Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you have a split personality?

Do any of you have a split personality? I am actually a really calm and nice person to everyone around me in real life but when it comes to games especially MOBAs like Dota, LoL I rage a lot at other people, something that I would never do in real life.

So what is yours?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. No. Don't listen to him, he's nuts.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    I can be shy and quiet if I'm not comfortable with the people around me. When I'm with friends and family or at work I'm very outgoing. I also get very competitive when it comes to games, just PvP though. I don't care what the meters say in a raid. I'm definitely a good natured/sweet person. But if you end up on my bad side it's really hard, if not impossible to get off it.

Deleted
    Kind of, how I act at work is nothing like I am at home.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course we don't have split personalities
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, maybe not. I'm usually calm and friendly, to my knowledge.

But if someone annoys me, I just turn really dickish toward them. Unfortunately, I also become more "neutral" around other people; so rather than being as positive as possible, I'll usually become pretty 'don't care' about everything. This mainly happened with my last boss. I have no idea what was up with him; but some days he was super friendly/nice, then he became a total ass to EVERYONE. For no apparent reason. Thankfully I managed to keep my bad moods for him and kept positive when away from him.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

It's the same imagine shown from different angles in different lighting.

Deleted
    Relax, we don't have to answer that.

ot: nope, just automaticly holding back in certain situations it seems

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a split personality.

Unless diagnosed, you would likely be unaware of any split personalities you have.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Split personality refers to DID. Being a raging dickbag when you game isn't DID.
    you're a DID

10+ Year Old Account
    5 of 6 Voices in my Head telling me: YOU ARE NOT CRAZY !

The sixt sings softly blowing in the wind ...

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Do any of you have a split personality? I am actually a really calm and nice person to everyone around me in real life but when it comes to games especially MOBAs like Dota, LoL I rage a lot at other people, something that I would never do in real life.

So what is yours?
    Sounds like a standard outlet, really. Do note, that while you may be anonymous in a video game, you're still raging in real life. There's no such thing as "not real life".

Nah, they never diagnosed me with that, it's a real thing and not just raging on the web but being a sweetheart IRL. Aspergers, they did diagnose me with, and I'm pretty much the same in any situation only that I can feel less shy on the internet. What I say online, I would say IRL face to face with someone, and I have. The only time I rage in-game is if someone is treating another player badly, such as being abusive over performance or whatever.

I do however wish my real life self was as strong as my in-game selves, it would certainly help with this hauling of furniture and moving boxes and cleaning...wouldn't help with the romance if I looked like my tauren toon though <.<.

Back to the hauling...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-06-18 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of that is split personality. A split personality is really two completely separate people in one head. That can include changes in accent, gender, voice & pitch, likes & dislikes, and even memories.

You don't have a split personality, but there is help for what you have.

Deleted

So what is yours?

no, you have one personality, you are hiding it IRL behind a socially acceptable screen.

Its only when we are anonymous that we show our true selves.

10+ Year Old Account
    The voices in my head so no.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    That's not a split personality.

Unless diagnosed, you would likely be unaware of any split personalities you have.
    Does the digagnosis in this acapacity even exist? I vaguely remember a teacher who used to work in a mental ward (he taught ethics instead of religion) telling us that the split personally disorder thing people generally refer to does not exist. I might confuse a few things here though.

@Topic: No, but I still talk to i*people.

No, but everybody has different faces they put up for different situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    No we don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.