Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Possible, but it would make the entire expansion utterly pointless, if they don't manage to save a good chunk of the population, should draenor be overrun. Azeroth needs fresh blood and this is the opportunity to get it.
    The 'point' of the expansion is to stop the Iron Horde from overrunning Azeroth, not to save the people of Draenor.

Considering they tied the Mogu, Mantid and Sha up with a neat little bow I'm not expecting too much from this expansion to come back with us from Draenor but we'll see. Hopefully if it happens it'll just be a few like Yrel, because if you evacuate thousands of Draenei into MU Azeroth there's no way to avoid the whole 'hey we have two of a bunch of people now' thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is a timetravel alternate universe expansion, there was never much sense to begin with and only limiting it on the Alliance side is wrong, the horde gains even less so far, the draenei civilization is quite amazing and I wouldn't be surprised if the last content patches revolve around getting as many of them and their technology out of there as possible.
    Where would the draenei even fit all those new people on Azeroth? They live in a crashed naaru ship on a tiny island.

I don't know if there is a way this expansion can end with it being satisfying. The options seem to be losing most of the AU draenei, losing all the AU draenei cities, or keeping the AU draenei and AU draenei cities around, but being doomed to irrelevance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    The 'point' of the expansion is to stop the Iron Horde from overrunning Azeroth, not to save the people of Draenor.

Considering they tied the Mogu, Mantid and Sha up with a neat little bow I'm not expecting too much from this expansion to come back with us from Draenor but we'll see. Hopefully if it happens it'll just be a few like Yrel, because if you evacuate thousands of Draenei into MU Azeroth there's no way to avoid the whole 'hey we have two of a bunch of people now' thing.
    The issue with that point is that, if group of few heroes with small garrison and help of natives can steamroll iron horde, where they ever a real threat to azeroth ?
    And keep in mind that we own them despite other hostile forces like breakers, ogre empire, and arrakoa.

There really needs to be more to WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You're the one who linked it!
    We are talking about Krelas, right?
    I want to see a pic of krelas with green eyes, in wowhead has blue eyes
    http://wod.mop.wowhead.com/npc=80965#modelviewer:10+0

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The issue with that point is that, if group of few heroes with small garrison and help of natives can steamroll iron horde, where they ever a real threat to azeroth ?
    And keep in mind that we own them despite other hostile forces like breakers, ogre empire, and arrakoa.

If we consider just how many of the warlords bite the dust early in the expansion,it would make little sense having the iron horde as the main enemy for the entire expansion. So the purpose has to change at some point.

10+ Year Old Account

Was Nazi Germany ever a real threat to the entire world?
    Nope.
    Blitzkrieg tactics overwhelmed and caught everyone by surprise.
    Once other countries got their warmachine running, esp russia it started to look grim for the "Reich".

Same thing applies here: The initial thrust of Garroshs army is violent and unexpected. But once that momentum wears off, they really are just a bunch of cavemen.

I hope they deal with this orcish bullshit quickly and make room for the Legion. My Draenei needs to kick some demon butt.

Even if the Iron Horde ends up being replaced by say the Legion in the final patch or two of the expansion, we're still just fighting Alternate Legion most likely to prevent them from securing Draeneor and attacking Azeroth.

As for steamrolling the Iron Horde, it's because it's us, the players, fighting them. We steamroll everything. Oh sure here and there we'll get thrown a token loss like having to flee the LK in Halls of Reflection or Ozumat escaping with Neptulon etc. But by and large we are the most overpowered force in all of Azeroth.

The Scourge, the Legion, the Twilight's Hammer, etc. The only zone where I don't get the feeling I'm steamrolling the enemy is Vashj'ir because you're constantly getting your ass kicked by naga and having to flee and ultimately they win by breaching into the Abyssal Maw and stealing Neptulon. Beyond that we tend to almost always win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    Even if the Iron Horde ends up being replaced by say the Legion in the final patch or two of the expansion, we're still just fighting Alternate Legion most likely to prevent them from securing Draeneor and attacking Azeroth.

As for steamrolling the Iron Horde, it's because it's us, the players, fighting them. We steamroll everything. Oh sure here and there we'll get thrown a token loss like having to flee the LK in Halls of Reflection or Ozumat escaping with Neptulon etc. But by and large we are the most overpowered force in all of Azeroth.

