Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We can get very caught up in their emotions, sometimes. And sometimes we get so caught up into them that we loose our sight of what is right and wrong, I try not to do that.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

that being said, if someone bites my ear off, f*ck that guy...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

that being said, if someone bites my ear off, f*ck that guy...
    Oscar Wilde was ruined by suing a Marquess for liable, over an accusation of being a sodomite. Yeah, he tried saying fuck that guy... (Not intended as a double entendre)
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Forgiveness is essential to getting past the things that harm us. By holding onto those old wounds and the old anger we're giving those that harmed us power over us. Forgiveness isn't just for them, it's for you too. I'm not the best at it myself, but I'm trying to get there.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    1. If you want to argue semantics, we're appealing to the dictionary and not your personal connotations. Change means they no longer are as they once were. All people are in a constant state of change.

2. Are you planning on boxing him? No? Oh, well your ears are probably safe.
    So he only bits people's ears off if he is boxing them? That's not crazy in the least.

And if you don't want to him to rape you, don't interview him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph-5cuJgVRs

Some folks really will carry resentment around with them as long as they breathe.

On the other hand, some folks simply don't deserve forgiveness, not ever. (not saying Tyson is one of those, but still)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post

3)Why do people keep using the word mistake as if it somehow lessens crime or consequences that results from the crime?
    Because intent is a rather important aspect of assessing guilt in a given situation. Take for example, vehicular manslaughter vs 1st degree murder. The end result is the same, but how things got there is not.

Speaking from a completely secular point of view: one of the principle lessons that people take away from the Bible today is forgiveness. I.E. a ~1600 page book that people have felt they needed for the last 2000 years.

This wouldn't be the case if forgiving somebody was an easy thing for the average person to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Kvatch View Post
    I mean who the fuck would actually not want to have sex with Tyson with all of his perks right?
    The person screaming no... ?

Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyMuffy View Post
    Speaking from a completely secular point of view: one of the principle lessons that people take away from the Bible today is forgiveness. I.E. a ~1600 page book that people have felt they needed for the last 2000 years.

This wouldn't be the case if forgiving somebody was an easy thing for the average person to do.
    Please leave religion out of this. Religion has almost nothing to do with forgiveness. If it did, there wouldn't be page after page of some petty, vengeful god destroying his playthings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevra View Post
    The person screaming no... ?
    You're missing my point, what woman would not want to have sex with Tyson... He had fame, money, etc. Any woman who says they wouldn't is already high up in life and doesn't need a man like that or is just flat out lying. She went with Tyson in his limousine and was pissed off that he was making sexual advances toward her? Something is wrong, you don't go into Tyson's limousine during his younger years thinking you're just his "friend". She wanted to do all of it, it's clearly planned. I'm not trying to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it just doesn't fully add up.

The only reason she screamed rape is to get a hefty check.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2014-06-18 at 07:24 PM.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    So he only bits people's ears off if he is boxing them? That's not crazy in the least.

And if you don't want to him to rape you, don't interview him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph-5cuJgVRs
    Wow, that last bit. What a disgusting person.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

You're missing my point, what woman would not want to have sex with Tyson... He had fame, money, etc. Any woman who says they wouldn't is already high up in life and doesn't need a man like that or is just flat out lying. She went with Tyson in his limousine and was pissed off that he was making sexual advances toward her? Something is wrong, you don't go into Tyson's limousine during his younger years thinking you're just his "friend". She wanted to do all of it, it's clearly planned. I'm not trying to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it just doesn't fully add up.
    Yeah, powerful people never rape. I mean, it's not as if rapists get off on the power.

You think people won't let go of Tyson's past? His is just childs play. Mention OJ or Michael Vick on facebook or a forum. I believe Michael Vick brings out all the ignorant people of the world when his name is mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was on facebook and noticed on the right side that Tyson had kicked Dana White out of his own seat, it was obvious that the entire video was supposed to be a joke. Now here's where it gets fucked up, people keep mentioning his past (rape and ear) like he'd done it just yesterday and frankly that really bothered me that people think that someone is never irredeemable after being convicted of an act. With that said rape tends to be habitual and Mike was famous so I'm sure it wasn't too hard for someone to pull the rape card off, I mean who the fuck would actually not want to have sex with Tyson with all of his perks right?

Anyways I digress, why can people just put the past behind them? He served a sentence yet people are saying "lock him up for good", do they even realize the weight behind what they're saying or are they just mindless drones saying what someone else said? People make mistakes, they have a consequence and in some cases, rehabilitated. So easy to call someone else out in regards to their past but the instant you yourself are you defend yourself.
    Depends on what it is. I am rather forgiving in most cases. If it was truly that horrible (yeah, like rape and junk) or personal, forget it... Some actions don't deserve forgiveness if the person stooped so low and/or has learned nothing, in those cases they can just get lost and I put them out of mind.

