Computer issues with guildies.

We've got one guildie that disconnects more than she would like too. I asked her to DL Speccy at Piriform to give me her temps.

my cpu is - 44 c - 60 c

and my motherboard is - 78 c

and my graphics are - 43 c - 60 c

and my storage is - 36 c

my cpu and graphics were going up to 60 as i watched.

I just pasted and copied it from our guild forums, I am curious as to why her temps on her MB would be running so high. I responded to get more information as far as manufacture and model numbers on some of the part.

Thoughs?
    Excellence, completed by Shyama!

Could be poor air floor, A bad or inaccurate sensor, or the heat sink isn't doing its job. While I'm not a huge fan of this method for testing it will work ( just remind her not to put it directly on the tower just a foot or so away to blow air in.) Try having her open the case and have a fan blow some air into the case and test it for a bit to see if that helps. If it does I would go with the mobo heat sink for the north bridge or one of the other ones covering something may need to be reseated.
    Last edited by dbudd424; 2014-06-18 at 10:29 PM.

http://archive.benchmarkreviews.com/...=823&Itemid=69

Is the motherboard.

She had the case opened with a fan blowing on it, and shes running about the same temps.

She just texted me, her computer shut off >.<

sounds like it could possibly be the chipset overheating then. Not sure how conformable she would be with re seating it with a new thermal paste or pad. can also have her check the heat sinks or see if she can feel if most of the heat is coming from the chipset area on the mobo.

Disconnecting doesnt have anything to do with temperatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Papi View Post
    http://archive.benchmarkreviews.com/...=823&Itemid=69

Is the motherboard.

She had the case opened with a fan blowing on it, and shes running about the same temps.

She just texted me, her computer shut off >.<
    44-60 well maybe try some better monitoring tools like Coretemp/realtemp. The max core temp for AMD is usually 60°, the motherboard temps look okay just swap replace paste and that should lower the core temperatures.
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

running onboard video while gaming, could this the the cause of the elevated temps as well?

- - - Updated - - -

wouldn't the MB or the CPU shut itself down when its reached a max temp, as a safegaurd?

You said disconnecting while I figured you were meaning a shut down since you posted temps and the issue sounded like that. Hes also talking about the cpu and while the cpu temp looks fine the mobo is a bit high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we talking about computer/game client crashes here or just disconnects? Because disconnects have nothing (98% of the time) to do with the computer hardware.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could be any number of reasons. Is the computer dusty inside? Thermal paste dried out? Fans clogged with dust? Have her send a pic of the inside, that might give some clues.

The computer shuts down, not just disconnects.

I asked her lastnight for a few pictures.