Blizzard and naming your guild after a famous Alcoholic Beverage or Cigarette Brand

On 25-1-2014 I had started a thread here about Guilds which advertise famous Cigarette and Alcoholic Beverages by naming their guild after one such multi-national brand.

MMO CHAMP Moderator Daetur had responded:

Those won't be inappropriate for something rated T for Teen. T for Teen games can and do often include smoking and references to alcohol and tobacco use. In Warcraft, alcoholic drinks can be purchased from inns and vendors, and many Monk abilities reference alcohol consumption. I don't think they're going to see things your way.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post24981658

Apparently, Blizzard would beg to differ.

I am happy to report to you that I have gotten several such guilds name-changed through reporting them to Blizzard, probably much to the dismay of Moderator Daetur. Some were advertising a famous Philip Morris International Tobacco Company cigarette brand, whereas the rest were advertising a famous Dutch and International beer brand.

Here's Blizzard's stance on the matter:

Contrary to what Moderator Daetur insinuates, Blizzard do NOT want to have people running Alcoholic Beverage and Cigarette Brand advertisements in their game.

This now ought to be the fourth or fifth such guild I have gotten name-changed, much to the dismay of Moderator Daetur et al I suppose.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Is there actually a point to this thread or did you just want to rub it in the moderator's faces?

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Is there actually a point to this thread or did you just want to rub it in the moderator's faces?
    I forgot to say that I am proud of Blizzard and I am also proud of Blizzard for NOT employing the likes of Moderator Daetur.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

If it makes you happy keep going I guess but I think it's pretty sad of you....
    How Blizzard can be against promoting alcohol when the entire Brewfest celebration is a celebration of alcohol I don't know

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... you sound like a very fun person to be around.

Seems like a dick move to even report these guilds. What's wrong with naming a guild after what you stated when the players actively engage in drinking and smoking in game?

Also, isn't this consider naming and shaming towards a mod? You seem a bit butthurt over it.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, One of the most childish threads I've seen in a long time, "Moderator Daetur" wins this round champ He just stated his opinion, Nothing wrong with that, at all, Him being a moderator has nothing to do with that, or Blizzard, so again, childish rubbish=/ Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I forgot to say that I am proud of Blizzard and I am also proud of Blizzard for NOT employing the likes of Moderator Daetur.
    I am ashamed of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is reporting a guild for having a name like that really necessary? It seems like you're just doing it to be a dick, you honestly can't be offended by those guild names.

EDIT: I just actually read that ticket response, they're against promoting alcohol? Why do they have an entire week in-game dedicated to alcohol?
    Last edited by Ineko; 2014-06-18 at 03:20 PM.

What an arsehole you are, a sad, sad little man.

Have you got nothing better to do?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-06-18 at 03:19 PM.

Wow, did Daetur infract you or something? You seem pretty bootybothered. This thread should go places.

How many tickets did you fill in before they forced them to change? It's been 5 months since your last thread about this

I had to read the original post twice...

You're kind of a dick bro.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-06-18 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia
    Has anything pushed you to the edge of quitting WoW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreall
    Long Distance relationships and Justin Bieber

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    If it makes you happy keep going I guess but I think it's pretty sad of you....
    How Blizzard can be against promoting alcohol when the entire Brewfest celebration is a celebration of alcohol I don't know
    I am 100% sure blizzard doesnt want comercials from other products in their games. Haveing a guild with 500 members with a same alcohol name makes people gogle for it and buy it. The alcohol in wow is not real (namewise).

Some movie companys do the same. They use fictional brands.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictional_brand

Also if someone made a guild....Thisalcoholsucks******* (* name of alcohol). They could be sued.
    Its true.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing useful to discuss about this here.