Hc Malkorok Swirls Question

On hc malk (and possibly norm too, but I hadnt noticed it in norm) if someone soaking a swirly dies from it, does it act like no one soaked it and deal the raid wide damage? Cause I swear I've see this happening.
    Can anyone confirm this?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. If somebody dies from the damage, it will NOT explode all over the raid's face.

No. but if say someone uses BoP or something to completely immune the dmg it will go off.

10+ Year Old Account
    BoP gives immunity to physical dmg, not magical. As a paladin, I've stood on said voids swirls and successfully managed to not make them explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    BoP gives immunity to physical dmg, not magical. As a paladin, I've stood on said voids swirls and successfully managed to not make them explode.
    Ahh that's wired our paladin always told me he couldn't pop it cuz pool would explode the lieing scum!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyfap View Post
    Ahh that's wired our paladin always told me he couldn't pop it cuz pool would explode the lieing scum!
    Yeah, immunities are fine (though BoP would do nothing in this case). I can personally confirm CoS, Bubble, and Deterrence (though I'm not sure if it immunes it or just provides DR) all work. I'm sure everything else does as well. Usually people use them to clear orbs though, not soak puddles.

That's news, I was quite sure that immunities counted as no one being in them.

On my original point, is perhaps the swirl animation bigger than the actual effect? Cause I really thought I've seen them exploding all over the raids face with people in them...
    Could it be something else that's happening?
    Like, the first few swirls go fine, no problem, then like the 3rd or 4th one goes boom. It doesn't make sense since if people ARE soaking the first, why would that change by the later ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post

On my original point, is perhaps the swirl animation bigger than the actual effect? Cause I really thought I've seen them exploding all over the raids face with people in them...
    Like, the first few swirls go fine, no problem, then like the 3rd or 4th one goes boom. It doesn't make sense since if people ARE soaking the first, why would that change by the later ones.
    The swirl graphic is honestly pretty generous, I've been on the tail end of some of them just to be in melee range of the boss and have never really had problems.

There is a bug that causes the pool to go off when someone is very clearly in it. It's very rare (happened maybe 1 in 20 pulls on progression) and I haven't seen it happen in months, however. It might even be fixed now.

As Tatsh said, the effect is actually probably bigger than the graphic. I hang out on the very edge all the time to continue meleeing.

It sounds like people are just being bad. Everyone needs to plan routes around the orbs and be deliberate with their placement.

I think it really depends on when you use the immunity.
    I seemed to have issues when I used AMS before going into the circle. The circle would then typically explode.
    If i was standing in it then used AMS I never had any issues. Might be same issue with pally bubble (but that's typically better for orbs anyways)

ams works really oddly sometimes though