Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Why are people so excited by the idea of capping crit, haste and multistrike and having no benefit from gear except their primary stat
    This is one of the main issues there isn't a really elegant solution to. If they just keep releasing tiers without providing a gear reset everyone will just hit 100% crit, be GCD capped, multistrike capped, mastery capped for a few classes, etc. If they change the stat conversion rates when the new expansion comes out then they'd have to nerf all previous tiers and mobs and everything into the ground. Stat squish all over again.

The next expansion after WoD will likely go to 110 and then life will go on as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Blizzard hasn't figured that out yet.
    I think they have, but they don't seem to be able to create 5 mans much faster than raids.

People are already whining that WoD isn't a proper expansion. Now take away extra zones and levels and they'll be right

Retired raider coming back for WoD.
    WoD BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by beardedcandy View Post
    bottom line: leveling sucks
    if you dont wanna level DONT fucking play a RP-Game !
    JAY-how-long-does-it-take-me-to-get-LOCKed-out-again in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    You seem to have a strong dislike of people that you deem inferior (based on whatever criteria) having the same things as you, even if they look slightly different and are much weaker than your version (ie LFR tier), based on some abstract concept that you "deserve" it and they do not, based again on some arbitrary criteria.

I sincerely hope raiding is done after WoD. There is absolutely no point. There is plenty of content if people like to raid. Gear and other progressions can take the place of raiding

Take SOO for example. how long did it take to design that raid? There is literally nothing to do other than 2 hours of Reeunning the same crap. It pains me to think of how much dev time was devoted to creating such a pointless raid, probably at the expense of a worthy content and innovation.

bottom line: raiding sucks
    Modified to make sense

Take Zul'Drak for example. how long did it take to design that zone? There is literally nothing to do other than 2 hours of leveling quests. It pains me to think of how much dev time was devoted to creating such a pointless zone, probably at the expense of a raid tier.
    I'm in Zul'Drak right now with a Hunter I'm leveling. All the WotLK zones are amazing to look at and have an epic feel. The content sadly is totally out of tune with player power now. I'm just cruising along one-shotting everything as I do enough quests and dungeons to level.

It would really be great if Blizzard could find some way to put these old zones back into play. The whole concept of leveling out of areas and then never seeing them again is just kind of a silly MMO convention.

I'd hate to see WoW devolve into World of Raids and Arenas where all we do is park in our Garrison and run a variety of instanced content. A better solution would be to still give us the cool zones but somehow make them permanent play zones rather than one time leveling zones.

hello there...

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I keep saying they should introduce a Paragon leveling system after 100. Nobody wants to be level 110; that looks terrible. 100 is a good stopping point and from there on out they can have account leveling - like SWTOR's Legacy system. Raise that cap every expansion from here on out.
    i want to be level 110. i just disproved your statement.

- - - Updated - - -

I sincerely hope leveling is done after WoD. There is absolutely no point. There is plenty of leveling content if people like to level. Gear and other progressions can take the place of leveling.

Take Zul'Drak for example. how long did it take to design that zone? There is literally nothing to do other than 2 hours of leveling quests. It pains me to think of how much dev time was devoted to creating such a pointless zone, probably at the expense of a raid tier.

I fully support the creation of new zones of max level content. Imagine an expansion where the whole continent has max level stuff.

leveling is a core mechanic of rpgs.

Made a thread to show an alternate level progression: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tely-different!

I sincerely hope leveling is done after WoD. There is absolutely no point. There is plenty of leveling content if people like to level. Gear and other progressions can take the place of leveling.

I fully support the creation of new zones of max level content. Imagine an expansion where the whole continent has max level stuff.

What would be the difference between gaining a new arbitrary number while still having to progress your toon through the zones without gaining one? Just a number right? Thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    I'm in Zul'Drak right now with a Hunter I'm leveling. All the WotLK zones are amazing to look at and have an epic feel. The content sadly is totally out of tune with player power now. I'm just cruising along one-shotting everything as I do enough quests and dungeons to level.

It would really be great if Blizzard could find some way to put these old zones back into play. The whole concept of leveling out of areas and then never seeing them again is just kind of a silly MMO convention.

