Bear trap removal question

So the explanation given for Bear trap's removal was:

"@khaotickgaming I don't think it was a terrible idea, but its big reason for existing was removed, so we cut it."

So what was this "big reason" for the trap's existing that was removed?

Deleted
    The Readiness stat, at least that's what I assume. Along with the update that removed the stat they said something in the lines of ''...Survival no longer has the need for a cooldown so we scrapped Bear Trap''. Can't remember the exact words they used.

Readiness is right. It could only affect baseline abilities, not talents, and with rapid fire MM only and stampede a talent there was really nothing significant for readiness to buff on survival (apart from defensive/utility stuff), which would have made it effectively a worthless stat. They added bear trap to give something for readiness to improve, but then they scrapped readiness, so they decided bear trap was no longer needed either. That leaves survival with no baseline cooldowns again, but I believe their plan is to make its regular DPS rotation more dynamic to differentiate it from the other specs that have cooldowns.

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind, having no major cooldowns as survey, and just have it be a super dynamic specdoing them ������ deeps or however much we are gonna do in wod