Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

end leveling at 100 already

I sincerely hope leveling is done after WoD. There is absolutely no point. There is plenty of leveling content if people like to level. Gear and other progressions can take the place of leveling.

Take Zul'Drak for example. how long did it take to design that zone? There is literally nothing to do other than 2 hours of leveling quests. It pains me to think of how much dev time was devoted to creating such a pointless zone, probably at the expense of a raid tier.

I fully support the creation of new zones of max level content. Imagine an expansion where the whole continent has max level stuff.

bottom line: leveling sucks
    the only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about.
    -Oscar Wilde

Leveling is what I love the most. More adventures on my main! lvling alts: fuck that!
    I have to admit... after WoD lvl 105 or 110 will look and feel... weird
    Quote Originally Posted by themightysven View Post
    don't forget he who Sargeras fears: Milhouse Manastorm. (Stonecore was merely a setback)
    My armory

Pandaren Monk
    What was wrong with Zul'Drak lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    What was wrong with Zul'Drak lol?
    it's useless after 2 hours... opportunity cost
    -Oscar Wilde

I kinda' like the idea of an expanson for the same lvl as the one before. But i don't think that Blizzard has such an amount of balls or that most people would agree with it. It would be a big risk. But maybe they should consider it for the future.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Leveling is what I love the most. More adventures on my main! lvling alts: fuck that!
    I have to admit... after WoD lvl 105 or 110 will look and feel... weird
    You can adventure through questing. Leveling serves to reset gear and set a power level for NPCs. It would be possible for WoW to stop having leveling between expansions but people would want something to do with their XP and there would need to be some other form of difficulty indicator for NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro View Post
    I kinda' like the idea of an expanson for the same lvl as the one before. But i don't think that Blizzard has such an amount of balls or that most people would agree here.
    if they're willing to get rid of flying, i think they can pull this off.

all you need to do is create a new continent (or some equivalent) and have everything (gear, mobs, bosses) in that continent far more powerful than the previous continent.
    -Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by beardedcandy View Post
    Besides the dailies people did there, rare spawn hunting, mat gathering and going to and from dungeons when you had to do such things. I have another idea why don't we get rid of pvp and raids, way more development goes into that stuff.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

I personally really love questing, don't really care that it's max level or not. What would the difference be between a continent full of max level quests or a continent with quests that get you an addiational 10 levels higher? The time spent making said content is pretty much the same. It might take a bit more balancing to make content which people level through. As far as leveling/questing is balanced that is.

Quote Originally Posted by beardedcandy View Post
    You can stil kill 999999999999 raptors for a pet tho. Or tame a hunter pet.

But yeah its a good idea to stop lvling at 100. They could just lvl a gear with each new expansion. However they would have to lock the zone till you complete every quest in that zone.

Oh look, its another "I personally dislike this, therefore it should be removed from the game" topic. I've never seen one of these before.

Many people love leveling, myself among them. Especially in story-rich zones. Thankfully Blizzard has confirmed that 100 is not the final level in WoW, so I'm afraid you won't get your wish.

I'd snidely tell you to go play Call of Duty if you hate leveling so much, but you actually level up in that too.
    I'm not a defender of Blizzard, I'm an opponent of stupid.

How about we just remove raiding and have nothing but leveling? Raid zones take up too much resources from leveling zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How about we just remove raiding and have nothing but leveling? Raid zones take up too much resources from leveling zones.
    you have a point, kind of. but the game has shifted toward end-game content LOOOONG ago. refocusing wow on leveling would kill wow.
    -Oscar Wilde

in a moba like wow, levels are kinds useless tbh, they could just aswell scrap that idea

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    One day they are going to shutdown WoW and this website is going to implode. Mind blown right?

just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean that everybody hates it. some people love levelling, some people hate it. some people love PVP, some people hate it. same can be said for raiding, dailies, etc... for everyone who'd be glad to see something they hate removed there'd be a lot of people upset about it and with something as significant as levelling it would likely hurt subscription and expansion sales
    I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me...
    read my weirdness!
    or play my Portal 2 chambers! or both!

Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Because it can cause confusion... By having each expansion require the individual to level, it's almost impossible to be confused. Lets say someone is starting a raid and invites everyone. As people are entering, 10+ people can't enter because they don't have the latest expansion. This creates confusion and now the raid leader has to go back and fill in the empty slots. Out of those 10 replacements, there's a chance some of them might not have the expansion. By having each person level w/ each new expansion, it's safe to assume someone has the expansion if they're the max level.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Maybe some of the gameplay ideas from Diablo could help with that ;D
    Druid since Feb. 06

MMOs need treadmills. Levelling is just one such treadmill but it is the most immediately rewarding one. It's not going anywhere. You'd be smarter to ask for more alternative treadmills.

I keep saying they should introduce a Paragon leveling system after 100. Nobody wants to be level 110; that looks terrible. 100 is a good stopping point and from there on out they can have account leveling - like SWTOR's Legacy system. Raise that cap every expansion from here on out.
    "The Thread Ender" - No seriously, whenever I enter a thread, people stop talking. Wtf guys, is it something I said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every modern Blizzard game has a forum on MMO-Champion. This is primarily a World of Warcraft and associated Blizzard games website and forum.
    ...Except for Starcraft II and Hearthstone.