I'd hate to see WoW devolve into World of Raids and Arenas where all we do is park in our Garrison and run a variety of instanced content. A better solution would be to still give us the cool zones but somehow make them permanent play zones rather than one time leveling zones.
    A little off topic, but how does it feel with purely the gear you get from drops/quests? No BOA/AH gear.
    Edit: Im asking because I find the idea of it being maybe a little more challenging leveling intriguing(I know from 80-90 is easy).
    Last edited by Ineluki; 2014-06-20 at 01:47 AM.

100 is just a number -blizzard

if you hate leveling. how about you man up and buy the boost for $60

Honestly, I enjoy levelling for the most part. I'm not sure why they'd scrap it, just because triple digits are on the horizon. If you don't like levelling after the first couple of characters, you can buy the boost now. Simple, easy.

Go play a different game, it seems RPG's are not for you.

Levelling in an MMORPG? Kill it with fire so PvPers can pretend it's a MOBA.

Quote Originally Posted by raviadso View Post
    Levelling in an MMORPG? Kill it with fire so PvPers can pretend it's a MOBA.
    i thought PvP was for the call of duty kids.
    ok joking aside.

RPG, leveling is an element to it. so suck it up buttercup and deal with it. or you know you can pay for the boost like i said before.

No thanks. I enjoy leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    A little off topic, but how does it feel with purely the gear you get from drops/quests? No BOA/AH gear.
    Edit: Im asking because I find the idea of it being maybe a little more challenging leveling intriguing(I know from 80-90 is easy).
    I'm using heirloom armor but many of the pieces are either leather or have PVP stats so I'm not totally optimized.

And I'm using a quest green bow. Still my aimed shot hits for 13 to 14K against mobs 1 level above me that have 10K health. So basically I just roam around one-shotting things with aimed shot. Even if I was using quest greens and dungeon blues it might drop my aimed shot by a couple thousand but I'd still one or two shot anything.

What's frustrating is that I'd like to move to a more challenging zone but the game won't let me. Everything is so intensely level locked that if I'm 75 and try going to the 76 zone it literally won't give me a single quest. The other thing that sucks is that they removed all the elite mobs which would have still been a challenge - now they are about as frail as normal quest mobs but just have a "!" by their name to indicate they are special, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    I'm using heirloom armor but many of the pieces are either leather or have PVP stats so I'm not totally optimized.

And I'm using a quest green bow. Still my aimed shot hits for 13 to 14K against mobs 1 level above me that have 10K health. So basically I just roam around one-shotting things with aimed shot. Even if I was using quest greens and dungeon blues it might drop my aimed shot by a couple thousand but I'd still one or two shot anything.

What's frustrating is that I'd like to move to a more challenging zone but the game won't let me. Everything is so intensely level locked that if I'm 75 and try going to the 76 zone it literally won't give me a single quest. The other thing that sucks is that they removed all the elite mobs which would have still been a challenge - now they are about as frail as normal quest mobs but just have a "!" by their name to indicate they are special, lol.

Herald of the Titans
    leveling has actually become one of the main things that draws me to games anymore these days. 7-10 years ago, i would have said pvp or balance or end game content but in my older age and lesser play time i would instead like to use my gaming time to log on to a game for an hour or two and get immersed in the story and leveling process. unfortunately i havent really been excited about WoW's leveling/questing in quite some time. the interesting story for me really ended when we disposed of illidan and arthas. i liked a little bit of Cata leveling but overall it was pretty "meh" i dont have much interest in MoP, it just personally feels out of place to me in Warcraft but hey others like/liked it so it is what it is.

the fact that theyve said they are/were going to devote some time to end game leveling is something that i actually find appealing. it might not get me to buy WoD but its enough to grab my attention and interest me enough to follow the game a bit more closely. if the leveling is actually good and tells a nice part of the story i could see myself maybe picking the game back up when it goes on sale or something, however given blizzards track record, im going to wait a bit before i decide.

tldr - i dont think removing leveling would accomplish anything really except piss off the people who do enjoy it, because lets face it, youre not going to quit the game because you have to spend 10 hours at the beginning of the expansion to reach max level, and if you do, then theres probably not any mmo out there that would satisfy you

How about we start levelling backward again when we hit 100 and get an asterisk next to our names. You lose abilities and the ability to wear gear at each level until you are a wee baby back in the starting zone.

Who wants to be the first level 1* character on the server?