Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynix View Post
    Ok, so I played wow for many years until about a yeah and a half ago when I all but stopped logging in. I was thinking about coming back to wow since ESO was a total bust but my big question is anything really going to change. I didn't really do any raiding due to LFR and more recently flex being too easy to even bother and the fact that I am just too committed work (shift work) and my new born son to specify a anytime that I will be available 100% of the time.

The solution to that is to join a not so hardcore guild but the you're faced with the issue of others that might have the same problems most likely ending in every raid being a bust due to lack of players even with just a 10 player team.

My question is really more around the solo and short timed group stuff that can occur in game and whether it's enough content to justify my sub or if I should just put that money away and put it towards something I know I will enjoy when it comes out.

TL;DR: should I sub to wow again or is it just going to be the same old crap as before?
    I myself came back to wow last december and then quit last april. A few reasons why the game isn't worth playing right now IMO:

1) PVP is just crap. Complete crap. It's nothing new that it's imbalanced, but its WAAY imbalanced because blizzard is happy with current PVE balance and isn't going to change. In addition, most of the players that participate in it are just elitist douchebags. For starters, I had some priest come up to me and try to duel me when I was re-entering the game for the first time and had no action bars. I declined and explained why, so then he starts calling me bad and then insists that I need to buy arena wins from him, in spite of the fact that I already had a much better PVP history than he did (ratings, titles, and all; my best being duelist, his best being challenger.) This was a sign of things to come, as most players behaved in a similar manner as I continued on. The game isn't at all like I remembered (for one, if you were anything less than gladiator material, nobody would even think of buying arena games from you...yet here we have even a challenger being an elitist douchebag.)

2) Most people still just spend their time endlessly running/flying around in circles in their preferred capital city, because there really is nothing to do most of the time.

3) Current tier is going on...a year now? Probably not going to be anything new for a long time from now either. In LFR I tested it once; I can literally just randomly click lifebloom every three seconds and it actually appears as though I'm doing something, and I never get kicked. The content dies so fast you don't actually have to do anything. Of course, I'm coming from a time long before LFR, and every time I saw LFR, it set a new lower standard of "I've never seen so much fail in a raid actually succeed."
    Last edited by ArmoredDragoon; 2014-06-18 at 07:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Worth resubbing for the end of an expansion? Sure! There's obv a lot to catch up on, the raid content is worth a go(from what ive heard) and pvp is always good if you're into it. It will be probably another 6 months until WoD so you've got time to explore the rest of pandaland.

On the other hand, all your progression will not matter one bit in 6 months time, and given the overhaul a lot of classes are getting it may feel like an awful lot of what you knew before does no longer apply, so re learning phase starts up again.

But yes resub the game is still a lot of fun imo (and thats what it should be fun).

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    He's talking about subbing now, in MoP, WoD isn't for ages.
    To which I, and others responded that we'd recommend subbing at 6.0 patch or at WoD release. And then I explained why I thought it was worth subbing for WoD.

He said he thought Flex was too easy, which leads me to believe he is already familiar with the Siege of Orgrimmar patch and MoP in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If the mogs don't appeal to you, or the achievements, or the sense of accomplishment then I guess no. But the sets were epic (well, subjective, I'm not a huge fan of the Priest one).

There is no gear reward, because that would make them mandatory.
    I disagree with gear making something mandatory. I'd like to see wow change it's loot system to something like diablo but with less variance obviously. Not only would this add huge replay value to dungeons and raids but if done right it could create a bridge between item level cracks in content.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make Lemonade! You make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons!" - Cave Johnson

Deleted
    as always the most simple solution is the best solution.
    buy a months sub, see if you like where the game is at the moment, make your decision and either cancel or continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    as always the most simple solution is the best solution.
    buy a months sub, see if you like where the game is at the moment, make your decision and either cancel or continue.
    doesn't that defeat the purpose of the question though. I'm looking to save my money if it's going to be a waste.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make Lemonade! You make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons!" - Cave Johnson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynix View Post
    doesn't that defeat the purpose of the question though. I'm looking to save my money if it's going to be a waste.
    Well its a question no one can answer for you, we can't tell you if you'll enjoy it or not

Its not a huge ammount of money just to have a look and its the only real way to know for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    Well its a question no one can answer for you, we can't tell you if you'll enjoy it or not

Its not a huge ammount of money just to have a look and its the only real way to know for sure
    Sure it is, I asked if it's still the same. If it is then no I'm not going to come back.