How to gear up a priest?

Im not that familiar with the priest class and most i know is holy is the healer spec, and shadow just hits like a truck and falls over just as easily. For doing the weekly conquest cap how and what spec should i be doing it as?

I am interested in being shadow as much as healer but ofcourse having a heal offspec is always handy. If im not mistaken shadow is a bad spec for 2s and i never do 3s so no point there. I honestly dont like 40 min games so i dont want to do healer/dps comp for 2s.

So that leaves me with RBGs for the most part. Is anyone gonna take a undergeared shadow priest, or even healer? By undergeared i mean grievous gear, since being full prideful is the standard nowdays.

I can only speak from my own experience as shadow, no idea about healing specs.

Shadow is pretty weak in 2v2, true. If you're new to the class, it's going to be VERY frustrating to play in the beginning. Literally EVERY (well 99%) team will always go for you and even in full gear you usually end up kiting and healing yourself way more than actually being a damage dealer.
    If you do decide to go shadow and play 2s, I recommend teaming up with a mage, ww monk or feral (or any other class that can solo but can also peel). I feel like those are the best comps for 2s, but then again I don't really play 2s THAT much anymore.

Shadow is not impossible to play in 2v2 and some people make it sound worse than it is. If you get used to the play style of kiting all game the spec is actually fun ^^
    Last time I ques 2s, it was 1v2 so yeah. You can even do that! (at low rating, offcourse)
    I even have a video of the 1v2's if you're interested in checking it out ^^
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdqi...eature=mh_lolz

I play both disc and shadow in PvP. You are correct that holy is now the go-to PvP spec. If you are looking to cap conquest easily, go holy. It will be a lot easier to get into RBGs to complete your cap (even if you are just full grievous). Healer/DPS in 2s can be a pain and take forever sometimes, but I would say that is preferable than always being asked to respec holy. Shadow isn't a great 2s spec anyways, so I would say holy (or disc if you're stubborn like me) is the way to go!

If you have a decent mage to play with you can do 2s as shadow, though it's fairly hard with so much brainless melee at the 'cap-rating' teaming up with a healer.
    The easiest to do is just use your shadow gear if that is your main spec and play 2s as holy with a dk. If the game takes too long, leave.

you should team up with a mage. I geared my spriest really quickly by just doing TB and WG and randoms to get 522, then arena with a mage after that. You'll get focused, but the synergy seems to work really well. You can dot them up, and survive (or die, if it's a 1/2 decent warrior) long enough for the mage to kill them and you to put a couple of heals on the mage so that they end up closing the match.

Also if you see war / dk, consider just forfeiting to save time while gearing. Some of them are terrible, but chances are if they are 1/2 decent they will crush you. Also druid / warr, priest / warr, and especially warr / warr
    Last edited by fiestatastic; 2014-06-21 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anboniwow View Post
    I can only speak from my own experience as shadow, no idea about healing specs.

Shadow is pretty weak in 2v2, true. If you're new to the class, it's going to be VERY frustrating to play in the beginning. Literally EVERY (well 99%) team will always go for you and even in full gear you usually end up kiting and healing yourself way more than actually being a damage dealer.
    If you do decide to go shadow and play 2s, I recommend teaming up with a mage, ww monk or feral (or any other class that can solo but can also peel). I feel like those are the best comps for 2s, but then again I don't really play 2s THAT much anymore.

Shadow is not impossible to play in 2v2 and some people make it sound worse than it is. If you get used to the play style of kiting all game the spec is actually fun ^^
    Last time I ques 2s, it was 1v2 so yeah. You can even do that! (at low rating, offcourse)
    I even have a video of the 1v2's if you're interested in checking it out ^^
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdqi...eature=mh_lolz
    Entertaining movie and nice kitty!

OT, go what you feel to play. Gearing up is gonna be pain in the *** anyway no matter the spec =)