The Scourge, the Legion, the Twilight's Hammer, etc. The only zone where I don't get the feeling I'm steamrolling the enemy is Vashj'ir because you're constantly getting your ass kicked by naga and having to flee and ultimately they win by breaching into the Abyssal Maw and stealing Neptulon. Beyond that we tend to almost always win.
    The thing is that in the past our enemies were at least intimidating. Both legion and scourge had big buildup in w3, and were in fact shown winning. Even iron army of yogg saron was pretty badass, with him being able to turn titan creations against them/us. And when you add somewhat enigmatic quote he and vezax throw when they die, you get pretty big threat that you take seriously. Not to mention possibility of titans blowing the planet.

With true horde (and iron horde) we get the "Trust us we are threat" kind of enemy. How was garrosh threat to azeroth is still out of my gasp, and so is what was his genius plan of forcing rest of the world to siege him. And with iron horde its even worse, they are just band of dumb cavemen after we already mercilessly owned far more advanced orcs. Can't we just send lvl 20 alliance players to deal with them ?

And by more to the story, i actually meant some of inner threat. Either wrathion pulling his agenda back on azeroth while we are distracted, or perhaps infinites going for the kill.

Nope.
    Axis was. Especially if they menaged to get nuclear weaponry.

The thing is that in the past our enemies were at least intimidating. Both legion and scourge had big buildup in w3, and were in fact shown winning. Even iron army of yogg saron was pretty badass, with him being able to turn titan creations against them/us. And when you add somewhat enigmatic quote he and vezax throw when they die, you get pretty big threat that you take seriously. Not to mention possibility of titans blowing the planet.

With true horde (and iron horde) we get the "Trust us we are threat" kind of enemy. How was garrosh threat to azeroth is still out of my gasp, and so is what was his genius plan of forcing rest of the world to siege him. And with iron horde its even worse, they are just band of dumb cavemen after we already mercilessly owned far more advanced orcs. Can't we just send lvl 20 alliance players to deal with them ?

And by more to the story, i actually meant some of inner threat. Either wrathion pulling his agenda back on azeroth while we are distracted, or perhaps infinites going for the kill.

Axis was. Especially if they menaged to get nuclear weaponry.
    I agree that Garrosh and the Iron Horde kind of fall flat as major enemies. Doesn't change the fact though that once the player gets involved it tends to turn into victory after victory after victory with just the occasional token defeat. The only real justification for the Garrosh thing was that if he'd managed to weaponize the Heart of Y'shaarj he'd have another super weapon to unleash and devastate his enemies. It is kind of funny though since Garrosh in The Shattering was implied to have a disdain for siege combat compared to the 'glory' of battle on an open field yet we have to fight through his city and find him at the very end of his bunker after having fought through his entire army.

Anyway the Iron Horde may not resonate as an equal to pervious villains to players but Blizz is clearly pushing them in that direction, between the 'suicide mission' to close the portal to buy time, the Alliance and Horde vanguard getting slaughtered after the portal is closed, etc. They're trying their hardest to pass them off as a worthy enemy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wrathion pull something or the Legion take a greater role as the patches progress, but our goal for coming here was never really to 'save' Draenor so I don't feel like it's against the point of coming here if we don't have a mass exosus of potential character doubles. Given their lack of desire to play with doubles at all in WoD itself (the double orc characters are already dead in our timeline, MU Velen bites the dust etc) I don't think we'll be taking too many people in from Draenor besides maybe a few select npcs like Yrel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This is something you just thought would sound right isn't it? It's probably a bug in the first place.. and if so Blizz really needs to either set things straight with high elf blood elf relations or just be done with it.. people trying to cover up the story is beyond rediculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    lets assume this whole thing is a bug or PH , if not this could simply be something with having Sunwell back... which IMO sounds to obvious to be true, but honestly I don't even want to try. Like right now everything we write down here is speculation and not something that is canon. So it's still something that maybe sounds right but itsn't ness true.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    How did the blood elven fel eye glint become so widespread? The Warcraft Encyclopedia suggests that Rommath only taught the blood elves of Azeroth about how to siphon arcane magic, as most of the populace would likely be "horrified" if they knew the true extent of Kael's dealings with Illidan.
    The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel'Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. Like the orcs' skin color, such an effect would take a very long time to wear off. Fel magic works a bit like radiation in this sense; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way. (AskCDev 3)

I think the more likely reason for the numerous blue eyed elves with the Sunsworn could be because Liadrin has Quel'delar. Auric was saying that the High and Blood Elves should rally behind the bearer of Quel'Delar. It could be that some of the less crazy elves (Kirin Tor, Quel'Danil Lodge, Allerian Stronghold, anything except Silver Covenant) joined under Liadrin to help her fight something that threatens both their people and their Alliance friends.

