Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tricks of the trade

So i was told by my guildmates that tricks on a warrior is useless since it doesnt stack with enrage, since i couldnt really test it and dont want to believe them i wanted to ask you guys.
    Thanks for the answers

wait why would it not stack? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

thats what i was asking myself ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Tot during CS/CDs is really good. Arguably as good/better for us than any other class. The issue is that it doesn't allign with CS' CD, so it is only best for us situationally (IE killing belts on blackfuse)

Quote Originally Posted by Mara403 View Post
    Jalopy's 0(is it 0? I honestly can't remember) tricks is rank 2 atm and 6k dps behind. Did you just call for them or did they just give it to you when it was off CD or something? Can't look at logs right now.

Edit: i want those tusks
    Last edited by Neronis; 2014-06-18 at 09:14 PM.

It didn't used to stack with Enrage. Collision and I discovered the change sometime around 5.4 PTR.

That said, it really is hard to use for a Warrior since we want it to line up with Colossus Smash or Bladestorm. Lots of better people to use it on.

And Marauder you scumbag, using 3 tricks to beat my rank! :P (Edit: looks like a couple others beat it too, that's what happens when I don't raid on Tuesday )
    Ranks have been all over the place with upgrades though. It'll start settling down now that we are fully upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Ranks have been all over the place with upgrades though. It'll start settling down now that we are fully upgraded.
    No it wont. People will find super scumbag ways to cheese even more.. just wait for it.

Deleted
    It didn't used to stack with Enrage. Collision and I discovered the change sometime around 5.4 PTR.

That said, it really is hard to use for a Warrior since we want it to line up with Colossus Smash or Bladestorm. Lots of better people to use it on.

And Marauder you scumbag, using 3 tricks to beat my rank! :P (Edit: looks like a couple others beat it too, that's what happens when I don't raid on Tuesday )
    mmo-champion.com/threads/1399592-How-do-you-pull-400K-DPS/page4

Yeah I know I was in the thread... There had never been a listed change that they stacked again, so it was unknown. When I said we discovered it, I don't mean nobody else in the world knew, I mean it wasn't common knowledge. We started testing again when it was brought up and definitively proved it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    No it wont. People will find super scumbag ways to cheese even more.. just wait for it.
    You are right, I notice that (at least among the Warriors), EU raiders seem to have a much higher penchant for it.

Deleted
    Didnt mean any offense
    Just renembered the discussion from back then.
    EU is the place of Cheasing!

only locks in our raids that get tricks :/ Cant wait for WoD when tricks (dmg buff) goes away! Not that I will rank on anything anyway...but still T_T SBs why u never crit with cds/procs up!
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    only locks in our raids that get tricks :/ Cant wait for WoD when tricks (dmg buff) goes away! Not that I will rank on anything anyway...but still T_T SBs why u never crit with cds/procs up!
    Honestly, unless you get it during a Reckstorm, its much better for Warlocks or Rogues (or Enh Shamans during Ascendance). I'll be glad when they remove it.

ToT is a flat damage increase and it stacks with literally everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, unless you get it during a Reckstorm, its much better for Warlocks or Rogues (or Enh Shamans during Ascendance). I'll be glad when they remove it.
    I'll miss it.

The only actual buff my Rogue brings to the raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Ofc it's better, doesnt change the fact that you would rather have it than the others when doing boring farm content
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    ToT is a flat damage increase and it stacks with literally everything.
    yes, but it didn't used to. It was specifically disabled from stacking with Enrage during Wrath. Somewhere along the line that changed back and it wasn't caught by most people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'll miss it.

The only actual buff my Rogue brings to the raid
    I hate any kind of individual buff like that, rogues start selling their tricks and shit. I'm not going to play a game of "who can I get to like me the most".
    And if you knew the rogues in my raid... lol.

yes, but it didn't used to. It was specifically disabled from stacking with Enrage during Wrath. Somewhere along the line that changed back and it wasn't caught by most people.
    I think I dimly remember that.

I hate any kind of individual buff like that, rogues start selling their tricks and shit. I'm not going to play a game of "who can I get to like me the most".
    And if you knew the rogues in my raid... lol.
    Give us lust and we'll call it even :P

I agree in principle, though to be honest nobody ever says "get a Rogue, we need ToT". I remember guildies used to beg me for my ToT so they could slut up the ranks... I usually just put it on whoever was highest DPS though. Or even try to optimise it with burst phases. Gave me something to do on wipe #34 for the night!

A lot of rogues "trade" tricks, which is such a waste, never had much respect for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yeah, it definitely didn't stack with enrage up to 5.0, it was changed sometime between 5.0-5.4... didn't think to check it as I hate that type of cheesing crap. :P

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    only locks in our raids that get tricks
    Luckily, I make our rogues give it to me. Then again, 500k vengeance, 50%+ crit is some good.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Luckily, I make our rogues give it to me. Then again, 500k vengeance, 50%+ crit is some good.
    Yeah, if I wanted to maximize raid dps, it would be warlocks for dark shamans/protectors and whatever tank is crushing it on every other fight.