First Gaming PC Build

I recently purchased a kit system from a leading online company. When I built the system I do not get a POST and nothing displays on the Monitor. I am running the basics that came with the system. One memory SIMM is the DIMM 1 slot. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be the problem. I contacted the supplier and they have sent me a new Motherboard but it has the same issue.

Intel® Core™ i5-4590/MSI Z97 MOBO/PNY XLR8 8GB Desktop Memory/WD 1TB HDD/2x Kingwin LED Case Fans/Cougar Steel Gamer Case in Black w/ 500W Bundle

Thanks in Advance,
    BlueSolomon

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You mention gaming computer, but that bundle doesn't come with a graphics card. Do you have one? And yes this could be relevant to the problem.

(Bundles are generally a bad idea btw, it's better to just have the parts you prefer chosen at your budget to ensure that you're getting high quality parts and the best bang for your buck. The people here are actually extremely helpful when wanting to know the best bang for your buck for your particular uses. I guess it may or may not be too late to reconsider, but just for future purposes It's a good idea to let you know.)
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-06-20 at 02:51 PM.

I would figure it has on board graphics but MSI Z97 mobo doesn't help me know which on you have there are quite a few that they make. Is this the one you have ? http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...de_dI1vQPD_BwE

Or is it one of the gaming ones or the Max ?

You said you get no post so I'm going to ask a really basic question. Are you sure your PSU is turning on and that your getting power to the board ? Do you have another way to test the PSU to ensure this ? Or does the board have a led code light or power light that turns on ?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Based off the information he gave us, this is what comes up:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=9083742

which is why I asked.

Deleted
    Gaming pc without dedicated gpu is not a gaming pc
    We need more info to help you. Does the mobo leds turn on, do the cpu cooler + psu fans spin? Does the mobo speaker (if available) make any beep and what kind of beep?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Intel Core i5-4590 should include integrated graphics (Intel HD Graphics 4600)

Did you try putting the RAM in the 2nd slot (usually goes in 1st slot, but you never know).

Are you hearing any beeps?