Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How hard is the green fire quest?

I am a achievement farmer and i heard u get a FoS for completing the green fire quest before WoD.
    So i want it, but how hard will it be to get it?

I never played a warlock, i got a lvl 77 warlock or something but i can level him to 90.

Can i get the fire quest or will it be near to impossible for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

You have perhaps almost 6 months to level to 90, gear your warlock, and learn to play the class (way more than enough time). The quest line itself isn't that difficult if you read a guide or two and are decent at the game. Should be plenty doable.

Yeah, I'm also interested in the recent experiences, at what item level should it be possible? Timeless gear maybe?

Curious as well: is it something you can out gear or are there solo scenarios that scale you down in item level

The higher your gear the faster you'll kill him, meaning the less waves of adds you'll need to kill. It's all just about learning to use the various abilities of your warlock and removing your dots. I heard about the title so decided I wanted it when it gets added. I don't often play my warlock so wasn't very well geared so the fight took a little longer and a few wipes 'til I understood how I should be doing it. If you can play your warlock well it should come pretty quickly if not expect some wipes until you can understand each part of the fight.

people did it at 476 back in the day. With timeless gear it would make the fight easier but it will still be a challenge. I did it before the threat drop was removed on the gateway so not sure how it affects lower geared toons. Now I just do it for shits and giggles while out gearing it and kill him before he does anything worth mentioning. I'd assume anyone geared 515+ would be able to do it with out much trouble. The higher your gear the easier it is and the faster you beat him the fewer mobs he summons (meaning he summons in in order 1st is the pit lord, 2nd the imps, 3rd the fel hounds, 4th the doom lord, then he goes back to imps, hounds. doom lord). SO the faster you beat him, the fewer summon phases you deal with.
    Last edited by xuros; 2014-06-16 at 03:09 PM.

SoO lfr gear and trinkets would probably enable you to kill the final boss "easily" so to speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aight i will start leveling my lock today then, any tips what spec to be and what i need most?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Destruction would be the way to go, its easy to learn and makes managing that fight much easier than the other 2 speccs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Got him to 50% on my 521 destro lock.
    He is very very hard, I found garrosh easier to defeat than him!
    I'd say full flex gear at least is what's needed to down him with little trouble.

Deleted
    Even at 522+ iLvL make sure you create and use the Macro's for the fight
    (Link: Guide with Macro in the Comments for the Fight over at WoWHead)

One mistake and you can still wipe no matter what iLvL you are, but with the macro's, and a little reading into the fight you should manage it within a few attempts.

I highly recommend watching a video of the boss fight on YouTube.

It is very hard. I gave up for the time being. I couldn't kill the first boss with a mix of Timeless and LFR gear. Ilevel 505

I just tried it to see. I prefer the look of the normal fire anyway. Especially on the mounts.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

563 gear, legendary cloack, normal inmerseus trinket, sha weapon, 13 tryes to get him down, I'm not really good at my warlock xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Got him to 50% on my 521 destro lock.
    He is very very hard, I found garrosh easier to defeat than him!
    I'd say full flex gear at least is what's needed to down him with little trouble.
    521 and only 50%?

Um, he's hard, but not that bad. I got him at 488 on my lock.

While I'm sure having the Legendary Cloak makes it easier, is it something I should start working on? I'm at ilvl 503 now and plan to work on it in earnest when at i520. I've done nothing for the Legendary questline (boosted toon), and the announced buff doesn't really help all that much at the beginning of the quests.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    It only took me four tries with a 520~ish ilvl and the same strat as in vids when dealing with the hounds. Once you learn how to point to Pit Lord away it gets hella easy.
    In terms of difficulty it's easier than the last few bosses of Brawler's Guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fight is tough and doesn't allow mistakes. You have to use your Control demon and the abilities of the pitlord properly, while negating the attacks from the boss himself.
    Tried it with 480ish level gear, but as someone that only plays Warlock on very rare occasions I didn't stand a chance.

I'll faceroll him next addon, because I can't stand the thought of gearing up further in that SoO LFR nightmare.

It is legitimately difficult, regardless of item level, messing up WILL kill you. I did in 523 ilevel and it was still really hard. It's a long fight and you have to juggle 3-5 things the entire fight or else you will die.

The most difficult part for me was timing and placing the Pit Lord when the Fel Hunters spawned, and then killing the Fel Hunters before they ate me. Once I got that down, it wasn't as stressful, but was still hard.

It's a 5-10 minute figh depending on how well geared you are, and at any point in that time frame you let something slip, you wil die pretty quickly.

Destruction is by far the best way to go, Affliction doesn't generally have enough burst to kill the Fel Hunters in a timely manner or burn him down from 20%, and you already have enough going on managing the Pit Lord and all of the adds that managing another pet that can die at any time (and therefore lose a large part of your DPS) Demonology just isn't optimal.

I knocked it out in some crafted pvp gear and a few random epics. It is a damn hard fight, probably took me around 30 tries. It helps a lot if you really know how to play your class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check out our walkthrough with full voice acting

If you have any questions just leave a comment and we will get back to you!
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!