Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    I was referring to the future though, 5-10 years or so. I know the President has been trying to work with executive orders to reduce the debt burden on students with high amounts of student loan dept, but there is only so much he can do without changing legislation.
    In all seriousness, F loan forgiveness. They made the choice to take out that loan, why the hell should I pay for it? Hey, why not pay off their car loan too while we are at it! When I was in college I worked 32-40 hours a week during the semester, and 70-80 hours week between semesters & all summer so I could pay 90% of my college without taking any loans out. I literally slept, ate, studied, and worked for 4 years with no break and no vacations. I flat out busted my ass and now you want me to pay off the loans for my peers that couldn't be bothered to do the same thing. Hell No. At 18 you are a legal adult and should be held accountable for your actions. Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn View Post
    In all seriousness, F loan forgiveness. They made the choice to take out that loan, why the hell should I pay for it?
    You can refinance your car, boat, home etc loan. Why shouldn't you be able to refinance your school loan?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    What you are seeing is another big wave of the long-term unemployed being cut off from benefits and either moving onto welfare or becoming homeless. The unemployment rate only tracks people receiving benefits. It does not keep track of people who have entirely given up and become moochers, homeless, welfare kings/queens, or passed away mysteriously.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

The unemployment rate has much less to do with how many people are employed vs how many are unemployed as much as it has to do with how many are employed and how many are collecting unemployment benefit. If you are unemployed and not collecting, you are not on that list. I suspect the actual rate of unemployment is really much higher than data suggests. But without the figures are how many people are not collecting and not working it is very hard to tell......The reall figures could very well be double and the Government/Media has been misrepresenting it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The light I see at the end of the tunnel is one of false hope and delusion. What is the median income of families adjusted for inflation? Would be a more accurate figure. Many have stopped looking for jobs and are living with relatives. Also how many of those jobs added are for min wage workers?

This gives a more accurate story of the present economics in the US as far as median income for families when adjusted for inflation. http://advisorperspectives.com/dshor...ome-Update.php

For one, unemployment numbers along with the calculation of inflation is smoke and mirrors to help those in power here in the US.

In addition to the above, OP needs to understand the workforce participation rate. Once you figure out how those numbers play you will realize how screwed we really are. Whether you like it or not, maybe what our healthcare is becoming is a form of population control. Do you realize how many more people are collecting social security everyday? This isn't left vs right, this is reality. There is no way our current system will remain sustainable. Check this out: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...mong-young.htm

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the unemployment rate in Europe much higher than North America?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Isn't the unemployment rate in Europe much higher than North America?
    Yes, but there are lies, big lies and statistic. How many do work "black" to avoid to pay taxes (Greek) how many do not show up in the statistic because they run out of benefits (US)

My belief is if we counting unemployment rate at the same manner is that North Europe have lower unemployment rate then US, but South Europe have higher than US.