Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    And yet if they were the Washington Crackers, the whining from the manufactured outrage would be deafening.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    And yet if they were the Washington Crackers, the whining from the manufactured outrage would be deafening.
    I, as a white person, would find the name hilarious. Either their logo has to be a white guy holding a whip, or a Saltine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost wish sights were set on the Braves next (my team).

If it got to the point where the Federal Government overreached there as well, son of a bitch, I'd go about it differently if I were ownership.

I'd rebrand the name Atlanta Braves as the Braves standing for the military and patriotism. I'd get rid of the crossed tomahawk secondary logo, replace it with swords or rifles. The Braves already changed one of their alternate home jerseys this year to have stars in this script. Not too much to change. But I want an over the top patriotic, militaristic mascot. I want liberals to fucking cringe. And instead of the tomahawk chop, the fans will just shoot pretend guns in the air, in the most Yosemite Sam fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Ah yes.
    You're white if you are offended by racial slurs.
    Gotcha.
    Their skin could be used as printer paper...

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I, as a white person, would find the name hilarious. Either their logo has to be a white guy holding a whip, or a Saltine.
    I'm white, too, and would find it hilarious. But a sadly significant subset of white people would consider it the greatest travesty of human history.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    I'm white, too, and would find it hilarious. But a sadly significant subset of white people would consider it the greatest travesty of human history.
    I dunno, Cracker Jack is pretty iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    4 tribes..... of the hundreds that are worried about actual problems that they face after being forced onto reservations... if you honestly think this is an issue most of the American Indians give a shit about, you are sadly mistaken.
    You nailed it. Poverty on reserve is 2x the national average and you have all these agitators crying over an NFL team's name. Focus on real problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Snyder should just rename the team the Washington Braves and make them furious. They'd have no case and he'd laugh all the way to the bank.

People don't understand how its offensive? Okay, let's see...

1/ Redskin is a derogitory term for Native Americans.
    2/ The team isn't run by Natives.
    3/ The team tries to make out that it embodies the 'spirit of America' but isn't representing the people they base their image on properly.

If we take those things into account, that would be like a predominantly black team calling themselves "The Honkeys" with a picture of a sterotypical white person as their symbol. Or an Asian team called "The Negros". Or an English team called "The Sheep Shaggers" (a nasty nickname for Welsh people).

Get the picture? If they want to be called "The Natives" then I doubt anyone would mind. But Redskin is a rude term. Anyone saying people have the right to use offensive names, or that people need to stop being so sensitive - you deserve to be called names your entire life to see what its like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    The fact you find such a thing amusing speaks volumes about your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about the "Fighting Irish" of Notre Dame? That is a negative sterotype, that Irish are violent people (and look at that mascot!!!)

I should file a suit!
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    People don't understand how its offensive? Okay, let's see...

1/ Redskin is a derogitory term for Native Americans.
    2/ The team isn't run by Natives.
    3/ The team tries to make out that it embodies the 'spirit of America' but isn't representing the people they base their image on properly.

If we take those things into account, that would be like a predominantly black team calling themselves "The Honkeys" with a picture of a sterotypical white person as their symbol. Or an Asian team called "The Negros". Or an English team called "The Sheep Shaggers" (a nasty nickname for Welsh people).

Get the picture? If they want to be called "The Natives" then I doubt anyone would mind. But Redskin is a rude term. Anyone saying people have the right to use offensive names, or that people need to stop being so sensitive - you deserve to be called names your entire life to see what its like.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact you find such a thing amusing speaks volumes about your character.
    The fact that you think the team being run by natives would matter speaks volumes about your character.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    You nailed it. Poverty on reserve is 2x the national average and you have all these agitators crying over an NFL team's name. Focus on real problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Snyder should just rename the team the Washington Braves and make them furious. They'd have no case and he'd laugh all the way to the bank.
    The Washington Donald Sterlings has a nice ring to it

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    How about the "Fighting Irish" of Notre Dame? That is a negative sterotype, that Irish are violent people (and look at that mascot!!!)

I should file a suit!
    Soooo....whats your argument here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Soooo....whats your argument here?
    Is Notre Dame going to lose any trademarks it has because its name is also offensive?
    You're a towel.

Is Notre Dame going to lose any trademarks it has because its name is also offensive?
    Possible. Wait until someone brings it before the patent office

10+ Year Old Account
    Possible. Wait until someone brings it before the patent office
    It should be a sweeping ban on all offensive names and mascots. Goodbye "Fighting Irish" goodbye FSU mascot! If you are going to ban one offensive thing about a team name, why not all of them at once to make it more painless, like ripping off a band aid?
    You're a towel.

It should be a sweeping ban on all offensive names and mascots. Goodbye "Fighting Irish" goodbye FSU mascot! If you are going to ban one offensive thing about a team name, why not all of them at once to make it more painless, like ripping off a band aid?
    Your complaint is that the office didn't invalidate a punch of trademarks that weren't part of what they were discussing. K.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your complaint is that the office didn't invalidate a punch of trademarks that weren't part of what they were discussing. K.
    I don't really have a complaint, I am pointing out a hilarious segment of people that are so up in arms over this, and yet, they do not give a crap about any other offensive name.
    You're a towel.

I don't really have a complaint, I am pointing out a hilarious segment of people that are so up in arms over this, and yet, they do not give a crap about any other offensive name.
    This whole "everything or you're a hypocrite" nonsense is really ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    So why is it ok to be mad about the Redskins name, but not about the "Fighting irish?" how is that ridiculous? Its ok to be racist, as long as its a team we like?
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the difference?