge to the game project? Anything at all? $20? Only someone with a true mental disability would carry on this long with nothing but baseless garbage to fuel their motives.

As for the Zempa Wallet, its not dead. It's put up for a little while. I have recently partnered with a senior application developer to create MoonRunner which we are expecting to have a functional prototype by the first of the year. Once MoonRunner is complete, revenue from that will go into the Zempa Universal Wallet which we plan to integrate into MoonRunner.

Now, in the most respectful way possible, I humbly suggest you get back on your meds.
    Remember, he doesn't harass! No.. everyone else does, he is pure innocence.

Source:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?to...08#msg24520608

I forgot a gem;

One project failed, not many. It was almost 6 years ago. Take down your Appleton shrine, its time to move on with your life.
    Because he forgot to mention Appleton, He has to at least once every day or he dies.. or so he thinks
    Last edited by 8bithamster; 2017-12-19 at 02:18 PM.

Wow, what a narcissist. So full of himself and his endeavors and practically salivating at the chance to put himself on a pedestal over all the 'no life harassing mental disability' people.

Yeah, cos the thousands of dollars flushed over failed KS projects aren't deserving of any attention whatsoever and should never be brought up as relevant to any further project which calls upon investment from other people.

Such harassment, I bet all the big wheels in the business world think the exact same way, no one should ever know about their financial blunders so they can get money unimpeded by such petty concerns as, y'know, creating a return on the investment...

Two more unfinished projects to add to the Proctor list:

1) Yuletide Clicker (Nov 2017)

2) Game Dev Clicker (Nov 2017)

I initially considered not necroing this thread with this info, until I saw where Proctor was attempting to monetize his unfinished work.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently they tried to do another kickstarter for this game? I was on the MMORPG site a while back looking at the mmo list and saw a news header for ToA that read something like "Trials of Ascendancy kickstarter cancelled after dismal first (week/month, I forget)." It was like a $600k KS iirc. I didn't read the whole article but immediately thought about this thread from ye olden times.

Well, I gotta give 'em points for trying, but it's just...never going to get anywhere. Steam will brutalize them, and if their project survives past that reality pimp-slap I'll be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Couldn't find anything about it in kick traq, however it's not from them.

They are still going for the "let the volunteers do all the work so we can throw it into steam direct and hopefully make some profit for ourselves” kind of route, I have no clue why anyone would partner up with someone like Brax on a indie game project though, the guy can’t bring anything meaningful to the table, actually, what he does bring is a bunch of family and friends to take a slice of the sweet ass pie, like his daughter for example, the “community manager”, a community with… 10 fucking members, if even that, it’s ridiculous, but hey! It’s their choice, they should have done this since the very start instead of lying while begging for money in kickstarter.
    I still love how their forums changed almost overnight once people got wind of their BS. I wonder how many manhours they used creating fake accounts to generate hype for that game.

It is ultimately a fact that anything popular and/or successful will be imitated. As soon as Kickstarter was shown to be viable for funding a game, BOOM. Untold herds of people tried to do the same thing. MMO's were shown to be profitable, BOOM. Untold herds of people try to make one. Steam Greenlight/Early Access gives people a platform for making games, BOOM. Untold herds, etc. etc.

This is all Proctor will ever be. Someone mindlessly following behind the herds of people all chasing the Next Big Thing, throwing his line in with everyone else in the fished-to-death pond. Everything he's tried to make has been a kitbashed version of something someone else already proved works and someone else made a DIY kit untalented folk can use to semi-kludge something together with. Y'know, the things you can ACTUALLY make money off of, that being actual talent/innovation and selling gullible fools a get-rich-quick scam.

I was just browsing Steam and I had to do a double take... This absolute shit show has been released as of today!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...cension_Exile/

Anyone going to get it? Hahaha.

Edited - read the reviews. Omg, definitely left by the "devs". Have a read and a laugh.
    Last edited by CarlingBlackLabel; 2018-07-26 at 06:59 PM.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!