10+ Year Old Account

Are there any MMOs with "infinite" progression?

By this I mean:
    - Gear that can always be improved...
    - Levels that can always go higher...
    - Copious amounts of time invested equates to you eventually becoming an unstoppable killing machine (at least with regard to PvE)...

I know nothing can be "infinite," but at least just has a very high number for level caps/skill caps, etc and each level scales exponentially so that you probably won't get up there at any reasonable rate.

Kind of like D3 with gear/Paragon levels in that you can always get better (albeit without RNG and all stats can be improved rather than core stat).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    By this I mean:
    - Gear that can always be improved...
    - Levels that can always go higher...
    - Copious amounts of time invested equates to you eventually becoming an unstoppable killing machine (at least with regard to PvE)...

I know nothing can be "infinite," but at least just has a very high number for level caps/skill caps, etc and each level scales exponentially so that you probably won't get up there at any reasonable rate.

Kind of like D3 with gear/Paragon levels in that you can always get better (albeit without RNG and all stats can be improved rather than core stat).

Thanks
    Only one that comes to mind is Lineage 1 but I don't think they have official servers any longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karaoke View Post
    Only one that comes to mind is Lineage 1 but I don't think they have official servers any longer.
    WELL THAT DOESN'T HELP ME NOW DOES IT!?

Thanks for answer though

Eve online kind of comes to mind, but more in that it's less about "being an unstoppable killing machine" and more "being a enconomic juggernaut"

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

http://disgaea.us/

It has 9999 levels and once you reach cap you can reincarnate to start over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Eve online kind of comes to mind, but more in that it's less about "being an unstoppable killing machine" and more "being a enconomic juggernaut"
    Yeah I tried that game for a few months and gave it up. I really liked the concept and ate up the sandbox jibber jabber people sold me when I was looking for a sandbox MMO, but it just wasn't my cup of tea... After a few weeks my "playing" of that game devolved into logging in every other day to update my skill queue and nothing else.

Thanks for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Karaoke View Post
    Lineage 1 has quite a few private servers to play on if you are interested in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post

That reminds me of a mod for Mount & Blade Warband, cRPG.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Lineage 1 has quite a few private servers to play on if you are interested in that game.
    I am more looking for something with official servers, as I am looking for a game to go hard at. I don't want to invest a large amount of time in a game with servers being run by/controlled by/maintained by private persons... One day they decide to stop hosting/paying for host/etc, and boom all that effort gone (I have been burned before on another game, not looking to do that again).

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    That reminds me of a mod for Mount & Blade Warband, cRPG.
    Never tried that game. It looks pretty cool.

loved disgaea but it's not an mmo is it?...don't think any of the games are online.

I know in the first one you could not only level you and all of your minions near infinity but you could level your gear, potions and other items.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is fucked now guys, this game is clearly superior. My Enchanted Motorcycle Bastard Lunatic feels so engaging to play!

Deleted
    I'm gonna play as an Enchanted Motorcycle Inner Mason