I don't believe he raped anyone. The ear stuff though was retarded

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Depends on what it is. I am rather forgiving in most cases. If it was truly that horrible (yeah, like rape and junk) or personal, forget it... Some actions don't deserve forgiveness if the person stooped so low and/or has learned nothing, in those cases they can just get lost and I put them out of mind.
    See that's the problem with some people, they can't forgive even after it's been years since the thing occurred. You really hold this guy accountable after 20 something years still? I wouldn't hold a murderer accountable after 20 years, that's 20 years of his life and whether you like to believe this or not, when the murderer kills someone and people argue that the victim had years left of his life... It's over, the victim doesn't care nor even have a conscious to give a flying fuck unlike the murderer who did.

When in a controlled environment and dealt with accordingly, people can be rehabilitated and I often believe our efforts should be more thrown towards people with serious crimes committed so we can get them out so they can live in society. Also having a record defeats the entire purpose of trying to get them back in society, in fact it often makes them commit another crime.

You can tell anyone that people who commit rape, murder, bad things to children, etc. don't deserve their humanity back but you forget one thing, they're humans too and once they've served their time (also we should most definitely attempt to rehabilitate) then it's done. Holding on does nothing but make you less of a human yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I don't believe he raped anyone. The ear stuff though was retarded
    I read up on it, seemed a bit dodgy.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    He's come a long way. He's actually not the idiot a lot of people think he is. He's actually pretty intelligent. Wish his career didn't go down the toilet after Cus died.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

The only thing people love more than a hero is to see a hero fall. They get gigantic schadenfreude boners over being able to set themselves above those once celebrated by society. It makes them all feel so much better about their own failures and shortcomings and all the other things that feed their insecurity.

10+ Year Old Account
    See that's the problem with some people, they can't forgive even after it's been years since the thing occurred. You really hold this guy accountable after 20 something years still?
    It really depends on the situation. Murder, you bet your ass I'll hold a grudge. Something like petty theft, not really. I won't trust them with my stuff, but I won't write them off too quickly.

I wouldn't hold a murderer accountable after 20 years, that's 20 years of his life and whether you like to believe this or not, when the murderer kills someone and people argue that the victim had years left of his life... It's over, the victim doesn't care nor even have a conscious to give a flying fuck unlike the murderer who did.
    So the murderer's remaining years are more important than the lost years of his victim? I'm going to disagree with you there.

When in a controlled environment and dealt with accordingly, people can be rehabilitated and I often believe our efforts should be more thrown towards people with serious crimes committed so we can get them out so they can live in society. Also having a record defeats the entire purpose of trying to get them back in society,
    I'd rather a murderer stay out of society to ensure the safety of all instead of making some people feel better about letting a convict loose.

in fact it often makes them commit another crime.
    No it doesn't. They choose to commit another crime. Having a record does make life difficult for someone. But that's the point. You aren't supposed to be just forgiven once you commit a crime. Your life isn't supposed to be as easy as it was before you committed the crime. It will deter some, nowhere near all unfortunately, from committing a crime once they see how hard it is afterward. If you show someone who is a potential criminal that the punishment for the crime is minor, why should they care about not committing the crime? Now it isn't impossible to live after serving a sentence. I've worked with many people that have spent years in prison and made a living afterward. You know how they did that? They didn't commit another crime, or at least haven't gotten caught yet. >.>

You can tell anyone that people who commit rape, murder, bad things to children, etc. don't deserve their humanity back but you forget one thing, they're humans too and once they've served their time (also we should most definitely attempt to rehabilitate) then it's done. Holding on does nothing but make you less of a human yourself.
    This is just guilt trip BS. "You're no better than they are!" Yes I am. I am the one following the law.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    The only thing people love more than a hero is to see a hero fall. They get gigantic schadenfreude boners over being able to set themselves above those once celebrated by society. It makes them all feel so much better about their own failures and shortcomings and all the other things that feed their insecurity.
    This is too true. It's the reason we hear Lindsay Lohan going to rehab for the umpteenth time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    So the murderer's remaining years are more important than the lost years of his victim? I'm going to disagree with you there.
    Yes because they're still alive, if you care about the other persons remaining years that they never were going to receive then that's just you being selfish in your own regards. The person that died does not give a flying fuck that they died because it's impossible, how about we help the remaining person who is alive and fix that problem instead of eternally punishing him. I'd rather be murdered than sit in a prison for 25 years and you know why? Because I won't exist to be able to give a fuck about my possible years.

When people bring up the victim's future I just think? "Really you're bringing that up when in actuality the victim doesn't even care yet you guys do? Talk about selfish". Sorry but that's just the full reality, we like seeing others fall and when one person falls we lay down the law like there's no fucking tomorrow (at least in the US) just to be assholes.
    Hey everyone