Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I personally really love questing, don't really care that it's max level or not. What would the difference be between a continent full of max level quests or a continent with quests that get you an addiational 10 levels higher? The time spent making said content is pretty much the same. It might take a bit more balancing to make content which people level through. As far as leveling/questing is balanced that is.
    When you posted this did you not think about how crazy the power creep would be if we remained at the same level while gear got stronger? Just look at all the ridiculous things level 80s did with MoP itemized world blues to see why this is a terrible idea.

Can't wait for the expansion after WoD so we will finally see the end of the whole debate over the arbitrary number 100.

Quote Originally Posted by beardedcandy View Post
    Take Zul'Drak for example. how long did it take to design that zone? There is literally nothing to do other than 2 hours of leveling quests. It pains me to think of how much dev time was devoted to creating such a pointless zone, probably at the expense of a raid tier.
    I remember my first time leveling in Northrend, I went through Zul'Drak. My thoughts at the time: "this is the best leveling zone ever".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I sincerely hope leveling is done after WoD. There is absolutely no point. There is plenty of leveling content if people like to level. Gear and other progressions can take the place of leveling.

Take Zul'Drak for example. how long did it take to design that zone? There is literally nothing to do other than 2 hours of leveling quests. It pains me to think of how much dev time was devoted to creating such a pointless zone, probably at the expense of a raid tier.

I fully support the creation of new zones of max level content. Imagine an expansion where the whole continent has max level stuff.

bottom line: leveling sucks
    Oh go away with your stupid raid tier. I hate raids, they are a waste of time and resources. Next expansion should be leveling only, and instead of new raid tiers in patches, they can make new leveling zones. And maybe some PvP stuff.
    "When you understand why you dismiss all the other gods people believe in, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro View Post
    Maybe some of the gameplay ideas from Diablo could help with that ;D
    Don't even joke about that. We don't need -THAT- game to infect WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Because on MMO-Champion, people complain about everything, even people who complain about complaining. It is a vortex of whine so powerful, that if we could harness the energy of said whining, we could decrease the reliance on fossil fuels by 90%! (since people complain that when you cite a statistic, you make the number up.)

Leveling isnt a problem, is dragging the whole system too much, look at jade forest, a huge zone to just get 1 level, 2 with the nerf. How many days in /played you need to reach lvl 90 without heirlooms? leveling in wow isnt fun or challenging, its just a mindless and boring grind. Maybe it will be better in WoD but i doubt it, honestly there is no reason to design a new continent with 6 zones when 5 of them are irrelevant after you reach max lvl.

So we're going to remove /the/ core element of RPG gameplay that's been the core since the pen and paper days?

What?

-- Signature by /the/ Crazytaco --

But, levelling is a major part of the RPG nature.

Loving to level, well, semi loving. Currently levelling is so damn easy that it isn't so fun. Still fun to make people go "WTF, another alt?!". Put it in the middle again with levelling, not vanilla/TBC grindfest but not MoP 'Oops, already 90' levelling.

Wouldn't mind a break on the levelling if a paragon system is introduced but right now, I doubt it. Rather wish to see more zones as well but if no levelling then I am more scared we would be stuck in a major zone.

More eventful world bosses could be fun to see, maybe. They could be granting X buff for Y currency to be used for progressing a zone developing.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

the first time you level through new zones with your main is the best experience this game has to offer for me. (closely followed by raiding)

the adventures you had with your character, the memories you build and then creating new memories in the new content is so enjoyable.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    the first time you level through new zones with your main is the best experience this game has to offer for me. (closely followed by raiding)

the adventures you had with your character, the memories you build and then creating new memories in the new content is so enjoyable.
    First and second if you are on both factions. Many quests are made wonderful.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

Paragon leveling would be the best alternative. Or some other means of character progression. Many MMOs don't even have or prioritize a leveling system anymore, it's becoming a dated concept.

