Deleted

Where is the alpha update?

Streamers/Wowdev Twitters/MMO champ been talking about a new build 'on possibly money or tuesday'. Its now Wednesday here in the UK, and nobody at all seems to be talking about this new alpha build we're missing. Whats going on?

It's all speculation, nothing confirmed at all. Just guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    Streamers/Wowdev Twitters/MMO champ been talking about a new build 'on possibly money or tuesday'. Its now Wednesday here in the UK, and nobody at all seems to be talking about this new alpha build we're missing. Whats going on?
    As of a few days ago, they didn't have a stable build ready for alpha. Maybe they're still having issues with it.

(https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/478058786423181312)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It's all speculation, nothing confirmed at all. Just guesses.
    It's not all speculation: A dev posted on twitter that the next build would be up within a week ( from memory, it was Watcherdev from thursday/friday)

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    It's not all speculation: A dev posted on twitter that the next build would be up within a week ( from memory, it was Watcherdev from thursday/friday)
    If he said that on Thursday/Friday then wouldn't it make sense that a week would go to the next Thursday/Friday? If it doesn't come out the next couple of days and then comes out next week you only waited 1 1/2 weeks, which isn't a big deal.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Trying to get a stable build with the second zone? If things keep going like that we get 4 zones with a december release and all the rest in a patch 3 months later, then we'll have to wait another 3 months for dungeons and raids?
    Sorry, but this development process looks disturbingly slow to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Trying to get a stable build with the second zone? If things keep going like that we get 4 zones with a december release and all the rest in a patch 3 months later, then we'll have to wait another 3 months for dungeons and raids?
    Actually, it's the exact same speed as the previous betas, including unstable builds. Nothing new here. The zones are all done by now, it's just focus testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. . . . .

I doubt the second zone is the problem, but there's not much point to pushing out a build that crashes every 2 seconds.

Because having issues with one zone and one build obviously means none of the other content is ready yet.

you have no idea what you are talking about... we get it already...

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Actually, it's the exact same speed as the previous betas, including unstable builds. Nothing new here. The zones are all done by now, it's just focus testing.
    Sure the zones are done by now.. that is why they don't have a stable build for alpha yet.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Sure the zones are done by now.. that is why they don't have a stable build for alpha yet.
    Because having a Zone crafted is TOTALLY all they need for a Stable build and having a few little bugs can't COMPLETELY make a build unstable.

Oh wait, no it isn't and yes they can. Hell in the MoP Beta Jade Forest was still unstable for weeks after the other Areas were fine to play in, though I guess idiots don't realise they don't work on one area, clean it up to perfect and move on, they actually work across the ENTIRE content and then fine tune bit by bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Correlation != causation. The next build brings a new zone and is currently unstable, that doesn't mean it's unstable because of the zone. Most causes of instability have nothing to do with zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know a lot of Garrison specific gameplay* will be tested too, so that might be where they encounter problems. Shadowmoon Valley zone should be relatively stable already. You could even test the first part at Blizzcon/Pax East/Press events I belive.

*maybe we will be able to test the whole of what Garrisons offer? (stages one, two and three + invasion by the Iron Horde)