Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    The opposite of learning how the system actually works is assuming you know things like "Blizzard can't be sued because ToS." Wrong.

You also shouldn't assume that as an individual you have less rights than a corporation or another individual, or that you can't use those rights.
    I wasn't arguing that people couldn't sue Blizzard. My position is that there's no proof "banned accounts" and/or "bot accounts" have successfully sued Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Horseshit.

I've mailed tens of thousands of gold (at once), countless mats and items, stacks upon stacks upon stacks of gems and countless other things and I have *never* been banned or so much as warned for it.
    Age of the account factors into the equation. An older, established, account is not likely to trigger the automated ban. Whereas a newer account is more likely to trigger an automated ban, especially when transferring large sums between new accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    No, the reason I am doing it publicly is because this isn't the first time it happend, it's the second, and I know my brother had this issue at least 3-4 times himself and ALWAYS, they end up reverted. But my question is, is Blizz auto banning accounts?
    Yeah, Blizzard hates players and more importantly they hate those player's accounts. They hate getting paid every month so they look for any excuse to ban as many accounts as they can. Yup, big conspiracy that you've uncovered. It's not you and your brother, it's Big Blizz.

My account has been active for 9 years. No ban so far. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I can get lucky soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Horseshit.

I've mailed tens of thousands of gold (at once), countless mats and items, stacks upon stacks upon stacks of gems and countless other things and I have *never* been banned or so much as warned for it.
    Ooh it's never happened to me. Guess that means it can't happen to anyone else either.

I've been banned twice and had the same message - Abuse of the Economy. The reason being is I use a tunneling service from Australia so I can get a decent ping and that has been mistaken for something else. First time I foned them and got it sorted and the second time I had to send a ticket because they scrapped their call centre thingy. It happened both times when Blizzard were doing carpet bans on botters and I got bundled in with them.

Deleted
    this sort of ban always confuses me. Back in TBC I ran the gem market for alliance on my server. I was laid up for 10 months due to a serious accident and spent almost all my time in wow playing the AH. 13-14 hours a day 7 days a week.

any ore or gems that came onto the AH were bought by me and relisted at my prices. I had 5 ore farmers cod'ing their ore straight to me to cut out the AH middleman. I kept prices higher then they would of been because I had the free time to keep the AH under my thumb during the peak sale times (before and after standard raid times). I don't know if my ore farmers did it the legal way or botted but a couple of them kept me in so much ore I had to have individual alts as storage 1 for each gem colour. I made so much gold I started giving it away in the form of epic flying for all my raiding guild. Not once was I or anyone in my guild actioned by blizzard, not once.

There I am receiving thousands of ore per day via mail, artificially keeping the cost of gems high to ensure my profits and gifting 5k to people all over the show and not one peep. Granted on my end I knew it was all done legally I never botted or even used an AH addon it was all me and excel spreadsheets.

My brother sent 2k to his alt mid wrath and got banned for same as OP "Exploitative Activity: Abuse of the Economy" God knows how they decide these things but it does seem to be somewhat random.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    OP did you contacted Araxom? What did he said?
    OP already said his ban has been overturned. Que the Blizzard praises for fixing one of their own fuck-ups.

Sorry had been busy with work so I managed to forget about the post.

I solve the issue, it seems like Blizzard stated that there's been some kind of .. security breach on my account, something in the lines that I should get a authenticator etc. However, I logged out at last and just before I came online I was in the exact same spot on the character I play, in addition to that I asked my friends to see when last login on my account was - it was when I logged out, so no one actually logged in and exploited the AH /sold gold..

The GM said at first that I had to do this and that to get this solved and implied that it was a secuirty breach at my side ( Note I do have 2 different anti-viruses working at different times, never at the same time and I've never ever had a issue so far with accounts. I do play Wildstar, Tibia, a few other online games and I regulary use paypal and such. If it really was a security breach I'd assume more losses at my side on more of my accounts, however that wasn't the case.

I told the GM that it couldn't have been my fault.. He then ended up resolving it all without any more of my assistance. He just fixd it.

Anyway.. It seems like Blizzard is using some "random" banning system, or they actually had a security breach on their server so a few account probably got "hacked" and they felt the need to bann them. It seems a bit odd that .. Suddenly, as soon as I activated the account after 7 months of no sub it got banned.. Anyway... They solved it within minutes after getting the reply. However it still feels odd. Almost like they bann people totally random.

Strange..
    *It is possible he did get hacked, and they rolled his toon back, though that's pure guessing. Might not have actually been a fuck-up on Blizzard's part.
    Last edited by Daerio; 2014-06-25 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Well well well.

I got my account back yesterday.

Yup, a friendly GM replied to my 4000 character long ticket, admitted it WAS all a mistake, unbanned my account and gave me Diablo 3 for free. After 6 months. Wow.

There you have it. If anyone else has this problem, stay persistent. Blizz automatically blocked all my tickets going in under ban appeals, so I had to send new tickets under Cant log in, hacking, payment issues etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    Appeal. Exploiting economy pretty much always ends up getting reversed.
    Anymore advice you have for exploiters?

I solve the issue, it seems like Blizzard stated that there's been some kind of .. security breach on my account, something in the lines that I should get a authenticator etc. However, I logged out at last and just before I came online I was in the exact same spot on the character I play, in addition to that I asked my friends to see when last login on my account was - it was when I logged out, so no one actually logged in and exploited the AH /sold gold..
    3rd parties have ways to acquire login info. What Blizzard was probably talking about was an attempt to log into account management with correct credentials but from an unexpected location. Or something similar to that.

If you are using the same password for your battle.net account that you are using for other accounts, along with the same email address, you will probably encounter login attempts from random parts of the world sooner or later.

I see denied login attempts to old gmail accounts of mine fairly regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    Well well well.

I got my account back yesterday.

Yup, a friendly GM replied to my 4000 character long ticket, admitted it WAS all a mistake, unbanned my account and gave me Diablo 3 for free. After 6 months. Wow.

There you have it. If anyone else has this problem, stay persistent. Blizz automatically blocked all my tickets going in under ban appeals, so I had to send new tickets under Cant log in, hacking, payment issues etc.
    That is great that you got your account back and although it has taken a long time credit where credit is due for Blizzard giving a copy of D3.

Deleted
    nopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee