Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    OP, Blizzard are a better judge of what the players want than you.

They look at their metrics and give the majority of players what they want, its how they stay on top.

Just because you might like to rerun raids over and over until your eyes bleed and you die inside from boredom, dont assume everybody likes what you do.

In fact assume your in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Why put so much time and effort into making all these new levling zones to get 90-100 when nobody cares about levling? Everyone is just rushing to max level anyways and then rest is a queue fest from town. Blizzard could save both us and themself alot of time by just not making them.
    This.

Go out to your server now and do a /who in any (non-starter) leveling zone. Every single non-MoP zone is absolutely deserted. It got so bad that Blizzard had to make those zones cross realm just to get 8+ people online at a time. Of course the situation is fine in the max level zones (Pandaria), so Blizzard didn't need to add CRZ for them. Nobody cares about leveling. People get to 90 by sitting in city and spamming queues. Even the MoP questing that is supposed to represent the best that Blizzard can come up with? People avoid MoP leveling like the plague - they'd rather do pet battles or pay someone 1k gold to fly them over to timeless isle so they can grind grubs.

The only people advocating making leveling content in this thread are most likely fanboys of other MMOs that are trying to get Blizzard to waste their time producing irrelevant content so WoD/WoW fails, and they can laugh about it while they reveal their true loyalty to Wildstar/Guild Wars 2 whatever.

Deleted
    I love leveling so much that I am the reason other game genre introduced leveling system in their games.

NOTE: "I am" being an entire generation that grown up with the RPG concept of story telling and leveling up in power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    This.

Go out to your server now and do a /who in any (non-starter) leveling zone. Every single non-MoP zone is absolutely deserted. It got so bad that Blizzard had to make those zones cross realm just to get 8+ people online at a time. Of course the situation is fine in the max level zones (Pandaria), so Blizzard didn't need to add CRZ for them. Nobody cares about leveling. People get to 90 by sitting in city and spamming queues. Even the MoP questing that is supposed to represent the best that Blizzard can come up with? People avoid MoP leveling like the plague - they'd rather do pet battles or pay someone 1k gold to fly them over to timeless isle so they can grind grubs.
    Yes, those places are empty because people hate leveling... No, wait, they are empty because people already leveled up on them.

Silly silly argument.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Why put so much time and effort into making all these new levling zones to get 90-100 when nobody cares about levling? Everyone is just rushing to max level anyways and then rest is a queue fest from town. Blizzard could save both us and themself alot of time by just not making them.
    I love leveling. I love raiding. I love Pet Battles. I love dungeons.
    My wife loves leveling. She loves pet battles. She hates raiding. She doesn't mind dungeons.

Get the idea that you are selfish?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    This.

Go out to your server now and do a /who in any (non-starter) leveling zone. Every single non-MoP zone is absolutely deserted.
    Bad comparison. When you have much more zones between 1-60 than a typical expansion leveling period, with those 1-60 zones only containing five levels of content, with leveling being as quick as it is, with you only being able to view your own faction, with fluctuating server populations depending on the time, with them most likely being alts, it's an unfair assumption to make that people disliking leveling are the reason for empty zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's a great idea. We should just get rid of 50% of the game so that for every expansion, all we get are a couple of new dungeons and raids that have no point to them, no story or anything just killing random unknown bosses and their minions and collecting loot, that we can grind over and over so that we can look cool in our super powered gear and then get bored and complain that there isn't enough content. It's all about getting bigger numbers in our stats.

Seriously though speak for yourself. Just because you and a handful of other people hate leveling (which I also would question them as to why they are playing an RPG then) doesn't mean everybody else does. Me, I absolutely enjoy leveling. I love following the story the quest has and getting immersed into it. If you hate leveling then WoW, hell, RPGs in general aren't your kind of game since that is like one of the biggest aspects of them. You're not going to have an RPG where it throws you right into the end game at max level fighting the end game bosses.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-06-19 at 10:21 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    If you hate leveling then WoW, hell, RPGs in general aren't your kind of game since that is like one of the biggest aspects of them. You're not going to have an RPG where it throws you right into the end game at max level fighting the end game bosses.
    I am glad Blizzard is letting me pay money to skip the biggest aspect of the game and throw me right into end game where I want in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Bad comparison. When you have much more zones between 1-60 than a typical expansion leveling period, with those 1-60 zones only containing five levels of content, with leveling being as quick as it is, with you only being able to view your own faction, with fluctuating server populations depending on the time, with them most likely being alts, it's an unfair assumption to make that people disliking leveling are the reason for empty zones.
    /who ragefire chasm right now (dead time during the day) 76 players on my server ... yup it's the leveling zones that are ghost towns.

I like the leveling grind over the gear grind.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who read quests and enjoys leveling with my wife, I disagree.

This like a lot of other complaints can be summarised as follows.
    "I am upset that blizzard are designing content which does not appeal to me personally, therefore I dictate that it is a waste of time and resources."

Levelling content is only appealing once to most players.
    How would you suggest making low level areas equally attractive to higher level players without resorting to cheap tactics like phasing which aren't actually solving the issue, but in effect creating a new zone.
    This is one of the biggest reasons why I am against the flying restrictions, because those zones can only be properly aimed at one audience.
    Either levelling players or those at the level cap (at the time).
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-06-19 at 10:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I have played this game since 2005. In all that time, countless 40man raids in ventrillo, 25 man raids, Season after Season pushing 2200+ I have never ever ever encountered anyone in general or in vent and skype that said "I love leveling and questing". I just think this thread is full of trolls. Sorry let's keep it real people

Nobody cares about it because of the neglect that aspect of the game has been subject to. Leveling used to be a core aspect of RPGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like leveling, the story that goes into it always has me hooked, however if they starting making content that was basically just raids and new types of pvp. No new zones or anything. I would be alright with that :P
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

Quote Originally Posted by Troopsmith View Post
    Leveling and questing is my favorite part of the game, actually.
    same here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only is there another thread already open about leveling to and past 100, a thread started with "nobody cares about xxx" never ends well. Speaking for everyone isn't a good way to start things.