Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad to see people are getting the withdrawls, as for me I'm having the opposite issue. wow is just not doing it for me, gameplay wise. I am tired of MoP and no new content it's just...painful it's like after 5...6? years of a relationship just can't get the hype up to actually stay and be happy. oh well i'll be back and fully loyal when WoD comes till then might aswell try some of these free mmos, Tera looks interesting and I've always liked GW2 graphics.

I feel like that sometimes when I'm on a break. Usually it's a sign that it's best not to sub at that point, since I mainly unsub for college semesters and I'd end up playing way too much if I stayed subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    well i've been unsubbed since last September. Just miss the gameplay and socializing with g-mates....i know i'm going to wait till WoD it's just not coming fast enough!
    Download a free to play game in the meantime, it'll help scratch the itch.
    I know there are a lot of haters who say otherwise, but there are other MMOs that legitimately rival WoW in terms of fun/content/quality/etc. Then when WoD hits, you can hope back into that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    I'm glad to see people are getting the withdrawls, as for me I'm having the opposite issue. wow is just not doing it for me, gameplay wise. I am tired of MoP and no new content it's just...painful it's like after 5...6? years of a relationship just can't get the hype up to actually stay and be happy. oh well i'll be back and fully loyal when WoD comes till then might aswell try some of these free mmos, Tera looks interesting and I've always liked GW2 graphics.
    Tera's combat is great, amazing even, but takes some getting into before you really get a grasp of what it can do. Some people find it "lacks mobility", but as you learn the nuances of how each ability affects your movement, it's actually quite mobile. More importantly, the mobility is critical to success in combat, instead of just fluff. Be warned though, the rest of the game is completely generic, no particularly impressive features or anything of the sort. The story quests were the only other appreciable thing the game did, since they let you know what quests were actually worth reading and which ones you could just ignore. Aside from that, standard questing to level, dungeons along the way, then gearing up and dungeon end-game (and a raid, haven't gotten into it though) with occasional festivals and what-not.
    GW2 is all round pretty great, "season 2" of their "living story" (a sort of episodic content patch cycle), starts July 1st. Quite different from WoW in a number of ways, but certainly an overall positive experience. Been playing off and on (play for a few weeks, take a break for a week or two) since beta and it's atleast worth logging on when ever a patch hits (which, during season 1, was once every two weeks. Season 2 will probably continue that pace, or move to once a month but bigger patches).
    Last edited by Arewn; 2014-06-20 at 06:18 AM.

I've felt the urge if just to pay someone to drag me through CMs for the armor since that will be going away. Might do that with my 7 free days while looking for a horde realm to go to from alliance...

Otherwise I just got Diablo 3 for $5 and it's entertaining me; certainly more instant gratification with loot that rains over weeks of being pissed at RNG.
    Last edited by xezar; 2014-06-20 at 06:22 AM.

Been unsubbed since last september...now i'm getting the withdrawals to play again!

anyone else who's been unsubbed as long as i have been (or close to) starting to feel the same way again???!
    Don't. Really, don't. Take it from a returned player - I am considering unsubbing again after only a couple of weeks.

Deep down my heart I wish I never played WoW at all, because these moves forward (oh, let's sub! shiny) and back (damn, how could I forget how stupid and boring this is) are tiring.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The last time that I was subbed started like 2 weeks after SoO was released. I got a Monk and Priest both from 1 to 90, got them both geared on Timeless Isle, then both through the LFR grind to SoO. Cleared SoO LFR on both chars and got bored again, so I unsubbed again before that month was up.

Whenever I think that I want to play WoW again I just have to take a step back and self analyze, because there is always some emotional deficiency driving that desire.

I would suggest use your free play time and if by the end of that, you aren't happy playing then walk away (until WoD lol)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snail23 View Post
    I never understood why a lot of people on here that haven't played the game in years still make posts and talk about the game.
    Me neither, I guess they never filled the void after quitting and are living in some post-WoW limbo.

