[Question] False Quotes allowed or not?

Hi quick question is it allowed to write own text but with quotation marks or with the "quote" button?

Take this for example
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    (This text was not actually written in the quoted source)
    Capitalism, Ho!

If you are summarising or otherwise editing the quote but not intentionally trying to change its meaning then you can.
    For example you can snip images out of a quote, you can highlight only specific sections etc or even summarise it as "stuff about flying".

But if as in your example seems to be, that you are simply lying about what the quoted individual said then no you can't do that.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-06-19 at 10:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Ah yes of course but I meant something like *masked* flaming or arguments which are utilized by changing the quoted text.

For Example, a certain User express an opinion about (dis)liking flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    For Example, a certain user expresses an obviously wrong opinion about (dis)liking flying which is also pointless!
    Capitalism, Ho!

If someone is changing the content of the quote to change its meaning, then no you can't do that.
    There can be valid reasons to change the content of a quote, as I described above.
    Unfortunately opens up the possibility for mis-representation of other people's views.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Altering a quote to make it insulting or to provoke the original poster is infraction-worthy and not acceptable here. Making up a false quote to do the same is just as much of a problem. If you see that kind of behavior, please report it to us right away so we can take care of it.