Deleted

Should I go arcane ?

Hey all , I've been trying to decide if it would be beneficial for me to go arcane or stay frost. I've not been lacking but I'm just feeling I've pushed frost as far as it's going to go and wondered if any people with heroic arcane experience could lend a hand

Profile here - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%AFzzle/simple

You can always try it, but you won't see too much of a benefit unless you have the right gear (Mastery > Haste), and you know how to play Arcane.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    gear aside, its all about utilizing and minimizing movement as arcane, all you gotta do is try to push as many casts out with minimal movement and without dying or taking un needed damage!

Oh look, another one.

Infracted. - Shang
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2014-06-19 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    Oh look, another one.
    People don't normally read stickies/rules; they just want immediate help to their problem and there's no real penalty to doing so besides having your thread locked (way after it's already answered), so... yeah.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    The forums and the posters are here to help each other. There are people who read the stickies and search for information and there are people who do not, the community is here to answer all questions regardless of method. And posts like Kenbud's serve nothing except to further deteriorate the mage community and its public image.

As for the original question, I can't really help you. I play Arcane on 25-man heroic, got the same progress as you and I enjoy it greatly. But I've been playing Arcane for 5 years now so it's no assurance. Though, as Polarthief correctly describes, you need to replace some items in order to reach the best stats for arcane, but also Arcane isn't easy to jump into on Heroic. If you've never played with Rune of Power, it takes a long time to adjust to it and it takes a long time to maximize your potential because a lot of the rotation comes from experience and "feel".

If you want to look at some item suggestions, here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...galar/advanced ... The only thing I'm missing from our progress level (not counting HCWF items) is the ring from Thok, but that's because I keep missing Thok kills, something always comes up in real life on those nights.

And finally, if you decide to switch, there are good guides here, on eu.battle.net mage forums, on altered-time and on icy veins. And we're always here to help.
    My magic will tear you apart.

You should definitely try out arcane and see if the style suits you. Check out arcane mage PoV videos on youtube or twitch if you want to know the spec better. Good luck, mate.

Stay frost. Most likely you are not as skilled at arcane and with your gear I think frost will be pulling much better numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    The forums and the posters are here to help each other. There are people who read the stickies and search for information and there are people who do not, the community is here to answer all questions regardless of method. And posts like Kenbud's serve nothing except to further deteriorate the mage community and its public image.
    So tired of you dude, deteriorate the mage community? Please. My post neither help nor hurt our dear community which is more then i can say for the plethora of these nearly identical threads. No logs, no specific inquiries, just more lazy, generic crap. Maybe if you grew some balls and told people, who apparently have never heard of Google, to stop being lazy dumbshits the word might get around and you guys wouldn't have to deal with the same shit every other day. Just a thought instead of infracting a usually helpful poster.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Arcane-or-Fire

Scroll to the bottom and check out Voltaa's comment. Although his attitude is closer to how i feel these threads should be treated he pretty much said the same exact thing i did except more harsh. Some more food for thought. Also i'll link the vid that was linked in that thread as it is interchangeable for this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvvNGeHHME

Love, Kenbud

amen friend, mage forums have gone to chit. cant say anything without getting infracted. the leash is 2 tight 4 me.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Enjoy the vacation Ken. I'll never forget!

OT: Your gear would be better suited to go Fire instead of Frost and the difference in playstyle isn't quite as drastic. Personally, I dislike the way Arcane plays of the three specs. I played Arcane back in Firelands and actually enjoyed that style more than its current iteration. While the gear swap to Fire from Frost is s lot more drastic, a lot of fights in SoO favor cleave mechanics and Fire does well on these. ST damage as Fire is far superior to Frost in most situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Ken, Fear - if you have a problem with mage forum moderation, please contact a Supermod and don't discuss it publicly.

@Fizzlemage - several people have already answered with tips and ideas. Additionally, it really is a good idea to search the forums for information before opening threads like this. This thread is being closes and if you have more questions ask in an existing thread.
    My magic will tear you apart.