Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do some people just not forgive?

Was on facebook and noticed on the right side that Tyson had kicked Dana White out of his own seat, it was obvious that the entire video was supposed to be a joke. Now here's where it gets fucked up, people keep mentioning his past (rape and ear) like he'd done it just yesterday and frankly that really bothered me that people think that someone is never irredeemable after being convicted of an act. With that said rape tends to be habitual and Mike was famous so I'm sure it wasn't too hard for someone to pull the rape card off, I mean who the fuck would actually not want to have sex with Tyson with all of his perks right?

Anyways I digress, why can people just put the past behind them? He served a sentence yet people are saying "lock him up for good", do they even realize the weight behind what they're saying or are they just mindless drones saying what someone else said? People make mistakes, they have a consequence and in some cases, rehabilitated. So easy to call someone else out in regards to their past but the instant you yourself are you defend yourself.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    It's media. He's a famous person. People will remember everything forever when it comes to famous people. It has absolutely nothing to do with 'forgiveness'. Famous people they've never met are a non-entity. It's like a fiction book. You can just turn to the first page and 'that thing' is right there.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite thing about celebrities is how people are fascinated by them. We don't know these people, hearing stories about someone, doesn't mean you "know" them.

People are way too concerned with other peoples lives.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    My favorite thing about celebrities is how people are fascinated by them. We don't know these people, hearing stories about someone, doesn't mean you "know" them.

and that´s a good thing, so i can do my little evil things without them noticing

also, i do not forget, though i do forgive
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Kvatch View Post
    Now here's where it gets fucked up, people keep mentioning his past (rape and ear) like he'd done it just yesterday and frankly that really bothered me that people think that someone is never irredeemable after being convicted of an act.
    Those are some pretty irredeemable things there. Rape and mutilating someone is a pretty good sign that the person is not mentally sound. So it's not a matter of forgiving someone, it's being healthily skeptical of a psycho.

I sure as hell wouldn't forget about it or forgive him if he'd done it to any of my friends or family members.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-06-18 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    1. People change.
    2. He's not a "psycho."
    1. People grow, they don't change. They stay relatively the same just that they learned not to do things that they thought they could do before. Did he learn his lesson about raping and mutilating? Maybe, but I'm not going to take that chance.

2. He bit someone's ear off! What sane person does that? How the hell does a normal person get it in their head to bit someone's ear off during a televised boxing match? I can understand it if you were fighting to save your life, but for sports?

Mike was famous so I'm sure it wasn't too hard for someone to pull the rape card off, I mean who the fuck would actually not want to have sex with Tyson with all of his perks right?

Wtf am I reading here?

People make mistakes, they have a consequence and in some cases, rehabilitated. So easy to call someone else out in regards to their past but the instant you yourself are you defend yourself.

I don't believe in "mistakes". I believe in character traits. People with certain character traits are prone to doing certain things. There are millions of men who would never rape anyone. Then there are those who would, under certain circumstances. I don't think this trait goes away by being in prison for a while. Someone who raped, or tortured, or murdered once, has shown that they have the capability and lack of conscious to do it, so in my mind they will forever remain dangerous, bad people.

Was on facebook
    Right - so you were on the internet. Not exactly the bastion of truth & integrity.

Deleted
    You probably don't know that difference between forgiving and forgetting.

Oddly enough prison sentences tend not to improve my view of a person. I don't care as per you example, whether he was put in prison or not. I have discarded people from my life for much much less than rape. There are plenty of wonderful people out there, it is not my personal mission or obligation to run around trying to appreciate all the shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. What the fuck do you think "change" is? Do you speak English?

2. While it's a really weird decision, you can't just slap mental illnesses on a person off of a single event.
    1. In dealing with people, I don't use the word change to describe people's growth. It implies a large difference instead of a gradual one. The core mentality is still the same is probably what I should be going with.

2. True, but that single event could be the sign of mental illness. At the very least it is a reason to be hesitant of someone like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

I generally don't even care about celebrities. I might follow them (on FB or twitter, not in real life!) if they do interesting things or say interesting things like Neil deGrasse Tyson, but I don't really care for their personal lives (so long as they aren't raping babies or whatever.)

The number of People magazines I've found on airplanes though, damn, people care WAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much about the lives of other people.
    Putin khuliyo

Nobody deserves forgiveness.

1. What the fuck do you think "change" is? Do you speak English?

2. While it's a really weird decision, you can't just slap mental illnesses on a person off of a single event.
    I'd like to submit the last 20 years of his life as further evidence of SOME kind of mental illness...not to mention that tattoo...

But to the OP, no...when you are a celebrity, there is no such thing as forgive and forget... Mel Gibson will forever be known as a Jew hater, Michael Jackson will forever be known as a pedophile (or an unlucky moron, depending on whether or not you believe him) Pee-Wee Herman will always be a pervert..Chris Brown will always be a woman abuser etc and so on...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    It's media. He's a famous person. People will remember everything forever when it comes to famous people. It has absolutely nothing to do with 'forgiveness'. Famous people they've never met are a non-entity. It's like a fiction book. You can just turn to the first page and 'that thing' is right there.
    It has nothing to do with it, read post number 2. Nixx is spot on...people act like this on average Joe's as well.

Deleted
    Would you let a convicted child rapist look after your children?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there is another angle.

I'm capable of forgiveness. I just don't forgive some things.

Also, I'm not obligated to "forgive" nor am I obligated to show "mercy" when enforcing justice.

So, yes - some people don't forgive and they don't forget.

If you rape someone, you may get punishment and serve your debt to society, but not necessarily to the victim.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2014-06-18 at 02:39 PM.

Was on facebook and noticed on the right side that Tyson had kicked Dana White out of his own seat, it was obvious that the entire video was supposed to be a joke. Now here's where it gets fucked up, people keep mentioning his past (rape and ear) like he'd done it just yesterday and frankly that really bothered me that people think that someone is never irredeemable after being convicted of an act. With that said rape tends to be habitual and Mike was famous so I'm sure it wasn't too hard for someone to pull the rape card off, I mean who the fuck would actually not want to have sex with Tyson with all of his perks right?

Anyways I digress, why can people just put the past behind them? He served a sentence yet people are saying "lock him up for good", do they even realize the weight behind what they're saying or are they just mindless drones saying what someone else said? People make mistakes, they have a consequence and in some cases, rehabilitated. So easy to call someone else out in regards to their past but the instant you yourself are you defend yourself.
    1)Not all acts are the same. Things that are not based on need are more repeated. There are things that can not be forgotten.

2)Psychology studies tell us that peoples core personality can not be changed when not in certain milestones i.e. puberty. Adult brain is very slow to change, if changes at all.

3)Why do people keep using the word mistake as if it somehow lessens crime or consequences that results from the crime?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting forgiveness does not mean there are no consequences to your actions. Kind of like a person can forgive someone for cheating on them, yet not want to be in a close relationship because they no longer trust them. So they would forgive them to the extent they would not harbor any ill feelings toward them, but would still remember what they did.

Another good example for those who care enough to look it up is the biblical one of Kind David of Israel and his betrayal of having one of his generals killed so he could have his wife. God forgave him, but he still had a price to pay for his sin in this life.