Thread: video recording

video recording

I'm new to the video recording aspect, I have yet to find an easy program that doesnt have a time limit that is free. I have tried after burner but have the update I cant seem to find any videos on how to use it. Anyone got any thoughts on what I should try that is user friendly.

Thanks!
    It's like picking between two block's nacking your wife.- G nev

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    http://www.ezvid.com/ is good

I've also heard good things about the AVerMedia Live Gamer, not free however 65-75 GBP, and it might not be entirely have you want.

You could try this:

http://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html

There's a 30 days limitation and big logo from the free version, but no time limit per say, so you could record as long there's space on your harddrive. I would expect you to like the program so much that you would, like me, pay for it. (or find a pirated version, but that's another topic entirely *cough cough*)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have an Nvidia video card, the ShadowPlay thing that comes with the Nvidia GEForce program is awesome. Editing is another issue; I've yet to find a free editing program that works well.

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    You could try this:

http://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html

There's a 30 days limitation and big logo from the free version, but no time limit per say, so you could record as long there's space on your harddrive. I would expect you to like the program so much that you would, like me, pay for it. (or find a pirated version, but that's another topic entirely *cough cough*)
    I 2nd Mirillis Action. I bought it and I love the videos that I make. They are so high quality and crisp looking. I highly recommend it.

Deleted
    OBS is free, however, my advice is this, try out all the recording programs, and then buy the one you want, they arent expensive and the license you get is for life for all the updates, well this is true for both FRAPS and Bandicam, only shadowplay is technically free like someone said if you own a nvidia 650 and beyond, MSI afterburner doesnt record for 64 bit clients, wow 64 bit client wont work, as the back end of afterburner only supports 32 bit applications (riva).

But, to get started, make sure you have 2 HDDs, one where the game is, and the other drive is where the recorded footage needs to be, this is important to sustain smooth gameplay, but you dont really need high end cpu or gpu to do this anymore, its mainly the recording to the drive if the game and footage is being recorded to the same drive.

Next step will be editing or rendering programs, handbrake is prob the best free rendering program, but its not for editting, windows movie maker is quite basic but does the job, lets you edit and render, im unsure if it had a uncompressed rendering so keeps the quality, from there you can take it into handbrake to make the file smaller.

However, the programs you usually have to pay for, and they all have trials, so once you found what you like, just buy them, software to recommend.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Movie-S...io+platinum+12

I use this, its not expensive, and does HD editting and rendering just fine with good quality.

DO NOT GET VEGAS OR GO FOR IT, its expensive, has nothing you need, and no one should be saying get vegas either.
    You also get a Sound editing program which is decent actually.

But really, the decent stuff isnt free but the good news is, they arent expensive, reasonably priced.

Thank you all! I went with mirills and so far seem to really like it. It is on trail so I have the logo on but I think this is the one I will end up with. That being said I saw a number of you talk about editing. Any thoughts I will be checking out the sony movie as I have read good things about that.

Once again thank you everyone.
    It's like picking between two block's nacking your wife.- G nev