Being level 110 would look and feel too weird. I don't think they'll do that. If they didn't care about looks they wouldn't be doing the number squish.

We need leveling with expansions to "reset" the gear and player power.
    Look at what kind of ridiculous stat numbers we're able to get with SoO gear. Monks/Fury warriors are already crit capped (monks since ToT), we have so much stat points we don't know where to allocate them anymore. Leveling process "resets" it. At 100 we'll again be sitting at 5% crit, 0 haste, barely any mastery, slowly getting those percentages up with next raid tiers.. But eventually we'll reach the same situation we have now.
    And Blizz eithers have to just strip all the gear from people, reset all the pieces to expansion start's level - or just give us few levels to level up, so we won't notice that gear strip that much.
    Leveling is not going away for this simple, gameplay reason - resetting the ladder..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    Being level 110 would look and feel too weird.
    I don't see why it would be weird at all, is the only other rpg you played pokemon where you can't get past 100?
    I've played many rpg's that go waaaaay above 100.

People said it would be weird to be capped at 85, and did you honestly care once you got there?

I sincerely hope leveling is done after WoD. There is absolutely no point. There is plenty of leveling content if people like to level. Gear and other progressions can take the place of leveling.

I fully support the creation of new zones of max level content. Imagine an expansion where the whole continent has max level stuff.

By that logic, and what I assume is your goal which is more raid content. I will say that there should only be one zone encircled by mountains, and every 30 feet should be a raid instance.

I love leveling, it's why I sub right now. I do not care at the moment about raiding, I do care about the open world though. I come home from work everyday and sit down and hop on some WoW. My biggest problem? Deciding which of my chars I will level. I have about 2 90's of each class except a monk, hell I dont even have a monk 90 at all. I will play Battlefield 4 and get pissy about some stupid crap that happened, or I'll play Civ 5 and realize that up to a certain point I am unbeatable, or I'll play Skyrim and realize that doing the Saarthal quest for the 5th time is too boring. I always end up circling back to WoW, and with that usually means I am leveling. Maybe you do not care about Zul'Drak but I do. There is so much unique there. The big dude walking down the road, riding on the shoulder of the frost giant king, the ebon blade meet up for the first time, necropoli, frost trolls, rare spectral pets, etc etc. There are really 2 points here, but I'll only touch on the first: that WoW itself is massive and like massive games, there is give and take. I dont care about raid instances, but I know it's part of WoW, I accept that raid instances have a high priority; it is accepted even though I would prefer content in my interests. This is the mind set I wish most players would adopt.

My friend, it seems like you have tunnel vision, your goal is to rush to the end game as fast as possible and toss away the rest. I assure you, there are thousands like me, who are seeing the game entirely different than yourself.

Herald of the Titans Geminiwolf's Avatar
    Just because there's a lot of old leveling content does not mean they should stop making new leveling content, that just does not make any sense. You'd be taking away like almost of half of what the game is made out of. Also this would mean less content resulting in people getting bored (very quickly if it's without leveling) which then leads to complaining that there's nothing to do. I feel like this is just another "I hate leveling" thread so that's all I'll say on the matter.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

I hope the next expansion the level increases to 125. Leveling is the best thing about the game!

So you're complaining they make zones that you finished in like 2 hours and never go back, and that it's at the cost of a raid tier?

Okay.

I have a solution for you.

They design one zone, it's a desert. Let's say, twice the size of a standard zone. This will be the only new zone in an expansion.

There are no quests, but you have to gain 10 levels to hit max level. There are hundreds/thousands of mobs in this zone.

Go grind it out, the whole thing. The amount of kills it will take you to hit max level far exceeds the amount you would of killed in standard zone/questing to gain 10 levels to hit max.

This will also be incredibly boring, the most unintuitive thing you will ever experience, oh did I mention it's open world with both factions? They will both be doing the same thing, chances are you will die a million times before hitting max level.

For the sake of laughs, PVP battlegrounds are disabled until max level now.

Upon hitting max level, you have 20 raids, 5-10 bosses each.

There are no dungeons, it was a waste of time to design as the focus was the raiding.

Unfortunately for you, epics don't drop in the leveling zone, and rares are extremely rare.

You have to complete these raids with green gear, which are designed for dungeon level rare gear.

You will quickly relive the days of wiping, but now in a raid.

And no, WoW will still not die.

Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands

I sincerely hope raiding is done after WoD. There is absolutely no point. There is plenty of raiding content if people like to raid. Leveling and other progressions can take the place of raiding.

Take ToC for example. how long did it take to design that raid? There is literally nothing to do other than 2 hours of raiding bosses. It pains me to think how much dev time was devoted to creating such a pointless raid, probably at the expense of a leveling zone.

I fully support the creation of new raids of leveling content. Imagine an expansion where the whole continent has leveling stuff.

bottom line: raiding sucks

Does this sum up my opinion on this ignorant thread nicely? Ooh and btw, I don't think that raiding sucks.
    Last edited by Bumbasta; 2014-06-20 at 03:00 PM.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

I would love to try wow where leveling is not there. 100 is a perfect cap, after that, just make all the progression more ilvls and scale mobs accordingly. Just make some easy-ish way for people to catch up who are late or new or w/e(kinda like the Timeless Isle with all the gear drops).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    I sincerely hope raiding is done after WoD. There is absolutely no point. There is plenty of raiding content if people like to raid. Leveling and other progressions can take the place of raiding.

Take ToC for example. how long did it take to design that raid? There is literally nothing to do other than 2 hours of raiding bosses. It pains me to think how much dev time was devoted to creating such a pointless raid, probably at the expense of a leveling zone.

I fully support the creation of new raids of leveling content. Imagine an expansion where the whole continent has leveling stuff.

bottom line: raiding sucks

Does this sum up my opinion on this ignorant thread nicely? Ooh and btw, I don't think that raiding sucks.
    I know you're trying to counter everything the guy says but removing raiding would literally kill the game. There's no market for leveling only or if there is, it'd be so small that it wouldn't be worth the change. At least with raiding, you'd keep a sizable chunk of people. Would there still be people that would want leveling? Sure, but I doubt many of them would quit over not having it.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    I would love to try wow where leveling is not there. 100 is a perfect cap, after that, just make all the progression more ilvls and scale mobs accordingly. Just make some easy-ish way for people to catch up who are late or new or w/e(kinda like the Timeless Isle with all the gear drops).
    How long did you think about this?
    Almost everyone who replies positively to this thread doesn't appear to have placed any thought into this at all.

If your item level keeps rising, what stops you from hitting 100% crit? You'd get there very quickly, would you just nerf crit every raid tier? Don't you think that would feel bad? Imagine how high your crit rating outside instances would end up being when not affected by the crit-reducing aura in the instance.
    What about the next expansion? Would you go to a zone that reduces your crit by -100% in the new zones?

Item level progression is an inferior version of level progression. Designing any further levelling zones or quest content for an expansion set after WoD, without increasing the level cap, would be almost impossible. This takes less than five minutes of thinking to realise, and nobody here has proposed an actual solution for it yet.

Crit is only the tip of the item level iceberg.

Between the Spiral and Anti-Spiral dimensions.
    I'd be okay with them removing leveling if there was something like a Paragon system instead. Then again having a new expansion without any leveling and questing would make the game feel old quick. I personally like leveling never had a problem with it, end game isn't something I've cared about in years so I don't think an expansion without any sort of leveling will be very good. If anything I think Blizzard should tone down the scale of raids and add more dungeons and things to do at max level outside of leveling. I don't have the time to sit in a raid for hours anymore, it's not as rewarding as it use to feel.
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
    -
    Issac Asimov, Foundation.

Pokémon Safari: Rock Type (Magcargo/Barbaracle/Dwebble).
    FC: 0447-5673-4977
    MAL PROFILE