Funny though how they think their opinion matters, when it has zero influence at all and the majority just skip past their whiny posts :P

Been unsubbed since last september...now i'm getting the withdrawals to play again!

anyone else who's been unsubbed as long as i have been (or close to) starting to feel the same way again???!
    The fix for you is Wildstar. Trust me, it works and for me, its better than WoW !
    MOAR CHOCOLATE

Should try heroin its less addicting lol

But seriously what is it about WoW that keeps making us come back?

Is Chris Metzen secretly sticking subliminal messaging into the game LOL

Or is it we are all just mice trying to catch the unreachable piece of cheese just so we can show off to the other mice how awesome we are even though the other mice dont give a fuck!

Deleted
    I never understood why a lot of people on here that haven't played the game in years still make posts and talk about the game.
    You can still be a fan of Wow and yet not subbed to Wow.

I never understood why people cannot grasp such a simple fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I had this happen for awhile but it will pass.

However blizzard just put a carrot infrout of my face with 7 free days and......now I am downloading the game once again lol.

Going to give it the 7 free days then see if I get hooked back into it. The bonus to the legendary quest will be really helpful in gearing my toons up for soloing.
    Not hating on you, but I find it seriously ridiculous how blizzard is willing to give those who haven't played for awhile 7 free days of playtime, while those (yes, i'm going there) who pay constantly never have gotten any free days of playtime. :/

its hard for me because i have all level 90s and i dont have the time commitment to raid, only pvp....and with the horrible state of pvp, i just can't play as much as i would like to.
    You have time to level up all class to 90 but no time to raid ?! Yeah right.... next expansion try leveling up one toon and focus all your time on him, when you have time to play, you raid or pvp, thats it. With the new Looking for group tools added in WoD it will be very easy to do pug for Flex/Normal/Heroic. At the moment you can download oqueue and easily find a group for Flex or Normal , even premade for LFR!

I have only two character , my main is lvl 582 and I only raid 6h per week with him (or two 3h raid night) my serious alt is lvl 575 and the only thing I do with him is PuG with Oqueue.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2014-06-20 at 08:22 AM.

Deleted
    I had quit for 2 and a half years, about 3 months after firelands came out, then someone bought me the MoP collectors edition, ignited that spark again and I play every evening and all weekend for the last 4 months....

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Not hating on you, but I find it seriously ridiculous how blizzard is willing to give those who haven't played for awhile 7 free days of playtime, while those (yes, i'm going there) who pay constantly never have gotten any free days of playtime. :/
    O I agree 100%. Paying customers should get some bonus's for subbing for X amount of time. Dam near every MMO is doing it now and WoW should have some program like that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post

Thats how they get you hooked again. The ones who are constantly subbed are already drones, The ones who dont sub for a while need the fix, and those 7 days usually turn into 8 with a 15.00 sub. Its like a drug dealer giving you a sample to get you to buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by ben- View Post
    Thats how they get you hooked again. The ones who are constantly subbed are already drones, The ones who dont sub for a while need the fix, and those 7 days usually turn into 8 with a 15.00 sub. Its like a drug dealer giving you a sample to get you to buy more.
    So in order to make yourself feel better about it you have to put the people who play into a derogatory category.

I quit for a year and a half before I came back. It was mostly the nostalgia of the fun times I had during BC and early WotLK that brought me back. MoP is really not that fun and I will be happy when WoD comes out.

Deleted

You wouldn't have them if you would just delete your entire account and characters in it. I think I've been unsubbed for a year as well, can't say I ever had WoW withdrawals. From my understanding and what I see with friends is that they get these "withdrawals" when they feel bored and need to fill a void in their life.

Not saying that's the case with you but it's worth giving it a thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Download a free to play game in the meantime, it'll help scratch the itch.
    I know there are a lot of haters who say otherwise, but there are other MMOs that legitimately rival WoW in terms of fun/content/quality/etc. Then when WoD hits, you can hope back into that
    This proves my entire point, if helping a generic lesser quality game is needed to trim down your need for WoW then you are bored and just playing MMORPG's for the sake of time sinking rather then actually having fun.

If your addicted to games but have fun then by all means, if you are playing them just because you got nothing better to do I suggest you need to find a new hobby.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like people trying to kick a crack addiction hanging out at a crack house. Sure it's everywhere you look, but you don't have to talk about it. Plus you get to talk to people with similar interests!
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka