i want to upgrade graphics card but im a complete noob on where to look...

Ok I currently have a dell xps 625 and am finding that the current graphics card an ati radeon 4800 hd series cannot handle gaming very well anymore. I am looking to upgrade it but I am having trouble finding where to look for a compatible upgrade. I recently bought one on ebay and found out when i got it that it does not fit in my computer so I am an extreme novice when it comes to this.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

It seems like a very dated system overall. I woulden't advise just replacing GPU alone, might not be worth the trouble cause off bottle-necking.

Have you tough about a new PC completely? Id avise look into it atleast. But ofcourse if your current PC just needs a new GPU that can be sorted.

This is your motherboard: Motherboard chipset AMD 790X Look for GPU's thats compatible with it, and also fits inn your case, and won't have any problems with your power supply.

Again your build is dated, think about a new PC. But if you only play older games, it should still run just fine trough
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Honestly, that computer is too old to be buying upgrades for, especially if you're still using everything it came with originally, including vista. Save up, then ask for a build here, you can get a pretty decent comp for under a grand.

Deleted
    As Djuntas said its a 5year old pc, i am not really sure how much better gpu it can handle before it would start bottlenecking because of it. Honestly i would not throw money on a such pc. The only reason i can see to spend money on it is if the gpu crapped out and there was no way to build something new. Even a low end new pc will be miles ahead of that.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't even need a grand, i'd say around 700$ you can get a mid range decent pc (not counting peripherals).

yea ive come to that realization that a new computer may be in the future, I was just starting to worry about my PC when it couldn't run wildstar at anything graphically appealing and wondering if its just my crappy computer or wilstar itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to move this to the build/upgrade subforum!
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    yea ive come to that realization that a new computer may be in the future, I was just starting to worry about my PC when it couldn't run wildstar at anything graphically appealing and wondering if its just my crappy computer or wilstar itself.
    Well, it's a little bit of both actually as the optimization still needs alot of work

The processor is decent and will do well most of the time except in CPU-bound games. You can save up for a new CPU+Motherboard+Memory+PSU+GPU or throw a little bit at a GPU+PSU if you can't afford a full overhaul.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.