Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Solo tank Malkorok 25man Heroic Queries

Hey guys,

My guild is up to Malkorok 25man Heroic and our other main tank, a Paladin, is away atm, so I've decided to try and calculate what it'd be like to solo tank blood rage (we do not have enough druids to stack). I've got a few questions and some of them I haven't been able to find answers to here they are:

1. How are the calculations in the following notes: (posted 3 below as I am not allowed to post links on the forums)
    2. What is the bonus AP from Vengeance cap? It is max unbuffed HP? Max current HP? Something else?
    3. How many times does he actually hit in this phase? I was told he doesn't hit for the first 1.5 sec or so, then does aprox 13 hits in 18 second, then last second doesn't attack.
    4. How much bonus AP will I get per hit in this phase? 1.15% of 6,682,500 (aprox 100k)?
    5. How useful is the prot warrior t16 4 set on this boss? While I will lose some dodge and parry (and some HP because I'll replace items with normal tier), I won't get hit for more with the 4set in blood rage (as armour is ignored and I cannot block or parry). This should mean the 4set bonus is good because any extra rage helps a lot because of huge shield barriers in the last 10 seconds of the phase. Does anyone have any idea of how much rage is added per hit?

If there is anything I've missed in that calculations page please tell me, or maybe a better way to co-ordinate cooldowns, or just extra info on the boss in general.

Thanks
    Last edited by Uberjew; 2014-06-20 at 10:55 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's really not that hard and I'll provide zero math for you.

Basically work it so you don't have stacks going into blood rage and then use CDs/externals over 20 seconds. If you have rooks talisman that's essentially shield wall for 3/4 of the duration, which is typically enough.

I don't play a warrior but after the first couple hits your shield barriers will be enormous.

Deleted
    I personally wouldn't suggest using the 4 set as you're tanking outside that phase for quite awhile and the extra parry/dodge from optimized pieces will be important. I've never tanked it myself but from the 25HC I've seen Warriors solo tank it, it's usually been a case of them using Rooks so that it'll last until the end, spamming the literal fuck out of Shield Barrier and your externals seem okay to me.

When you get to the last few seconds your Shield Barriers + Rooks + 30% frolm an external are more than enough to be surviving (from what I've seen ofc)

We run with two tanks on that encounters, and only one (Warrior) goes in to handle the Blood Rage. Honestly, there isn't much to it. Just let whoever is soaking start the fight, and swap at ~14 stacks each time, and leading up to the Blood Rage, let the other tank keep racking up those stacks until the Blood Rage.

Use cooldowns wisely, always have something big and heavy up, like Pain Suppression or Shield Wall.

Remember, you're doing this because it saves on the Healing and makes clearing the platform a lot easier, not for the DPS. If you're doing this for the DPS gain, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons and likely means your DPS are slackers. The added DPS is of course, lovely, but not needed.

Side Note; Protectors Trinket (On Use: Reduces AoE Damage Taken) is really awesome here. Even if it's just a Flex Version, I'd recommend using it.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    I personally wouldn't suggest using the 4 set as you're tanking outside that phase for quite awhile and the extra parry/dodge from optimized pieces will be important
    To be honest, I highly doubt I'll be in any danger outside of the blood rage, I can't link my profile yet because I haven't posted enough to add links, but search "Joemangina" on the US WoW armoury and I'll be the only one there. Until I'm comfortable in blood rage without 4set, I really think that using the 4set for extra rage is a good idea because even 20 rage might mean 500k shield barrier. Thus, you got any idea of how much rage is actually gained per damage taken?

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Side Note; Protectors Trinket (On Use: Reduces AoE Damage Taken) is really awesome here. Even if it's just a Flex Version, I'd recommend using it.
    I have the Heroic WF 4/4 Rook's Unlucky Talisman which I will use near the start as the last <5 seconds will be carried by shield barrier.

Apart from that, can you look at the 3rd post by Atonement where I linked a page with my calculations on this and just see if it all looks right? Also got any ideas on my other questions about veng cap/veng per hit and 4set rage gen? It would mean quite a bit to me knowing that in order to know when best to use shield barrier

Deleted
    I'm afraid I don't, your best bet is http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ection-Warrior although I don't know which page :P

I feel like you are over thinking this. Sadly none of us wish to go into a long answer because it's completely unnecessary.

1. Go in with high rage.
    2. Use trinket and ask for an external to be safe.
    3. At 10s in use shield wall and ask for another external.
    4. Spam barriers and weave in demo shout/banner and rally cry.
    5. Make sure a healer (or two) is spamming you. It's your job to not get one shot, their job to top you off in between hits. Depending on how many externals your guild has, use them all. No reason not to.