Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I know not everyone likes addons, but just before Blizzard announced the macro changes I had released my addon (KayrMacro) that offered similar functionality by extending the MoP macro system; and some people might prefer it so I'm going to do some shameless self-promotion here because I need lots of user feedback to improve the addon.

One advantage of my addon over Blizzard's new talent conditions in WoD is that the conditions added by KayrMacro don't contribute to the macro's actual length, as well as being less longwinded in the first place.

Blizzard style in WoD:
    Code:
    /cast [talent:3/1] Ring of Frost; [talent:3/2] Ice Ward; [talent:3/3] Frostjaw
    KayrMacro addon style in MoP/WoD:
    Code:
    /cast [talent:4] Ring of Frost; [talent:5] Ice Ward; [talent:6] Frostjaw
    (Blizzard's talent condition added in WoD also works with KayrMacro)

Results in macro code like:
    Code:
    /cast Ring of Frost
    (For someone with that talent chosen) - Instead of the full longwinded text from Blizzard's approach.

Alternatively, tier-casting shorthand:
    Code:
    /cast <T3>
    Will cast whichever talent is chosen in 3rd tier.

More in-depth examples can be seen on the addon wiki at
    Code:
    Copy/paste this link (I can't post links here yet):

kayrmacro.kvalyr.com

Scroll to the bottom of the page to get straight to the examples.
    The addon also expands macro storage into the thousands, allows infinite-length macros and adds many other new conditions and functions to the macro system.
    Last edited by mmoc7b51260d9e; 2014-07-20 at 12:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they add some additional functionality for finding a specific macro icons (like a search field), where you can type in an ability and it will narrow down a list of icons.

i hate having to dig through a billion icons to find the one i want
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I hope they add some additional functionality for finding a specific macro icons (like a search field), where you can type in an ability and it will narrow down a list of icons.

i hate having to dig through a billion icons to find the one i want
    Advanced Icon Selector, you are welcome.

with all the 'improvements' that have been made, since the patch NONE of my macros work any longer. i had my CDs listed to /cast and /use and all i had to do was hit it once or twice depending on if i wanted to use 1 GCD or 2 that were tied to it.. now no matter how i type it out, only the very first skill is used and it flat out ignores all the rest of the /cast and doesnt even /use anything. for such improvements, why take out the basic macro scripts? i have to go fish for some looong macro script that doesnt allow me to bind all the skills i want to 1 button which still clutters my bars which was the point of my making the macro in the first place...

Quote Originally Posted by Vartain View Post
    with all the 'improvements' that have been made, since the patch NONE of my macros work any longer. i had my CDs listed to /cast and /use and all i had to do was hit it once or twice depending on if i wanted to use 1 GCD or 2 that were tied to it.. now no matter how i type it out, only the very first skill is used and it flat out ignores all the rest of the /cast and doesnt even /use anything. for such improvements, why take out the basic macro scripts? i have to go fish for some looong macro script that doesnt allow me to bind all the skills i want to 1 button which still clutters my bars which was the point of my making the macro in the first place...
    Can you post an example or two of a macro that no longer works how it used to?

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

/cast murder of crows
    /cast rapid fire
    /cast blood fury
    /use 13
    /use 14

when hit, only the first skill is used even if hit multiple times. there was another form that my brother had set up for me going something like

/castsequence reset=0.5 0, black arrow
    /castsequence reset=0.5 0,0, glaive toss
    /castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0, explosive shot

dont remember exactly with blizzard down for the next several hours, but with this one as well, only the first skill is used and the rest is left ignored

Well, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work still. Although Rapid Fire is for MM hunters only now and racials and trinkets are never on the GCD.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

/castsequence reset=0.5 0, black arrow
    /castsequence reset=0.5 0,0, glaive toss
    /castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0, explosive shot
    One-button class macros were broken intentionally.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    One-button class macros were broken intentionally.
    i see.. that i can understand for the skills like that, but what of the buff CDs? were those taken in with that as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    i see.. that i can understand for the skills like that, but what of the buff CDs? were those taken in with that as well?
    No, macroing together things that aren't on the GCD, like trinkets and most cooldowns, with one ability that is on the GCD still works. I don't know why your first macro isn't working. Similar ones are working fine for me.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    No, macroing together things that aren't on the GCD, like trinkets and most cooldowns, with one ability that is on the GCD still works. I don't know why your first macro isn't working. Similar ones are working fine for me.
    Pretty sure they went out and deliberately broke the "0,0,0" style macros, because one-button rotation macros and addons are, y'know, considered a violation of the ToS, albeit a relatively minor one, and they want that out of the game.

As the developers say, they want *you* to decide what button to press, not the game to do that for you. If you really want this use a nice, detectable, external bot, and eventually get caught and banned for blatantly violating the ToS, rather than this half-assed in-game version of the same damn thing.

Deleted
    Wowhead says A Murder of Crows starts the GCD, so maybe put it last instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Pretty sure they went out and deliberately broke the "0,0,0" style macros, because one-button rotation macros and addons are, y'know, considered a violation of the ToS, albeit a relatively minor one, and they want that out of the game.

As the developers say, they want *you* to decide what button to press, not the game to do that for you. If you really want this use a nice, detectable, external bot, and eventually get caught and banned for blatantly violating the ToS, rather than this half-assed in-game version of the same damn thing.
    He was asking about the other macro (the Murder of Crows one), which is what I was talking about (explicitly, considering I mentioned "first macro").
    Last edited by shanthi; 2014-10-30 at 05:05 PM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.