That would just be a lore explanation, though. It could be a bug. I don't see how Jaina and the Kirin Tor would take off their blinders enough to accept a High Elf who just didn't get out of Quel'Thalas soon enough and had green eyes. Alliance murder green eyed shopkeepers just because they wouldn't ally with the SC.

As such, I think Krelas is supposed to be a Kirin Tor High Elf that saw their bigotry, didn't like Jaina's poor handling of the Purge, and decided his loyalties lay with his people, rather than Jaina who needs some therapy to get over her bipolar-ness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    As much as it'd be nice to see the quel'dorei finally realising how dumb they where and have them start re-joining the Sin'dorei master race I doubt blizz even remembers doing the Quel'delar chain.

In fact I'm betting we're not going to learn anything new about the current blood/high elf conflict in WoD at all, it's going to be all about the light. That's it, people will be praising the light, planning battle strategies and getting slaughtered on a foolish crusade to help the draenei, I doubt they'll even remember the purge of dalaran.

Has anyone in beta seen one NPC talk about the purge or high/blood elf relations? Because from what I understand there isn't anything in there about either, just a slightly bugged NPC that blizzard are trying to figure out if he's a blood elf or high elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    I think the more likely reason for the numerous blue eyed elves with the Sunsworn could be because Liadrin has Quel'delar. Auric was saying that the High and Blood Elves should rally behind the bearer of Quel'Delar. It could be that some of the less crazy elves (Kirin Tor, Quel'Danil Lodge, Allerian Stronghold, anything except Silver Covenant) joined under Liadrin to help her fight something that threatens both their people and their Alliance friends.

That would just be a lore explanation, though. It could be a bug. I don't see how Jaina and the Kirin Tor would take off their blinders enough to accept a High Elf who just didn't get out of Quel'Thalas soon enough and had green eyes. Alliance murder green eyed shopkeepers just because they wouldn't ally with the SC.

As such, I think Krelas is supposed to be a Kirin Tor High Elf that saw their bigotry, didn't like Jaina's poor handling of the Purge, and decided his loyalties lay with his people, rather than Jaina who needs some therapy to get over her bipolar-ness.
    I do not think there are many sunsworns blue eyes, only know teris.
    http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=81946/ter...delviewer:10+0

however all unnamed NPC or at least most have high elves sounds, but her eyes are green or at least well seen on wowhead

example

http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=78618#modelviewer:10+0
    http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=78622#modelviewer:10+0
    http://wod.wowhead.com/npc=82644#modelviewer:10+0

P.D: sunsworn defender has blood elf sounds

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    How did the blood elven fel eye glint become so widespread? The Warcraft Encyclopedia suggests that Rommath only taught the blood elves of Azeroth about how to siphon arcane magic, as most of the populace would likely be "horrified" if they knew the true extent of Kael's dealings with Illidan.
    The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel'Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. Like the orcs' skin color, such an effect would take a very long time to wear off. Fel magic works a bit like radiation in this sense; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way. (AskCDev 3)
    I like your link and all, but this wasn't really .. o well --> .. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way.

I am kind of wondering how long it would take to change back for example. I mean we have the Sunwell back in all it's glory.

OT: Any way... we don't know if this blood elf npc has been using any fel magic in that time, hes eyes are still blue or once again this is a bug..
    Last edited by Alanar; 2014-07-30 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hmm, I was originally thinking maybe the eye thing with krelas was a temporary thing (Unless they're blue again...I'm getting confused here...) until they updated the models....but now they've delayed blood elf models...which makes me even more confused as to his fluctuating appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    the blood elves will overcome the foul draenei in a decisive victory.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems that blood elves just received a big hit to they pride, given that they will be a ugly duckling in 6.0
    I demand satisfaction !!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Nope.
    Blitzkrieg tactics overwhelmed and caught everyone by surprise.
    Once other countries got their warmachine running, esp russia it started to look grim for the "Reich".

Same thing applies here: The initial thrust of Garroshs army is violent and unexpected. But once that momentum wears off, they really are just a bunch of cavemen.

I hope they deal with this orcish bullshit quickly and make room for the Legion. My Draenei needs to kick some demon butt.
    Caveman? I really hope you are joking.

It seems that blood elves just received a big hit to they pride, given that they will be a ugly duckling in 6.0
    I demand satisfaction !!!!
    I want to choose eye color

I want some High Elves to quit the Kirin Tor, or for the Quel'Danil elves to rejoin Quel'Thalas, so we get a lore reason for choosing blue eyes, and a zone update.