Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Probably going to be late, but; Plenty of people in this thread keeps giving 1 example of a game or character that is an exception of the argument to prove that there's no problem. There exists exceptions of every goddamned thing ever.

These sets exist, they were exclusively for the female toon. Theur age doesn't make it different. There is a few skimpy gear pieces male toons can use, but they're usually the same for female toons. What this example showcases is 1 set of gear that looks different depening on the gender it's worn on. Females have a skimpy, hardly protective model, while males has it covering most of their bodies, and it serves its intended purpose for them. This example exist in many, many other games.

Another thing as well is dialogue (not specifically meaning wow here) you get depending on the characters gender you play.

Either way, the 1-example argument goes both ways.

Women in games exist (and there are ones that're good/strong/solid characters), however, they're mostly under-represented, under-advertised, and get treated differently than the men.

The problem isn't that things need to be more PC, or taking anyones toys away, far from. What I'm advocating for, I can't speak for others, is just more diversity and the closest to equal representation possible without it being forced or shoehorned in. That mneans something like "Here's our awesome new game! Here's an awesome dude and an awesome dudette, now go play around with whatever you want!" If someone wants to play Helga the massively buff, wearing full set of 'man'-armor running around with a a gargantuan mace and smashing things into goo, let them. If someone wants to play Herman the ninja-ballarina decekd in pink, let them. If someone wants to play the standard spehss mehreen, let them! If someone wants to play some Jessica Rabbit lookalike, sure, let them! All of these things and everything in between deserve a spot and equal treatment.

Both genders deserve equal treatment and fair representation, same with different races. That doesn't at all mean parodies and stereotypes can't be used, just use them properly etc.

Techincally speaking, everything goes, when everything has a good, solid place to stand on.
    Those bikinis aren't common though. That was also a cloth set he posted.. cloth armor doesn;t protect from axes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    But hey, you guys are right. Women have NO place in playing video games, and should stay in the kitchen making sandwiches. And yes, I agree that I'm worse than Hitler, Mussolini, and Kim Kardashian combined for giving a phony answer to a question that was designed to not have an answer for in the first place.
    Yeah... we totally said women have no place in playing video games....

Actually the point being made was that feminists have created a problem where none exists. Demanding other people change their creations to suit the feminists agenda. There is absolutely nothing stopping women from playing games, them not liking content of a specific game isn't stopping them from playing games at all. That is like me saying I don't like rap so I can't go to any concerts.

And if women really feel that strongly about how they are represented in games they need to make games that cater to their views and feelings instead of trying to force others to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Those bikinis aren't common though. That was also a cloth set he posted.. cloth armor doesn;t protect from axes anyway.

To get back on the whole 'kini thing. I count only one set in WoD, and two in Cataclysm, that can even slightly qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    So many stereotypes. So much sexism.
    It isn't sexism if it's true. Just look at the Offtopic forums.

I still recall that thread where a girl poisoned 12 people because she was forced to marry someone and most women were cheering for her.

Reverse the situation, they'd want the guy dead.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It isn't sexism if it's true.

Oh, don't you know? Pointing out that it is dangerous and harmful that men and women alike are more prone to believe a woman on her word than a man is just as bad as hating women, and would quite easily believe it if a woman were to just scream "MUH-SOH-JINIST". You filthy sexist!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It isn't sexism if it's true. Just look at the Offtopic forums.

I still recall that thread where a girl poisoned 12 people because she was forced to marry someone and most women were cheering for her.

Reverse the situation, they'd want the guy dead.
    was also the other thread where a woman attacked a 16yr old boy (a minor) and only got 2 mister-miner charges..

But hey, you guys are right. Women have NO place in playing video games
    Who is saying women aren't allowed to play video games? I thought the debate was about: "Should consumers have the power to dictate & censor artists and their work?".
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

True, but that wasn't what I specified. Clothing protects from elements and weather as well. Either way, even if you just narrow it down aesthetocally, skimpy clothes/armor for women gets real old for some people, be they male or female. Options will only help that, and will in no way hinder you, of you like it, it is after all just choices.

That's all I'd want out of the whole thing really. Just more choices within games.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    To get back on the whole 'kini thing. I count only one set in WoD, and two in Cataclysm, that can even slightly qualify.
    Thats what I mean. If almost every tier set or LFr set was a bikini I would agree with these two complaints. But DAMN. They are so rare, you could have to go out and specifically hunt for those set to be "subjected' tot he torture or wearing skimpy clothes. Transmog literally invalidates this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I came here, saw you spouting some bullshit, then didn't see you supply evidence, then saw you refuse to supply evidence "cuz i dont get believeded anyway!!! boo hoo", and now see you dodging it some more. So.. when you gonna link this evidence, for real?
    You know what. If it'll get you to shut your mouth. I'll count them by hand.

-Aegis set exposes the midriff.
    -Amani Regalia exposes cleavage
    -Battleplate of Radiant Glory exposes the midriff
    -Beast Lord Armor exposes the midriff
    -Betrayer Regalia exposes cleavage and midriff
    -Black Dragon Mail
    -Bloodmail Regalia
    -Bold Armor

Ok, this is taking forever, but those were the major ones I counted out of 80 sets (with lookalikes, but without recolors). Treating this as a...somewhat random sample, and being generous by counting lookalikes (which I probably shouldn't), that gives us 10%. So yes, from that preliminary search, the 92% that I gave was most assuredly BS.

