WoD & Pestilence

As a blood DK who rolls Roiling Blood and loves AoE tanking with Blood Boil spam on live, I'm getting confused and slightly worried the more I read about the WoD changes.

If there are any DKs from our community in the alpha or have a better understanding of these changes, I have a few questions for you:

1. If Blood Boil is gone, do we have an snap AoE agro left? Does pestilence have a initial spike damage portion built in now?
    2. Prior I would Outbreak and Blood Boil and spam BB to keep up diseases with Roiling Blood. Does Roiling Blood still exist in any fashion or will we need to manual apply diseases that fall off again while Outbreak is on CD and re-Pestilrnce.
    3. Way less important in terms of mechanics, but I actually enjoyed the sound of BB AoE. Pestilence just has that weird subtle sound. Is that the new spell sound?

Thanks

The damage from blood boil is merged into pestilence, so that's your first two questions.

Don't know about the third.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    1. If Blood Boil is gone, do we have an snap AoE agro left? Does pestilence have a initial spike damage portion built in now?
    Pestilence functions exactly like Blood Boil does on live currently. It does not require diseases to do full damage (as is the case with all DK abilities in 6.0).

2. Prior I would Outbreak and Blood Boil and spam BB to keep up diseases with Roiling Blood. Does Roiling Blood still exist in any fashion or will we need to manual apply diseases that fall off again while Outbreak is on CD and re-Pestilrnce.
    Pestilence functions exactly as Blood Boil with Roiling Blood talented on live does currently. The Scent of Blood passive causes Pestilence to also refresh diseases. Note: there is currently a bug with Pestilence where the DoTs it spreads don't reset in duration, causing them to fall off in long AoE for Unholy in particular. This obviously doesn't affect Blood due to the SoB passive, but it's currently unclear as to whether that's intended behavior.

Contrary to my earlier assumptions, it would seem Pestilence has seen slight mechanical iterations from live to alpha. Gameplay-wise it'll work identically for Blood, but for Unholy specifically it'll function somewhat differently: If you have Scent of Blood, it will effectively recast each disease that they have (refreshing/extending BP/FF, and adding a stack to NP). If you don't have Scent of Blood, it will find the longest duration one of each type, and clone that copy to the other targets, replacing their current debuff (and yes, that applies to NP, even). Since Pestilence will always spread the disease set with the highest duration, this effectively means you'll always want to stick a one target as UH to extend your AoE diseases.

3. Way less important in terms of mechanics, but I actually enjoyed the sound of BB AoE. Pestilence just has that weird subtle sound. Is that the new spell sound?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJKe-OQ_K94

It sounds exactly like Blood Boil does and unless those blue checkered boxes are filled with the plague, it's logical to assume the graphic is a placeholder/bug.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2014-06-19 at 03:38 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    1) Pest will function similar to BB+RB (+BB glyph) now in that it will deal damage and spread diseases.
    2) BB resetting diseases has nothing to do with RB, that was Scarlet Fever, but the effect has been moved to SoB (the passive, not the stacks, it will function just like it does now)
    3) currently, as far as I know, Pest uses the BB sound

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Snip
    Super helpful response, thank you! Good thing to see that same playstyle is preserved just all contained in less abilities.