Additionally, it looks like that most of the "stripperiffic" gear is either green or blue quality, whereas epic gear does a better job of covering. So take that as you will.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    True, but that wasn't what I specified. Clothing protects from elements and weather as well. Either way, even if you just narrow it down aesthetocally, skimpy clothes/armor for women gets real old for some people, be they male or female. Options will only help that, and will in no way hinder you, of you like it, it is after all just choices.

That's all I'd want out of the whole thing really. Just more choices within games.
    There are plenty of options though!!! One cloth armor from level ~45 doesn't a trend make! Transmog is literally the option you want ..

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    was also the other thread where a woman attacked a 16yr old boy (a minor) and only got 2 mister-miner charges..
    Yay for equality.

I know the thread.

Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Yeah... we totally said women have no place in playing video games....

Actually the point being made was that feminists have created a problem where none exists. Demanding other people change their creations to suit the feminists agenda. There is absolutely nothing stopping women from playing games, them not liking content of a specific game isn't stopping them from playing games at all. That is like me saying I don't like rap so I can't go to any concerts.

And if women really feel that strongly about how they are represented in games they need to make games that cater to their views and feelings instead of trying to force others to.
    No, you misunderstand, at least in the sense I think of it; it isn't to change existing games, that would be ridiculous. Not even existing IP's. My hopes is that developers would just up their game a little and make more choice and variety in their characters and character developments, aesthetics and such. Nothing as such has to change for you, if you have all the the options to play the game the way you want to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jordonus View Post
    I'm not? You are the one here who is admittedly neither female nor gay and is making claims left and right about what women and gays want.
    As i said, i read a lot of game feedback. And things i always read are "Please let me disable nude skin gear" and "Please add romance content for gay people!".

Then stop making claims about what they want.
    I never claimed anything. But you probably should reread my part about properties and preferences again.

And the demographic that the game is targeted towards is indeed treated based on their preferences and properties, both male and female.
    If you ever should watch how blizzard communicates, you would find out whom they target. And its surely not woman or gay / lesbian / bi.

Yeah, totally. It's way more convenient to play a game that has no content at all because all of development resources went to character customization for every single person in the game from regular males/females to furries to otherkin and multiples.
    We talk abot hundred million dollar games, dont we? AAA games? And you want to tell me they cant afford to add that content?

Where the fuck are you coming up with princes and princesses now?
    You know, typical RPG scenarios. Probably you dont know what i talk about as you treat your game as a action fps, but still..

Men look for physical traits that largely represent good genes which we call attractiveness and women tend to look more for things like social status/wealth/security/ability to provide so they have the best possible chance of producing successful offspring. This is how our species works, just like many other animals. This has nothing to do with being "conservative".
    It has, as it is not "nature", but "education". Men and woman could switch roles without a problem if girls werent tought to become house wives and guys could become house guys if they werent told they have to go out and do the hunting.

It infact is a conservative approach and also far away from nowadadays reality. As woman as like man work today, and as woman as like man care about parenting.

No, there is no gene which tells you to "look for physical traits" or "to look more for things like social status/wealth/security/ability". You are mistaken here, sir. And the only thing that your ideas are build upon are your opinion in this case. Nothing else.

Absolutely, I meant to say gay romance scenes in the game. And since there are basically no romance scenes in the game at all (which I assumed you already knew) it really comes off quite differently.
    With "the game" i refer to any kind of RPG.

There are plenty of options though!!! One cloth armor from level ~45 doesn't a trend make! Transmog is literally the option you want ..
    Clinging on to wow alone for examples aren't going to help. I only used the wow example to go from because it was the one used in the post I went out from.

I mean games in general.

Equality! Only when it benefits us!

- - - Updated - - -

You know what. If it'll get you to shut your mouth. I'll count them by hand.

-Aegis set exposes the midriff.
    -Amani Regalia exposes cleavage
    -Battleplate of Radiant Glory exposes the midriff
    -Beast Lord Armor exposes the midriff
    -Betrayer Regalia exposes cleavage and midriff
    -Black Dragon Mail
    -Bloodmail Regalia
    -Bold Armor

Ok, this is taking forever, but those were the major ones I counted out of 80 sets (with lookalikes, but without recolors). Treating this as a...somewhat random sample, and being generous by counting lookalikes (which I probably shouldn't), that gives us 10%. So yes, from that preliminary search, the 92% that I gave was most assuredly BS.

Additionally, it looks like that most of the "stripperiffic" gear is either green or blue quality, whereas epic gear does a better job of covering. So take that as you will.

This was about stripperific/bikini gear, was it not? I would really only count Amani stuff there. Betrayer is because it's Illidan/Demon Hunter gear, which is stripperific for both, because Demon Hunters are bare chested.

There is way to much non-constructive posting going on here. As the discussion has turned into beating a dead horse with another dead horse, we're closing this thread down before any further violation of forum rules occurs.